PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
I have the HTC Fuze which is a variant of the HTC Diamond. I do not have the pollinterval registry setting however i did use the CAB file to insert it, maybe it will override my current settings.

Do you mean in the phone settings? My activesync doesnt have a schedule option.
you should be able to go on your phone, select active sync, then go to schedule. Active Sync icon should be listed in your program menu. Hope this helps.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So i tried another day with really light usage, using diamond tweaks and very little talk time, about 40 minutes total, and a bit of web browsing, and the battery lasted 12 hours. The usage was no where near what i expect to use my mobile phone to do.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
So i tried another day with really light usage, using diamond tweaks and very little talk time, about 40 minutes total, and a bit of web browsing, and the battery lasted 12 hours. The usage was no where near what i expect to use my mobile phone to do.
yes. its definitely not going to compare to a mobile phone. Smartphones always have less than ideal battery life. especially ones with the type of performance the Diamond has. Hopefully there will be some good battery options coming down the pike soon that are tested and real. Plus, HTC has to know about the poor battery and will probably put out some sort of release to help. of course our chefs do a great job as well with the cooked roms on this site (although the ones on PPCGeeks are CMDA). have you tried flashing a new rom for your Fuze? You should check out xda-developers to see what info they have up. I would bet there will be a ton of gsm roms up that are compatible and will provide enhanced battery life.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I learned the lesson about smartphones the hard way. I went from a LG flip phone which would last a week on a single charge, to a sidekick LX which would do 14 hours, and i wanted to improve my battery life so i shelled out all this money for this phone expecting better results, but guess i was wrong. This phone is WAY better than any phone i ever had when it comes to features though.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

acteon is a n00b

I can with no problem make it through the day with my Touch Pro from Sprint. Heres what I did:
*Set backlight settings to manual and have it at the second from the left mark, basically one away from the lowest. (The phone will not be visable in sun light so make sure to turn it on automatic adjustment of back light before you walk outside but for me working in a building all day its an acceptable trade-off). Indoors the backlight is more than adequte.
* Turn off location settings, to be honest it wastes alot of battery and I have noticed an improvement when I turned it off. Go to phone ==> menu ==> options ==> services ==> location settings and turn it to off. Location services will still be available to 911 services as stated but will not be turned on for any other reason. If you rarely use GPS services this is a good thing to do, and even if you do not it is really not difficult to turn back on. (Just a note, if you have it set to automatically download GPS data it will not download unless you reenable location services and will show you an error).
* I rarely will ever turn on wifi and while I have 7 email accounts syncing to the phone only my work's exchange server is constantly connected and gmail is set to every hour, my other five are either set to every four hours or once a day.

With all of these settings my phone will easily last through the day and I normally unplug at 7:30am and with random moderate usage throughout the day by 12am I still have some battery life (depending on the day it is normally between 20%-5%). If i make a long phone call my battery will usually be dead by that time.

I hope this helps. BTW at first with the screen dim it might be annoying, especially considering how vivid it is with the brightness turned so high, but honestly after a day it really is no longer noticable unless you were to compare.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok i did all the things you said besides location settings since my phone doesnt have that for some reason.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze

wrjp is a n00b

xgm541,

Yu must have an ATT Fuze....I have the same characteristics on my Fuze that you describe..... What cab did you use to insert the "pollinterval" registry setting?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
This question has been asked many many many times!

Welcome to PPCGeeks!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze

wrjp is a n00b

I have seen the fix...however I do not have the Pollinterval registry entry on my phone .... in one of the previous posts by xgm541, there is a comment about installing a cab that provided the registry entry...I am looking for that cab and asked where xgm541 had found it .....
Old 12-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

The Fuze is a variant of the Touch Pro, not the Touch Diamond.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond