PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Basically Box.net is offering 50GB online storage (normally 5GB) to anyone with an LG or Xperia phone. If you dont have any of these phones you can still benifit from this offer by quickly editing your build.prop.

HOW TO GET FREE 50GB (BOX.net) STORAGE (your phone need to be rooted):

1. Download Box(v1.4.2.2) and install it on your Android device.
2. Use Root Explorer to edit the file build.prop in system folder (root/system):

edit these two lines to look like this (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST);
ro.product.manufacturer=LGE
ro.product.model=VS910 4G

3. Reboot the device

4. Open the box app, either register for a new account or login using your 5 Gb account, and you should receive a 50GB account or account upgrade.

This offer had been extended til 3/30/12!!!
This offer ends on the 31st of December so make the most of it.
Don't forget to restore your original build.prop after.

If this works for ya, don't forget to hit the thanks button!! And if anyone needs(non root users), pm me your email addy with a temp password(for the box account) and I'll sign you up for one!!

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 01-02-2012 at 10:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Basically Box.net is offering 50GB online storage (normally 5GB) to anyone with an LG or Xperia phone. If you dont have any of these phones you can still benifit from this offer by quickly editing your build.prop.

2. Use Root Explorer to edit the file build.prop in system folder (root/system):

3. Reboot the device

4. Open the box app, either register for a new account or login using your 5 Gb account, and you should receive a 50GB account or account upgrade.

If this works for ya, don't forget to hit the thanks button!! And if anyone needs(non root users), pm me your email addy with a temp password(for the box account) and I'll sign you up for one!!
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. I've tried everything in editing that build.prop file and it keeps saying I cannot edit because it is read only. Can you pm me the build.prop already edited or add it here?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. I've tried everything in editing that build.prop file and it keeps saying I cannot edit because it is read only. Can you pm me the build.prop already edited or add it here?
I would post it for ya but i'm not sure if it'll work because our devices aren't exactly the same..ex: I'm running a 2.3.4 custom rom(synergy) and am afraid it might mess something else up on your device if all other info doesn't match up.

Which file explorer app are you using? If your using root explorer, once in the system folder you'll see across the top of the screen "mounted as r/o" with a "mount r/w" button right next to it. Click the mount r/w button to make it read/writable and try again. If that doesn't work I'll set up an account for ya.

Edit: just signed ya up for an account..check pm for more info!!

Last edited by lnando84; 12-17-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
I would post it for ya but i'm not sure if it'll work because our devices aren't exactly the same..ex: I'm running a 2.3.4 custom rom(synergy) and am afraid it might mess something else up on your device if all other info doesn't match up.

Which file explorer app are you using? If your using root explorer, once in the system folder you'll see across the top of the screen "mounted as r/o" with a "mount r/w" button right next to it. Click the mount r/w button to make it read/writable and try again. If that doesn't work I'll set up an account for ya.

Edit: just signed ya up for an account..check pm for more info!!
Thats what it was. Read Only Vs Re Writable. U R Da Man.

One other question. Just to make sure I understand.

Now that I edited the file to an LG device, even tho I have an HTC Evo 3D. I'm rooted but running stock rom. I should re edit the file back to original? Or I can delete the edited file, and replace with original or back up that I made of it. Is this correct?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup(so far 48.75 Gb's free) + 50Gb offer ends 12

didn't see youe edit til after I posted
Old 12-17-2011, 06:18 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thats what it was. Read Only Vs Re Writable. U R Da Man.

One other question. Just to make sure I understand.

Now that I edited the file to an LG device, even tho I have an HTC Evo 3D. I'm rooted but running stock rom. I should re edit the file back to original? Or I can delete the edited file, and replace with original or back up that I made of it. Is this correct?
Cool glad it's working for ya now. Yeah either way will work for ya.. just copy/paste the original back into /system overwriting the (lg)edited or you could just re-edit the file back to manufacturer=HTC , model=PG86100.(not sure if its case-sensitive but I'd treat is as it was just in case). Rebooting afterwards should get you back to the defaulted build.prop. (can always double-check to be sure)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Cool glad it's working for ya now. Yeah either way will work for ya.. just copy/paste the original back into /system overwriting the (lg)edited or you could just re-edit the file back to manufacturer=HTC , model=PG86100.(not sure if its case-sensitive but I'd treat is as it was just in case). Rebooting afterwards should get you back to the defaulted build.prop. (can always double-check to be sure)
gratitude and much appreciation
Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
gratitude and much appreciation
You're welcome bro!

Sent from my Eagle'd out 3d on the PPCGeeks App
Old 12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 3DVO

PPCFreek21 is a n00b

Quote:

3. Reboot the device

Thanks lnando this worked perfectly. I wanted to add that if you log off the box app and register with a different email address it will give you another 50GB on that email address. I guess to infinity (so far I've done it on 4 email addresses).
Old 01-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreek21 View Post
Thanks lnando this worked perfectly. I wanted to add that if you log off the box app and register with a different email address it will give you another 50GB on that email address. I guess to infinity (so far I've done it on 4 email addresses).
You're welcome bro!! I did the same and hooked up everyone in my immediate family with accounts.

This great offer has been extended til March 30th!!

Last edited by lnando84; 01-03-2012 at 05:03 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D