PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WM6.1
Carrier: Sprint

poopymonster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2x HTC EVO 3D Battery 1930mAh + Dock USB Charger $35 (normally 50)

I went ahead and bought the chichitech (2 pack plus the wall charger) from htcexpress.com for $32 shipped. Will report back on their performance.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Threadstarter

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by draghn View Post
Did you guys peel the stickers back and check the batteries' original mAh? Most of them are turning out to be 1000 mAh, some are 1300 mAh, but have stickers that claim higher ratings. I got duped myself with two different brands; they were so cheap.
I'm assuming you mean the cheap-os off ebay? I will check my chichis when they get here just incase though. I ordered some a few days ago. Soon as I get them I'm going to charge them 6+ hours and then top them off a few times before I put them into the phone and top them off again to make sure they get 100% charge then put them to work from there.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: SPRINT

leckey73 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by draghn View Post
Did you guys peel the stickers back and check the batteries' original mAh? Most of them are turning out to be 1000 mAh, some are 1300 mAh, but have stickers that claim higher ratings. I got duped myself with two different brands; they were so cheap.
it looks like 1800 but could be 1300 I'll check another . Works good for 12 bucks.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work
Yes, personally I mean ebay. But a whole slew of others are being reported as mislabelled like they're larger capacity too. A few different places i've seen people saying the same, but here's a compiled thread of different ones:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1176984
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I got mine last night, put them on the charger around 8pm (wife is really bad with checking the mail so they sat in the mailbox cooking for awhile >_<) and took them off the charger around 8am. My first impressions aren't good to be honest. They came in one of those bubble wrap envelopes then each individual item was in its own thin plastic. So the packaging IMO was kind of cheap/cheesy. Then the dock chargers seem to be rather cheap. Not only in feel, but the light indicator on the two that I have don't match. By that I mean they both show RED as charging, but when indicating a "full" charge one shows an almost purple color and the other shows a bluer or teal color. I should have photographed the packaging just to show, I may dig it out of the trash and do just that.

As far as the batteries go we will have to see. Since I have just put them in there is still lots of time to go before I can say anything. I will say though that it looks like they are effected by the 99% "full" indicator.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Ordered these earlier from htcexpress.com

31.49 shipped with coupon off10

Anyways, I ordered them because people have been having good experiences with them over at XDA

Sent from my 3vo via Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So far these batteries are doing great. My wife said she immediately noticed a difference and today was the first day that I got to really use my phone since I was out of the house.

It got above average use for what I typically do and after about 12.5hrs it is at 40% (after having been on the charger overnight and unplugged at 100%). Unfortunately, I can't tell you valid "Up Time" vs "Awake Time" but I will try to get it better tomorrow (right now it shows 33hrs and 59hrs respectively). Even with having 0% brightness (using the Curvefish Brightness Level Widget - BTW despite it saying it won't...I will work with Sense UI) 80% of the time it was used my phone is showing that 60% of my juice went to display. In that time I did a good several hours of web surfing (on 3G and wifi), some phone calls, about 30mins of GPS navigation, and about 30 mins of Angry Birds.

Obviously could just be my imagination etc and I hope to be able to tell more when I can more accurately tell the awake time vs up time.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just got them in the mail today...Pretty fast shipping. Charging them now, will get back on the performance...

Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyzac View Post
Just got them in the mail today...Pretty fast shipping. Charging them now, will get back on the performance...

Please do. Thank you @luckyzac and @Ruh for giving us some feedback on these. I got burned and became gunshy buying others, but still want a second battery that is a little better, or at least as good as the original.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I've been using them for the first time today and I am getting about the same time as I get out of my stock battery, not much more...But the battery hasn't been broken in.

On another note, one of the batteries they sent me is broken...the plastic separating the different parts of the metal pieces on the battery is bent...Emailed HTC express..Wonder how they will handle this.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories