PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO3D and Sense UI 3.0

Very nice video. So responsive. Nothing like my TP2.

I notice no fingerprint smear.

Can the android 3.0 be rooted right away?

The 3.0 can run any software written in 2.3 or lower right?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Very nice video. So responsive. Nothing like my TP2.

I notice no fingerprint smear.

Can the android 3.0 be rooted right away?

The 3.0 can run any software written in 2.3 or lower right?
don't confuse Sense 3.0 w/ Android 3.0

Android 3.0 (honeycomb) is for Tablets

EVO 3D will come w/ Sense 3.0 but it is still unknown which version of Android it will have, either 2.3.3 or 2.4.....I'm guessing 2.4 since it's suppose to support dual core cpus
Old 05-03-2011, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

EVO 3D will come w/ Sense 3.0 but it is still unknown which version of Android it will have, either 2.3.3 or 2.4.....I'm guessing 2.4 since it's suppose to support dual core cpus
Hopefully this is the case, because Sprint announced that it would come with the latest Andriod OS...which at the time 2.3 was/is the latest out! The support for dual core is awesome...I seen the result for the sensation and didn't make sense why they were that low? Question; When will 2.4 be released!?
Old 05-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

um no. It will launch with 2.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
Hopefully this is the case, because Sprint announced that it would come with the latest Andriod OS...which at the time 2.3 was/is the latest out! The support for dual core is awesome...I seen the result for the sensation and didn't make sense why they were that low? Question; When will 2.4 be released!?
wtf? release date? 2.4 HASN'T EVEN BEEN ANNOUNCED YET!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
um no. It will launch with 2.3

wtf? release date? 2.4 HASN'T EVEN BEEN ANNOUNCED YET!!!
It's all over the web! wtf!? Since when have we geeks waited on a official announcement to know if some thing is on it's way!? Never, we always look for the scoop

Android 2.4 Gingerbread breaks loose on a prototype Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc? -- Engadget
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
It's all over the web! wtf!? Since when have we geeks waited on a official announcement to know if some thing is on it's way!? Never, we always look for the scoop

Android 2.4 Gingerbread breaks loose on a prototype Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc? -- Engadget
Yes, i saw this a long time ago. But this says nothing about the release date of 2.4! which is what i was responding to. There was not leak of the release date of 2.4!!! We wait for the official announcement when the info has not been leaked!

and btw your link is bogus. if it was running some super early alpha version of 2.4, it was nowhere near what 2.4 will be. and the Arc will launch with 2.3!!!!! geeks find the scoops, then question their validity!

Last edited by sprinttouch666; 05-12-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
Yes, i saw this a long time ago. But this says nothing about the release date of 2.4! which is what i was responding to. There was not leak of the release date of 2.4!!! We wait for the official announcement when the info has not been leaked!

and btw your link is bogus. if it was running some super early alpha version of 2.4, it was nowhere near what 2.4 will be. and the Arc will launch with 2.3!!!!! geeks find the scoops, then question their validity!
So the link is bogus, like all the site that have pics (evidence) are bogus now!? And if if was a running that version, Google could easily rename it and the fact that Google never said they were wrong! But your the genius, and I'm wrong!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Google announced Ice Cream Sandwich which is Android 2.4, it is basically a coming together of Tablet OS with Phone OS, kinda like WinXP was the coming together of NT with 95/98/ME.

The 3D is going to ship with Android 2.3 Gingerbread running under Sense 3.0

The RUU has already been leaked remember, there are already Sense 3.0 ports for my HD2, albeit not stable.

2.4 supposedly is coming out in Q3 2011, so the Nexus S and Nexus One should get an OTA first probably at that time and I'm thinking everyone else will get an OTA in Q4 2011 or Q1 2012.

The coolest thing about this phone I think, which has not been talked about too much, is the resolution. You are going to notice it right away with Sense because Sense has always been very colorful and very eye-candy and a higher resolution will really pop out at you (along with the obvious 3D).

The MSM dual-core will probably have an OC kernel up to 1.8ghz+ I am thinking very soon after the phone is released and I am hearing really good things about the GPU on this thing. It is a beast of a phone and I would NEVER get a Samsung SII or anything over it. This phone looks insanely sweet.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:37 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkid View Post
The RUU has already been leaked remember, there are already Sense 3.0 ports for my HD2, albeit not stable.
well actually it wasn't a RUU, but a dump....there are several sense 3.0 ports in progress for the EVO

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D