PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 4G HTC Supersonic Images Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
Hate to disappoint you guys but I really dont see anything being announced at MWC.
Well I wouldn't say nothing was announced, in actuality MWC has given us the first real life, real world, Operating system for Windows Phone 7 Series.

This Android has found it's place in the smart phone world, for a less functional approach to life there's the droid

Intuitive interaction with everything that's important to me, Windows Phone 7 is the one for me

That's not to say Android doesn't do what it does well, which is make the smart phone more accessible and appealing to some factions of people

Is this guy serious
I think serious but ignorant...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network
Threadstarter

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
Hate to disappoint you guys but I really dont see anything being announced at MWC.
Well I wouldn't say nothing was announced, in actuality MWC has given us the first real life, real world, Operating system for Windows Phone 7 Series.

This Android has found it's place in the smart phone world, for a less functional approach to life there's the droid

Intuitive interaction with everything that's important to me, Windows Phone 7 is the one for me

That's not to say Android doesn't do what it does well, which is make the smart phone more accessible and appealing to some factions of people

Is this guy serious
I think serious but ignorant...
Care to elaborate, or are you just thread crapping?

You all Fandroids give me a good laugh everyday, thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Please elaborate on why you think Android is less functional. I had WM phones for years, and Android does everything WM did and more. It seems to me that you haven't really used Android, because if you had, there is no way you could honestly say that it's "less functional".

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Please elaborate on why you think Android is less functional. I had WM phones for years, and Android does everything WM did and more. It seems to me that you haven't really used Android, because if you had, there is no way you could honestly say that it's "less functional".
+1...
Old 02-22-2010, 01:51 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Doubt if youll get an actual answer
Old 02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Can you elaborate on the "...and more..." statement? They seem pretty equally functional to me as does a jailbroken iPhone and webOS for that matter. My wife has an android phone and I have played with it quite a bit, I'm not a huge fan but that's just my opinion...
Old 02-22-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

Back to the matter at hand...any rumored release date?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 PM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Can you elaborate on the "...and more..." statement? They seem pretty equally functional to me as does a jailbroken iPhone and webOS for that matter. My wife has an android phone and I have played with it quite a bit, I'm not a huge fan but that's just my opinion...
The google voice recognition in the Android OS is unmatched. I surf the web with voice commands and rarely ever have to use the keyboard. The newest keyboards in Android all have speech to text functionality that works really really well and is awesome when you want to send a quick message on the road. The built in navigation is also quite amazing and also voice driven. Voice search applies to anything in the phone. You can search for pictures, programs, videos, websites and songs all by simply touching the voice search button. There's an app called iMusic that allows me to easily search and download songs straight to my phone for free, and music player called TuneWiki that automatically downloads album art for all songs stored in my phone as well as scrolling the lyrics for my songs karaoke style as they play. The Shazam music app works much better in Android than it ever did in WM There's are lots of little details that Android is capable of that I never had with Windows Mobile. I havent kept up with WM as much since I went to Android in November, but I'm pretty sure the voice recognition and specch to text is nowhere near like what Android has.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network
Threadstarter

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
careful making assumptions there mate, as a fact, I purchased an android device full retail, with HTC's sense overlay, and was thoroughly not impressed.

I have some personal experience with every device form OS factor you could think of.

To elaborate, the less functional comes in part from the different form factors and hardware specs that accompany sub par android handsets, i.e most not having a magnetic compass for real time map orientation and navigation (just as a little example)

that's just a small thing that sets, Android apart, being that the OS is free to license, you will see alot more "dumb" smartphones appearing, such as the 600mhz pay as you go, T-Mobile Android Pulse, cheap disposable android phones

another factor in which android sticks to mediocrity is its limitations and shortcoming now being seen in the under core of the Operating System such as the Nexus one only using 16-bit color capable of showing a maximum of
android -32 to 64 colors, while ..
iphone/ipod touch - shows 256 color intensities

http://gizmodo.com/5477320/the-nexus...display-secret

So as you can see, Android is less functional in that aspect, that you really have to research which hi end Android device you want, then make sure it's actually even better than competition from years and years ago, which apparently its not doing well in

-nexus signal issues pertain even after the update mandated to try to solve the issue problems. Forums are still reporting signal drops in well established areas

Only after using an Android phone did i formulate my opinion on it, i returned the device before the 30 days, there was no way that was "it" for phones, and im glad i did, or else I'd be in the underdog faction of phandroids, thank god for common sense and patience
Old 02-23-2010, 06:38 PM
That guy with the axe

In all that condescending and pompous text you only made 3 points. "Some" Android handsets use cheaper components, "some" Android handsets have fewer colors, and one Android Handset has signal issues. I see that you work on the old theory of "If you can't dazzle them will brilliance, baffle them with bulls***". Also,if you check marketshare, you'll see that being a WM fanboy puts you in the underdog faction of fanboys considering they are pretty much the least favorite OS when it comes to smartphones.
Quote:
Doubt if youll get an actual answer
You were right.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 02-23-2010 at 06:50 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G