PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you LOVE (or not love) about your ELTE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jake View Post
ok this is about to be a dumb question lol but is there no way to turn on regular 4g? or is the lte supposed to be automatic? if i cant even use 4g without it being lte (lte not in my area) i might take this phone back :/
current 4g - wimax
very soon future 4g - LTE

this phone has no wimax radio, only LTE, wimax will be phased out in the next few yrs.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
Originally Posted by big jake View Post
ok this is about to be a dumb question lol but is there no way to turn on regular 4g? or is the lte supposed to be automatic? if i cant even use 4g without it being lte (lte not in my area) i might take this phone back :/
Sorry to break it to you but yeah, no 4G until LTE. The current 4G is WiMAX which uses a completely different radio. So older 4G phones don't work with LTE and LTE ones can't work with WiMAX. A huge downer for many. I don't use it much as it is so no biggie. 3G does seem to be better on the E4GLTE than on my E3D tho. And when we do get LTE it SHOULD be far superior to WiMAX. Battery with 4G LTE should be better than on WiMAX too with these new S4 SOC's and the integrated 4G radio.

This multi tasking on the other hand does have me ready to look at other options. I'm ready to toss this thing even with the mods to scale it back its still frustrating. I just want stock ICS multitasking the one on the E3D ICS was perfect for me. I hope custom roms will allow me to return to that :-/

Edit: Oops didn't see OMJ reply lol

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com

Last edited by princem131; 06-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'

So... I have yet to pick up the ELTE, as I actually use 4G more than the average user. I work from home, and sometimes our crappy Charter Service craps out, which is when I turn on 4G and use my 3VO as a wireless hotspot.

I've heen thinking about picking it up the last week, because Charter identified the (wiring) issue, and hooked us up with an amazing package for a year. HOWEVER, now I keep hearing about this multitaksing issue, and was wondering if someone could explain it to me, or hook me up with a link to an explaination/video. I mean, even some people in this thread talked about returning it due to this.

Sorry for asking... I tried to find (searched) info on this, but I couldn't find anything.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche' View Post
So... I have yet to pick up the ELTE, as I actually use 4G more than the average user. I work from home, and sometimes our crappy Charter Service craps out, which is when I turn on 4G and use my 3VO as a wireless hotspot.

I've heen thinking about picking it up the last week, because Charter identified the (wiring) issue, and hooked us up with an amazing package for a year. HOWEVER, now I keep hearing about this multitaksing issue, and was wondering if someone could explain it to me, or hook me up with a link to an explaination/video. I mean, even some people in this thread talked about returning it due to this.

Sorry for asking... I tried to find (searched) info on this, but I couldn't find anything.
Ok here's a video of the issue on a One X, but it's exactly the same.

http://www.fun47.com/htc-one-x-and-s...-multitasking/

As the honeymoon with this phone wears off I am really getting frustrated. I want it to work and am clinging to the hope that devs will be able to address the major issues.. I absolutely HATE this multitasking. I mean this is why I don't want an iPhone. I use my phone as my primary computing device, multitasking is a must! This crap even with the tweaks (unless I did them wrong), is useless. There also seems to be a noticeable loss of signal strength from my 3VO. I really am missing it with OMJ's ICS rom.. If I could just get that software with this hardware I'd be good... Everyday I'm reluctantly starting to consider my possible options to jump ship for the SGSIII and I really don't want to do that (nor do I know how I would at this point) but this multitasking is unforgivable. Please let a custom rom save this phone for me!

I'm also optimistic that a new back cover with improved antennas may one day surface. Smh I really want to keep loving this phone but if I'm loosing functions my first Android the HTC Hero had years ago that is a fail that I can't over look.

Positive Vibrations
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Ok here's a video of the issue on a One X, but it's exactly the same.

HTC One X and S Disappointing In Terms Of Multitasking?

As the honeymoon with this phone wears off I am really getting frustrated. I want it to work and am clinging to the hope that devs will be able to address the major issues.. I absolutely HATE this multitasking. I mean this is why I don't want an iPhone. I use my phone as my primary computing device, multitasking is a must! This crap even with the tweaks (unless I did them wrong), is useless. There also seems to be a noticeable loss of signal strength from my 3VO. I really am missing it with OMJ's ICS rom.. If I could just get that software with this hardware I'd be good... Everyday I'm reluctantly starting to consider my possible options to jump ship for the SGSIII and I really don't want to do that (nor do I know how I would at this point) but this multitasking is unforgivable. Please let a custom rom save this phone for me!

I'm also optimistic that a new back cover with improved antennas may one day surface. Smh I really want to keep loving this phone but if I'm loosing functions my first Android the HTC Hero had years ago that is a fail that I can't over look.

Positive Vibrations

Ahhh, I see. So it just keeps closing recent apps, then...? It's almost kind of funny, since sooo many people couldn't stand how apps would remain running in the background. A lot of people were desperately looking for ways to stop that from happening. Now, a lot of people seem agitated that this is now built in. Still, though... I understand the issue. That does kind of suck.

Anyway, THANKS for the reply!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:14 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

@princem131 have u tried deleting or renaming wiper.apk?

been reading about this...

Possible fix for multi tasking - xda-developers
Old 06-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I was running Viper's values but just playing with RTB right now and first indications seems a bit better... Using "minimal" preset

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2012, 01:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
@princem131 have u tried deleting or renaming wiper.apk?

been reading about this...

Possible fix for multi tasking - xda-developers
Hadn't seen that yet I may have to give it a shot. Loaded Viper last night and multitasking seems much better. Still gotta give your rom a whirl when I get some time. I'm feeling better that the community will take care of this!

Positive Vibrations
Old 06-16-2012, 12:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

Fosters is a n00b

the proximity sensor and the zagg screen protector don't cooperate... when i'm on the phone and need to access the phone for anything (text, email, contacts, etc), i hit power to turn the screen on, and the stupid sensor senses the screen protector and shuts off the screen as soon as I touch the screen... Unbelievably annoying, I'm gonna cut a piece of that screen protector thing I think... Other than that, the battery life amazes me every time.

Oh, and there's no way to deal in spider solitaire, because there's no search key. My bathroom activities have been reduced to Forty Thieves only
Old 06-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters View Post
Oh, and there's no way to deal in spider solitaire, because there's no search key. My bathroom activities have been reduced to Forty Thieves only
If you're rooted there is a mod to use your camera button for search. Half press for search, hold half press for voice search, and hold full press still launches camera. I love it! I was really missing my search button.

Positive Vibrations

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE