PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 03:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

fbeck01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for stable Touch Diamond ROM and good battery utilization

Hi,

I have tried to search for stable rom's but can't find one. I've tried the Juicy7 & 8, both freeze up periodically. I've tried the Mighty 4, & 6, both have issues as well - can't seem to find a good keyboard. I've tried Premier, also freezes and very poor touch keyboard. I tried to download the JonRom but all the links take you to a site with no real download url, even signed up for the web site. I've also tried several others but just can't seem to find one stable that doesn't freeze up. If I can find one that is stable and good utilization of batter that would be great. Also, looking for Touch Diamond keyboard .cab files. I'm looking for a full keyboard layout but has somewhat larger buttons. I have .cabs for almost everything else so I can build up my phone how I like it.. just seems like they all freeze up.

please help! I'm hating my touch diamond about now because I can't seem to find a good rom but one that is over a year old.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

agentmikeyd is a n00b
Re: Looking for stable Touch Diamond ROM and good battery utilization

+1 ........
Old 10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fbeck01 is a n00b

what is +1..... ?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

I cooked up my own rom in calkulin's kitchen. Its 21055(6.1) with htc dialer, an old manila 1.3 and very few added apps.

I seems to be very stable...its not fancy or awesome but it works great. The only 6.5 rom I tried that was stable was Indagroove latest 6.5(21864). That rom is great and I love the theme but it has no manila in that version...not a big fan of plain 6.5.

Last edited by KingArthur; 10-21-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok first: +1 means that they agree and are looking for the same thing...

As for a stable Rom that doesnt freeze... Good luck man. lol. No matter how stable the rom may be, ANY PPC phone is gonna freeze from time to time. The processors are just not big enough to handle all the stuff we want them to do. If you want to avoid freeze-ups and crashes as much as possible then the best bet is gonna be using a very basic no frills 6.1 rom. But in my opinion thats not really the point of flashing.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fbeck01 is a n00b

Ahh.. I see sorry for my ignorance I've been a fan of this site for a few years and never knew that!. Anyhow.. I have had one Rom that did the trick but was just looking for something new. I actually never froze, ever and I used it for about 6 months. I want to say it was an early version of Mighty. The might rom I had was so stable, never locked up but I lost it. All I really care about is for VPN to work, Internet Sharing, RDP app/VNC and text, picture, mail that is about it. I don't need a bunch of fancy apps just business tools to do anything remotely. if anyone finds one let me know. I'm using SSK 3.0 and so far so good, just connected via VPN to my office PC using my data connection. only time will tell with the lock ups.. Anyone have the VNC .cab file?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

You could give mine a go. Titanium only, but it runs as stable as can b expected. I'm not seeing any lag. Medium Hill Rom

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Mine's probably the most stable release atm.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G

jeiyuu is keeping up the good workjeiyuu is keeping up the good work

fbeck01,

i had the same dilema months ago.. i flashed the stock rom and just threw diamondtweak and cleanram on top (best battery life ever).

right now i am using calkulin 21055 v4. very good rom, no freezes for about 2 months.. battery does not last as long as the stock rom.

If I helped you in any way, be sure to say
Old 10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Too bad theres not a stability testing program like a stress test for PC's. That would be pretty cool to see how all the Rom's stack up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond