PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

fbeck01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: Looking for stable Touch Diamond ROM and good battery utilization

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped in this post it was very helpful! I'm using now what appears to be a very stable and FAST ROM, also doesn't seem to freeze up when messaging of any kind. I tried almost every ROM that is available in the past week, I tried every ROM suggested in this post and I think the most stable ROM (for a Sprint HTC Diamond Touch) by far is the TruXt WWE build date 0/6/01/09. I am still looking for a few .cab files but so far this looks solid. Would love to still find a good VNC .cab file and the cab file that allows you to send audio wav files etc. not the MMS picture mail I have that one. Again thanks everyone!!!

As for feed back on the other ROMs, what I found was that many of the ROMs had bugs in messaging such as hitting send and it goes into the draft folder, freeze ups primarily when messagin and lastly and maybe the worst is many of them did not correctly close apps leaving them open.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

stJamesG is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to stJamesG Send a message via Yahoo to stJamesG
Re: Looking for stable Touch Diamond ROM and good battery utilization

I've tried about a dozen ROMs over the last 6 months. I like WM6.5 and I'm happiest with EnergyRom4. It seems to lock-up only at the end of an occasional phone call (after they've hung up on me), and this seems to become less common the longer I've been using the ROM (since I hard reset it last). Its has more apps than I need. The battery life is ok (usually between 57 and 135mA draw). I still need to recharge it every night.

Prost.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeck01 View Post
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped in this post it was very helpful! I'm using now what appears to be a very stable and FAST ROM, also doesn't seem to freeze up when messaging of any kind. I tried almost every ROM that is available in the past week, I tried every ROM suggested in this post and I think the most stable ROM (for a Sprint HTC Diamond Touch) by far is the TruXt WWE build date 0/6/01/09.
I knew you'd like it ... but don't get too settled, because OMJ is back in the kitchen.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Blade107 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeck01 View Post
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped in this post it was very helpful! I'm using now what appears to be a very stable and FAST ROM, also doesn't seem to freeze up when messaging of any kind. I tried almost every ROM that is available in the past week, I tried every ROM suggested in this post and I think the most stable ROM (for a Sprint HTC Diamond Touch) by far is the TruXt WWE build date 0/6/01/09. I am still looking for a few .cab files but so far this looks solid. Would love to still find a good VNC .cab file and the cab file that allows you to send audio wav files etc. not the MMS picture mail I have that one. Again thanks everyone!!!

As for feed back on the other ROMs, what I found was that many of the ROMs had bugs in messaging such as hitting send and it goes into the draft folder, freeze ups primarily when messagin and lastly and maybe the worst is many of them did not correctly close apps leaving them open.
Could you tell me where to find a D/L link for the ROM you've mentioned?

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond