View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:58 AM
princem131
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
Originally Posted by big jake View Post
ok this is about to be a dumb question lol but is there no way to turn on regular 4g? or is the lte supposed to be automatic? if i cant even use 4g without it being lte (lte not in my area) i might take this phone back :/
Sorry to break it to you but yeah, no 4G until LTE. The current 4G is WiMAX which uses a completely different radio. So older 4G phones don't work with LTE and LTE ones can't work with WiMAX. A huge downer for many. I don't use it much as it is so no biggie. 3G does seem to be better on the E4GLTE than on my E3D tho. And when we do get LTE it SHOULD be far superior to WiMAX. Battery with 4G LTE should be better than on WiMAX too with these new S4 SOC's and the integrated 4G radio.

This multi tasking on the other hand does have me ready to look at other options. I'm ready to toss this thing even with the mods to scale it back its still frustrating. I just want stock ICS multitasking the one on the E3D ICS was perfect for me. I hope custom roms will allow me to return to that :-/

Edit: Oops didn't see OMJ reply lol

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com

Last edited by princem131; 06-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.