PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

draxxus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Must Have Apps for Andriod on the Incredible.

Highly recommend Zedge for wallpapers. Slick interface and plenty of high quality wallpapers to choose from.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

PPCGeeks keyboard skin with HTC_IME Mod available here. BTW it looks better on the actual device itself.
~mike

Preview Image:

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am loving this keyboard sooo much! Glad you showed it to the members Can't wait to get me the Eris and have one on it too!!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

schoust is a n00b

Hi Guy's
Well I am about to leave the Windows mobile scene and never look back but I have to be sure that there is an application for Remote desktop client? I need a client that will enable me to VPN into a secure sight and view my data as needed from anywhere in the Country. Is the such an App for Android? I really like the Incredible but the lack of a real keyboard is another thing that's bothering me. Is that Swipe app that good??
Old 05-15-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoust View Post
Hi Guy's
Well I am about to leave the Windows mobile scene and never look back but I have to be sure that there is an application for Remote desktop client? I need a client that will enable me to VPN into a secure sight and view my data as needed from anywhere in the Country. Is the such an App for Android? I really like the Incredible but the lack of a real keyboard is another thing that's bothering me. Is that Swipe app that good??
1. There's a few RDP clients, and VNC clients in the Android marketplace. You can look at them here: http://www.appbrain.com/ - just search for RDP or Remote Desktop or whatever. -- There's one called "Remote RDP Lite" that's free, but doesn't have some certain features. Otherwise, they're all paid apps.

2. Google VPN for Android -- there's actually a built in VPN function in the connections, and if that doesn't work, there are more VPN apps.

3. There are a few different software keyboards to try.
a. Stock HTC Incredible Keyboard - tap, vibrate, click-sound, autofill, talk-to-text, landscape - a lot of people like this keyboard.
b. Swype - GREAT keyboard. You have to find an APK, but it's easy to install and works FAST. No talk-to-text, yet, though.
c. ThickButtons - uses prediction to enlarge your next potential keys. Kind of neat. I like Swype better

I got my wife an Incredible for Mother's Day, and when she found out it wasn't "Free" like all of the rest of her phones have been, and that it would be an extra $20/month, she immediately hated the phone without using it. I made her use it for the last 3 weeks, and now she likes it, but still doesn't wanna keep it. The two things she said she would miss: Jewels, and "that Swypey keyboard thingy". She doesn't text at all, but she said she WOULD text if she had that keyboard... Still wasn't enough to get her to use a smartphone, but to me, that says a lot for the keyboard.

Hope it helps.

jakewill
Old 05-18-2010, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

Right now, you can get "Documents to Go Full Version" for $14.99 via the Market, regularly $29.99!

This is the Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Adobe/PowerPoint equivilent that lets you create/edit/zoom/format/view, etc. Microsoft Office products and sync with your desktop.

It's a MUST-Have!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 05-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

my must have apps are:

mixzing - a better music player than stock IMO. has a lock screen widget with the paid one, the free one lets you use the widget for a short period of time but it is still great. the paid version is totally worth it

phonemypc - access your desktop from anywhere, 9.99 but worth it, no free version.

my remote - control windows media center, music, movies, and programs from all from your DI. free

videobox - download videos from sites like youtube. free

TV listings - get all your local cable or OTA programing on your phone.

then there is Garden of weeden
- grow your own weed plant, buy food and upgrades, raise it then sell it and do it again. 3.99 in the market

Last edited by jtuite; 05-23-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: verizon

sranger331 is a n00b

I got the keyboard, it's nice. Any word about when we can get a tsowen taskbar? I saw his post on 3-10 over in his winmo custom taskbar thread, that would be awesome to have.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sranger331 View Post
I got the keyboard, it's nice. Any word about when we can get a tsowen taskbar? I saw his post on 3-10 over in his winmo custom taskbar thread, that would be awesome to have.
I'm still kinda new to the Android world, but I believe to utilize custom taskbars we need a rooted device, so I don't think we can on the Incredible for a bit yet.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I'm still kinda new to the Android world, but I believe to utilize custom taskbars we need a rooted device, so I don't think we can on the Incredible for a bit yet.
Evo has been pre-ordered and I will start working on a taksbar
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible