PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PRE Order sign up website!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
reserved mine this afternoon cant wait!!! no got a long week of wait/collecting apps/learning about android b4 next sunday!! anyone else preorder or reserve one?
same here, need to start learning. haven't reserved yet though, kinda in a pickle with the alternate upgrade thing. gonna go to a vzw store tomorrow and see if i can reserve it. if not, then i will try bestbuy and see if they have the ability to authorize an alternate upgrade. damn you tp2, wasted my upgrade on you, at least i got what i paid for it....

man, so stoked for this phone. anybody have any recommendations on where to learn about android? with winmo i found everything i ever needed here at ppcgeeks. android seems to have a ton of different forums. anybody got any favs?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

verizons spec page is up

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...CompletedOrder

EDIT: so check out the side pic of it. never noticed this, but what the hell kinda connector is that? i hate it when they make custom connectors, always a hassle when you don't have the stock cord around

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 04-19-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

the connector is microusb much more prevalent than the minusb htc has used in the past
Old 04-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

MrRedPants is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
damn, i won't be able to pre order this guy. i have to use another lines upgrade on my family plan because i wasted mine on the tp2 back in september. turns out if i preorder it i'll have to jump through hoops to get it on my line. however the rep i spoke to said you can call the day its released and they can set one aside for you. so that is always an option too for people who can't preorder.

lookin forward to this phone. was all in for the n1, but the lack of news/info bothers me. plus the incredible will be much cheaper subsidized on a family plan. played with the eris today at the store and i kinda like sense ui. i was surprised how snappy that phone was, can't wait to get my mitts on an incredible
I was looking at same issue; the reality is, once you have the phone in hand, you can change what phone is assinged to which number on verizon's website quite easily - using EIN. I had same dilemma. To pre-order and go through that hassle or just wait 10 days. I'm waiting 10 days
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
the connector is microusb much more prevalent than the minusb htc has used in the past
your right. it just looks slighty different than a normal micro usb, i guess kinda like they did with the mini usb tp and tp2 connectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedPants View Post
I was looking at same issue; the reality is, once you have the phone in hand, you can change what phone is assinged to which number on verizon's website quite easily - using EIN. I had same dilemma. To pre-order and go through that hassle or just wait 10 days. I'm waiting 10 days
yeah, they said if i pre order it has to be activated on the other line, then deactivated then switched to my line. not a huge deal but i'd rather not interupt the other line. just gonna wait the 10 days too. now after reading that engadget review i hope to god i get it day one. a rep i spoke to said you can call in first thing and have em set one aside. gonna have to do that cause i'll be at work until 4pm. thats gonna be the longest thursday ever....
Old 04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2
Carrier: Verizon

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNb7s_WsHvc

15 min walk thru
Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

MrGoodCat....you got it easy...I have to wait three months, ten days would be nothing to me LOL!!!!!

In saying that, I may break down before then and miss out on saving the $50 difference the new every 2 would save me!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
MrGoodCat....you got it easy...I have to wait three months, ten days would be nothing to me LOL!!!!!

In saying that, I may break down before then and miss out on saving the $50 difference the new every 2 would save me!!!!
haha yeah i know. its just i sold my tp2 over two months ago in anticipation for the nexus one coming to vzw, haha so many rumors, what a let down. so i have been stuck on a pos flip backup phone since then. everyday i find a reason for needing a smartphone, haha. so in theory i have been waiting for many months as well, hahah. look at me trying to justify this, haha.

have you checked to see if you can order it online and receive the early discount? i thought i read of other people pre ordering it and getting the ne2 early. worth a shot.

on another note, i pre ordered mine just a little while ago at best buy. turns out they are capable of doing the alternate upgrade for those on a family plan. another plus is not having to deal with the mail in rebate if i were to buy it in-store. anywho, waiting very impatiently!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
have you checked to see if you can order it online and receive the early discount? i thought i read of other people pre ordering it and getting the ne2 early. worth a shot.
I tried online and the pricing is $199 which is only $50 more than after the new every 2, but it is no different than if I use normal means of upgrading. I have heard the early upgrade rumors as well.

Quote:
on another note, i pre ordered mine just a little while ago at best buy. turns out they are capable of doing the alternate upgrade for those on a family plan. another plus is not having to deal with the mail in rebate if i were to buy it in-store. anywho, waiting very impatiently!

What is the 'alternate upgrade' and how does that work for the new every 2 pricing? I have no problems going to a Best Buy to upgrade when it comes out.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
What is the 'alternate upgrade' and how does that work for the new every 2 pricing? I have no problems going to a Best Buy to upgrade when it comes out.
well i am on a family plan with multiple lines. i wasted my upgraded last spetember when i got my tp2. so i am able to use another lines upgrade to get the incredible at the 2 year price (alternate upgrade). however i do not get the ne2 discount as that is only for the main line, which went toward the tp2. also i believe best buy can not honor the ne2 discount. someone mentioned that in one of these threads.

if you are on a family plan as well, i think if you don't use the ne2 discount another line can. pretty sure about, so that is always an option if you don't want to wait and don't want to waste your ne2
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible