PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Siedio Vs Body Glove! (Just my opinion)

Seidio
Vs
Body Glove

Well, I initially purchased the Best Buy Siedio case. Today I decided to buy the Body Glove case offered by Sprint so I had options. What's pretty cool here is that the belt clip from the Siedio works for the Body Glove.

Here's my 2 cents on the cases...

The Body Glove case seems cheaply made with a fragile looking and feeling front bezel that holds everything together. I don't trust the front part, especially by the volume buttons where there is less meat then the rest. I honestly don't think this is a durable case and feel that one drop to the floor and it's all over. It looks nice and feels good in your hand with the textured back but again it feels cheaply made.

The Siedio case is solid. No thin peices of plastic here. I can honestly say there is not one vulnerable area on the case that concerns me, as does the Body Gloves front peice. There isn't much grip on the Seidio but I like the smooth rubbery coating they use, I feel it adds to the durability of this case.

All in all, they are both nice cases but I think the Seidio is going to be my everyday'er and I'll have the Body Glove to change it up if I'm feeling frisky!!!

Take it for what it's worth!!! My vote goes to Siedio!!!

Reviews:
Seidio
http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/06/re...ace-combo.html

Body Glove
http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/06/re...tc-evo-4g.html

Feel free to add your likes and dislikes for either of these cases...
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

yang88she is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to yang88she Send a message via MSN to yang88she Send a message via Yahoo to yang88she
Re: Siedio Vs Body Glove! (Just my opinion)

Thanks for the comparison...thinking about going w. The sendo as the body glove is testing. My patience as far ease of taking off
Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnychimpo is just getting started

Which one is THINNER in your hand and feel?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS
Threadstarter

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
Which one is THINNER in your hand and feel?
Body Glove is slightly thinner... I think the coating that Siedio puts on gives it that little extra!

Last edited by D\/8; 06-09-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

InsidetheRockPoster is a n00b

Which one protects the camera lens best when you lay down on the side ?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo!!

TheHoard is becoming a great contributor

I already ordered a Seidio case, just waiting on the merchant to get them in to ship it. I hope it's soon. That case looks like the shizz, and your review just reinforced my decision to go with Seidio. My phone looks naked without it.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsidetheRockPoster View Post
Which one protects the camera lens best when you lay down on the side ?
Both cases protect the lens.

I agree w/ the comment about the area by the volume buttons feeling weak. I keep expecting to accidentally apply too much pressure one day and snap that section off.

I bought the Bodyglove because I had the phone in my hands and didn't want to risk dropping it the 1st weekend. I really like the case, especially the appearance, but it doesn't feel very strong.

I think you're right about 1 drop and it's gone.

Thanks for the review.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

I like the BodyGlove. I got one installed.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex

I have used Seidio cases on my PPC-6700, Touch, Touch Pro and now Evo... I have even donated cases out after I have gotten rid of the device... I would swear by the Seidio cases as they have been excellent in fit, finish and feel....

2 things to keep in mind... first, the rubbery finish on the seidio cases do not play well with isopropyl alcohol... clean only with soap and water unless you really want a smooth case... second... and this holds true with almost all plastic cases.... if you are one of the type that pack extra batteries or sdcard and constantly swap either... expect the clasps that hold the case together to wear out... yet another plus to the seidio was that even after I wore out the clasps it still fit and protected the device from the initial (long) drop but popped off for the secondary slide..
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D\/8 View Post
bought that one yesterday from best by along with
the zagg screen, damn thing hard to come off

Last edited by tj.iscool; 06-11-2010 at 02:48 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories