PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: loved my diamond until now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Screwing their customers by not allowing them to transfer their super-promotional-never-should-have-really-had-it-anyway plan to every new phone they ever come out with?

Sprint's regular plans are great deals. Best in the industry.

They are screwing no one.
Sure they are ... it's called "bait and switch". SERO was used to pick up thousands of customers, and trust me, they did not mention in their advertising that in the future, they would be treated like second class citizens. I agree that Sprint is an industry leader with regard to their rate structure, but it's still a mistake to piss off fee paying customers just because the company can't get a handle on a solid business model.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Screwing their customers by not allowing them to transfer their super-promotional-never-should-have-really-had-it-anyway plan to every new phone they ever come out with?

Sprint's regular plans are great deals. Best in the industry.

They are screwing no one.
I don't know about the "...never-should-have-had-it-anyway" part, but I agree that their deals are the best in the industry.

@Biker, what plan do you have for that they won't let you switch to the Hero? it is my understanding that you do not need an SE plan, but rather a ED plan which is what I have on my Pre and they said I could use it with a Hero if I wanted. My wife and I pay $137/month after taxes and fees including our insurance payments.

As far as the Hero goes, it just didn't do it for me after 15 minutes in the store, perhaps I need to spend more time with one. I have 3 phones running 3 OS' and admittedly I seem to use my Diamond the most. While WM may be archaic in comparison to iPhone OS, WebOS, and Android OS, to me it feels more complete and lets me do everything that I want.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Sure they are ... it's called "bait and switch". SERO was used to pick up thousands of customers, and trust me, they did not mention in their advertising that in the future, they would be treated like second class citizens. I agree that Sprint is an industry leader with regard to their rate structure, but it's still a mistake to piss off fee paying customers just because the company can't get a handle on a solid business model.
Treated like second class citizens? Are you serious? There's no bait and switch.

You should be grateful they let you extend that deal at all past the contract expiration date.

You got a free ride and you're complaining now that it's stopping. Be grateful for what you already got man.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Treated like second class citizens? Are you serious? There's no bait and switch.

You should be grateful they let you extend that deal at all past the contract expiration date.

You got a free ride and you're complaining now that it's stopping. Be grateful for what you already got man.

I smell a little Sero envy ...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

El Mono is just getting started

I love my Diamond. What's not to love: small size, 2.8 inch vga display... I've got some great/usefull programs on it like dictionaries, drug databases and gps to name a few. But wm6.1 isn't particularly finger friendly (stating the obvious I know).
I decided to give the Hero a try - just out of curiousity - and I must say that I am crazy about it. I was worried that the 3.2 inch hvga display would make the device too large, but it isn't bad at all. And I love the whole Sense UI. Even with data apparently almost always on I get decent battery life.
I do feel I have more control over my device with wm though - which I kind of miss. That HD2 looks awfully tempting, large screen and all.
El Mono
Old 10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mono View Post
I love my Diamond. What's not to love: small size, 2.8 inch vga display... I've got some great/usefull programs on it like dictionaries, drug databases and gps to name a few. But wm6.1 isn't particularly finger friendly (stating the obvious I know).
I decided to give the Hero a try - just out of curiousity - and I must say that I am crazy about it. I was worried that the 3.2 inch hvga display would make the device too large, but it isn't bad at all. And I love the whole Sense UI. Even with data apparently almost always on I get decent battery life.
I do feel I have more control over my device with wm though - which I kind of miss. That HD2 looks awfully tempting, large screen and all.
El Mono
I understand your dilemma, that's why I thought the Hero would be good for the wife. But, we're not giving up SERO, despite the post about how we should feel fortunate that Sprint gave us a plan that we shouldn't have ever had. Many people are reporting glowing reviews, but there's something about winmo. By the way, I think the display on our Diamonds is 2.2 inches.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

http://www.htc.com/www/product.aspx?id=46286 <-2.8.

I like WM and if you're on 6.1 and not liking the finger friendlyness get 6.5 or 6.5.1. You won't wanna go back!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

the video quality is day and night compared to the diamond.. im digging android, and i think the phone looks better then the diamond2 images that are out.. but from the reviews ive read regarding the phone ppl think its ugly, i think its awesome looking

Old 10-20-2009, 02:23 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Hello guys, nice to see thread active ^^ btw at wmdunn, I agree with you on the whole SERO bait talk... btw yeah wm 6.5 is truly amazing <3 wish we diamond users could get a official released one. I've decided to wait for the next top WM phone.

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 10-20-2009 at 02:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Well it's not just SERO plans. I have a 1000 min Free and Clear family plan and they will not let me get a hero either. I pay 50 for the plan and 15 for Unlimited vision. What is the problem with my plan? I would have to double the cost of my plan every month just to get the phone. That is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to change plans.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond