PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: best mp3 player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
Either of you having the same problem with how long it takes to initially load pocket player? A couple things I would like to see are better organization of shoutcast stations. There is a huge list of genres, and most son't even have stations in those genres. Also, it would be cool if they compiled a database of FM streaming stations.
Initial load time is a little slow (it is considerably shorter after you register.)

Don't listen to shoutcast so haven't noticed that but try shooting them an email. (They have been really responsive to a couple of questions I have had in the past.)

As far as FM streaming station, I know that is something they were looking into. For now you can find a list of streaming stations at:
http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/

If you play with the registry in the right places you can get the links to open up pocket player. Then just add your favorites stations as favorites.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the info. I do use the stream center, but it would be cool to have those integrated into the player (like kinoma). I'll have to keep an eye on future web content updates to see if they add that.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
I too have found Conduits Pocket Player to be the best all around player.
I use Pocket Player because it has bookmarking features and I'm a big fan of audio books. I'm able to listen to and bookmark the huge 1-file downloads from Net Library. Haven't found any other music programs that allow this.

It does take a long time for all the audio files to load, but I'm pretty sure you can select an option that will keep it from re-searching for all audio files every time you open it.

Also, Conduit has been working very hard at trying to gain access to the AVRCP controls - apparently, HTC locks them down to its player or WM Player. I don't understand it all technically, but it the Conduit forum you can read about it. With their most recent release, I am able to pause and restart music on my bluetooth while listening to Pocket Player, but I'm not sure about other functions.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm now officially in LOVE with shoutcasts. I listen mainly to all sorts of electronic music and obscure experimental music genres and I've found a LOT of my favorite streaming radio stations on there and the sound quality is really good. There's also a crazy number of stations I hadn't heard about but the main ones that I already knew about wich are pretty well known have very good sound quality. I was streaming various stations all day today through my phone's speaker (wall charger connected) in my office. Never skipped a beat!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreading View Post
It does take a long time for all the audio files to load, but I'm pretty sure you can select an option that will keep it from re-searching for all audio files every time you open it.
That's not my problem with it. I'm just talking about the initial load time to get into the program.

I do have the auto-scan disabled so that it doesn't scan every time (it doesn't take long anyway). Also, it is nice that you can specify which folders you want it to search that way it doesn't look at your whole file structure.

Shoutcast radio is awesome. I just need to spend some time making a playlist of my favorite stations. Who needs xm, when you can get internet radio for free...
Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond

SoupNazi is a n00b

Thanks for the tip on GSplayer. I tested it with my bluetooth headset and was not able to change tracks, but everything else worked. Dream Theater's Images and Words is a great CD to test with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
GSPlayer

Screenshot

Features
- MP3 playback using the MAD 0.15.1b
- Ogg Vorbis playback
- Wave format playback
- HTTP streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)
- SHOUTcast streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)
- ID3 v1/v1.1 support
- PLS/M3U playlist support
- 10 bands equalizer (MP3 playback only)
- Surround / Bassboost effects
- Reverb / Echo effects
- Skin support
- Hardware button mapping
- Noiseless playback (See decoder tab in options dialog)
- Sleep Timer
- Hold (Lock hardware buttons)

- PocketPC / SmartPhone (WM5/WM6) support
Downloads
Download (V2.29 Windows Mobile 5/6 PocketPC English version)
Download (V2.29 Windows Mobile 5/6 SmartPhone English version)
Download (V2.25 Windows Mobile 2003 PocketPC English version)
Sourcecode (V2.29)
Plug-ins
MIDI Plug-in
AAC(M4A/MP4) Plug-in
Windows Media Audio(WMA) Plug-in

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond