PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G LTE Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=422)
-   -   [ROM] OMJ's HTC ELTE Custom ROM | 2.13.651.1 | Odex | Deodexed | v2.3 | Updated 10/2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=150224)

fearbasel04 06-06-2012 12:38 PM

I can test it too. Ur roms always make me happy lol

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App

OMJ 06-06-2012 02:51 PM

Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC ELTE Custom ROM | 1.13.651.1 | ICS 4.0.3 | v1.0 Coming Soon!

ok, so anyone who wants to test, the link below is the stock files that I have replaced in my ROM. Open both zips, then drag the file from one zip to the other prior to flashing ROM.

I suspect the issue may be SettingsProvider.apk but who knows....you can try just that apk first or all....up to u, but one at at time would help isolate.

thx!

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVOLTE/Users/...tock.files.zip

Vancer 06-06-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2180631)
:( well thx for testing....it's probably one of the mods...If you want to test again, I can zip up the stock files to replace the mods.

yep, saw it & already made the change :)

also noticed u on viper...how is it?

Viper is running pretty smooth! Haven't had any issues since flashing so far :) ... Also running Run/Viper's mod with APM, menu and long press home and did the build.prop edit I mentioned of course

I can always test anything u need me to buddy! :)... But if you replaced those files how would it be any different from your stock rom then ?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

OMJ 06-06-2012 02:54 PM

Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC ELTE Custom ROM | 1.13.651.1 | ICS 4.0.3 | v1.0 Coming Soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancer (Post 2180662)
Viper is running pretty smooth! Haven't had any issues since flashing so far :) ... Also running Run/Viper's mod with APM, menu and long press home and did the build.prop edit I mentioned of course

I can always test anything u need me to buddy! :)... But if you replaced those files how would it be any different from your stock rom then ?

see my post above yours.....that's why u try one file at a time :)

ideally, when I have a issue, I'll copy the stock files back in, flash, then push one file at a time until I find the bad one....though some would use logcat, I'm not that good at deciphering.

Vancer 06-06-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2180661)
ok, so anyone who wants to test, the link below is the stock files that I have replaced in my ROM. Open both zips, then drag the file from one zip to the other prior to flashing ROM.

I suspect the issue may be SettingsProvider.apk but who knows....you can try just that apk first or all....up to u, but one at at time would help isolate.

thx!

http://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVOLTE/Users/...tock.files.zip

Uh oh ... Still on the road and don't think I can stand the time it would take on that pos computer lol ... Unless there's a way to extract and zip back up on my phone? ... Seems I tried that before on my phone and didn't zip back up properly and wouldn't flash

... I am gonna d/l the files and snoop at ur changes though :) hehe

dimensi0n 06-12-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2180663)
see my post above yours.....that's why u try one file at a time :)

ideally, when I have a issue, I'll copy the stock files back in, flash, then push one file at a time until I find the bad one....though some would use logcat, I'm not that good at deciphering.

Unlock old man.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3G Fresh LTE 5.0.0 using Tapatalk 2

OMJ 06-12-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimensi0n (Post 2181052)
Unlock old man.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3G Fresh LTE 5.0.0 using Tapatalk 2

lol....I was actually considering doing it today...

Vancer 06-12-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2181066)
lol....I was actually considering doing it today...

Bout time! ... We can flash radios and splash screens with S-on on this phone now and we both know you are never gonna send that thing in for an HTC warranty! :P

princem131 06-12-2012 01:46 PM

Lol ^

Does it automatically void the warranty or it just MAY void warranty?

I think I'm diving in today. I need to see if a custom rom can FULLY rectify this multitasking. How's your rom running so far OMJ? Have you guys worked out the little quirks discussed above? What's your plans for multitasking? I know you included the mods that are floating around but to me they don't seem to really solve the problem, but just slightly reduce it. Is there any hope of getting more traditional multitasking on this phone?!

Positive Vibrations

OMJ 06-12-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancer (Post 2181068)
Bout time! ... We can flash radios and splash screens with S-on on this phone now and we both know you are never gonna send that thing in for an HTC warranty! :P

yep, I know

Quote:

Originally Posted by princem131 (Post 2181073)
Lol ^

Does it automatically void the warranty or it just MAY void warranty?

I think I'm diving in today. I need to see if a custom rom can FULLY rectify this multitasking. How's your rom running so far OMJ? Have you guys worked out the little quirks discussed above? What's your plans for multitasking? I know you included the mods that are floating around but to me they don't seem to really solve the problem, but just slightly reduce it. Is there any hope of getting more traditional multitasking on this phone?!

Positive Vibrations

that's the million dollar question, lol

I wouldn't know, still locked & haven't tested my ROM....I don't believe anyone but Vancer had flashed it, so I'll have to test myself. Plans for multitasking? I'll implement whatever fix comes about in the ROM....in case you haven't figured it out yet, I consider myself more of a ROM chef than dev....I'm no guru.