PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to _sandman
Re: [NSFW] Post Your Homescreens!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post
GOD DAMN IT!
You have no idea, I just switched from Sense to ADW! Is LauncherPro that much better? I really would like to use another notification system other than the one I've got rigged up.

Also, does the email notifications work with the regular Sense email application, or only Gmail? And is the lag bad when you have notifications enabled?

Last but not least, I just want to reconfirm this for myself. Since the OTA update, you cannot disable Sense (entirely), correct? I'm sick of having to go to Setting and Manage Applications and force closing the bastard.

... hahah -

when you say disable sense - you want to keep it from doing anything in the background? the only thing about this is you need to take off all your widgets you have on sense then use your new launcher . and set as default.

here is a screeny of launcher pro with gmail notification and handcent notification on the dock.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Threadstarter

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordant2 View Post
Let me get those dock icons. Also how do you get the text to show the unread count in the bottom dock? I tried it and mine didn't update.
the bubble dock icons arent really ready, because i wanna do a whole matching set in white and black. But what the hell here you go. Decided to call them Blurb

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Blurb_preview.zip
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sandman View Post
:confused1: ... hahah -

when you say disable sense - you want to keep it from doing anything in the background? the only thing about this is you need to take off all your widgets you have on sense then use your new launcher . and set as default.

here is a screeny of launcher pro with gmail notification and handcent notification on the dock.

Yeah, I finally caved in and switched. Noticing a ton of force closes though. Kind or irritating. At first I thought it was the 3D app draw (probably didn't help), but now I'm sure it's the dock notifications. Meh, I like them too much to turn it off.

Nice theme by the way. :) I'm too much of an info-nerd to go minimalistic. I like cramming as much information possible into the smallest space.

I do miss the 8x8 option from ADW :/ 5x4 is alright.

Yes, that's what I meant about Sense. It keeps opening when I use Calendar, Stock SMS or Stock E-mail. I could use Handcent, Android Calendar and K-9 but I like Stock too much. I figured they were launching individually and the only thing I suspected was causing Sense to launch was Calendar, but now I know it's more than that.

Here's my LauncherPro Screen after some tweaking. I've still got a few more things to edit and I've got another two screens to fill. But for now I still need to find an .apk for TaskPanel X so I can switch the "Kill All" widget icon to my own.

So irritating!!!

All of my home screen icons other than Camera and Task Panel are folders that open to a small select Apps. So handy! I really don't even need single icons because all my apps are just two clicks away.
My dock has 3 screens, one is the default with notifications and app launcher. The other is all settings and the last is folders, although I need to reskin them all to meet my "glass" theme. Not sure if I want to take that approach for all my icons. I tried it to a select few and wasn't impressed. Liked my GTX knock offs better.

</wall of text>
Old 07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Newone.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

matpal is a n00b

Very nice. Would you mind posting a link to your icons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sandman View Post
... hahah -

Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

matpal is a n00b

I love these icons, but is there any reason why my phone tries to use an incorrect area code when making 7-digit local calls after flashing these?

Also, the "settings" icon was the only one to not change over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
As promised....File can be flashed. Enjoy! These icons work with ROms that have not been deodexed. (I think there is only one ROM out there has this done so far)

Chocmatic Icons

Old 07-09-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ View Post

Nice theme by the way. I'm too much of an info-nerd to go minimalistic. I like cramming as much information possible into the smallest space.

Yes, that's what I meant about Sense. It keeps opening when I use Calendar, Stock SMS or Stock E-mail. I could use Handcent, Android Calendar and K-9 but I like Stock too much. I figured they were launching individually and the only thing I suspected was causing Sense to launch was Calendar, but now I know it's more than that.

</wall of text>

you should see all my other screens !! lol - i have 1 with nothing .. and the rest are filled up!

try taking those widgets off the sense launcher ..
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by matpal View Post
Very nice. Would you mind posting a link to your icons?
i got them from a 2000 icon pack from this great site

i cant remeber the user but i will upload - i take no credit

here it is!!! ..

dont forget to give thanks - specially to the Breakmyfoot

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ons+icon+packs

Last edited by _sandman; 07-09-2010 at 02:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
the bubble dock icons arent really ready, because i wanna do a whole matching set in white and black. But what the hell here you go. Decided to call them Blurb

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Blurb_preview.zip
Thanks given. Those icons are look great.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How is any of this NSFW?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods