PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: New plan changes for EVO 4G???

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
4g network will be great for me, I live 2 miles from a Walmart plus there are 2 walmarts in San Jose, not to mention were stated to get 4g soon over here this year. I don't think I can pass this oppurtunity up, I will have to get an evo once its rooted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Is Sprint really going to use Wally world to add 4G towers? Nothing happened with this rumor after it was mentioned a few months back.

I'm already in a 4G city, and coverage is great near my house and work (according to Clear's coverage map), so I'm ready for the Evo.
Quote:
I thought they said they had already signed something, I could be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
From everythng I've been reading, the Walmart thing was just a rumor and there was nothing to it. It would be nice, but I don't think it was true.

I have also been reading that Sprint plans to launch Wimax in a bunch of cities at the same time they launch the Evo. So if your city is on the list to get Wimax this year, it will probably happen when the Evo is launched in a few weeks.

I care more about good 4G coverage than I do about the crappy voice coverage around here. I hardly ever talk on the phone anyway, but I use data all the time. Fortunately, I have read that there are a lot more 4G towrs in my area than 3G towers, so 4G reception should be better.

I fully expect simultaneous voice and data in a 4G area, but I don't know how it will handle good 4G reception in an area where you are roaming on voice.
I remember hearing something about Clearwire and Walmart... hmmm... now what was it that they said? Oh yeah, I remember now! You can read the (very well written) story here. It was definitley a only rumor back in January, and nothing was ever confirmed, so I highly doubt that it ever happened.

Did I already mention that I really like the article that was written? Man, that guy has talent...
Old 05-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Well the evo party is today in new York, hopefully tonight someone can confirm voice and data, this is a biggie for me. I just need full confirmation.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

This guy over at sprintusers.com said that he went to EVO training and that the EVO plans are priced the same as the current plans. http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...78#post2330178 If this is true its GOOD NEWS!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well the evo party is today in new York, hopefully tonight someone can confirm voice and data, this is a biggie for me. I just need full confirmation.
Agree 100%. Simultaneous voice and data is pretty important to me, so hopefully they will confirm it works tonight.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
This guy over at sprintusers.com said that he went to EVO training and that the EVO plans are priced the same as the current plans. http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...78#post2330178 If this is true its GOOD NEWS!
Very good news. Not really a surprise, but still good news.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

press release dropped including pricing
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/12/s...une-4-for-199/

you'll have to have an everything plan starting @ 69.99 then there's an extra $10 for 4G so right out of the gate we're at 80 and the hotspot is 30
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
press release dropped including pricing
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/12/s...une-4-for-199/

you'll have to have an everything plan starting @ 69.99 then there's an extra $10 for 4G so right out of the gate we're at 80 and the hotspot is 30
On the plus side, they confirmed simultaneous voice and wimax.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
On the plus side, they confirmed simultaneous voice and wimax.
i've never needed it, but i'm excited to see it and find out if it actually would be practical in day to day life
Old 05-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

damn I was wrong about not charging extra for 4g oh well, at least they guranteed voice and data at the same time.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
damn I was wrong about not charging extra for 4g oh well, at least they guranteed voice and data at the same time.
eh, give it a year, when VZW and ATT start launching LTE sprint will drop the extra charge

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G