PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

kennya is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Diamond - Cool things you might not know about

So after reading this forum for a few days, I've read that the Diamond can do some pretty cool things that I didn't even know about. I'll list them here:

- During an incoming call, flip the phone so the screen faces the table, and it will ignore/silence the call
- The center button can be used as a scroll ...zoom in and out in Opera and files
- Voice Command can not only control who to call, but you can say things like "Play Metallica" to play an MP3 file, or "When's my text appointment?" and it'll read it to you.

Can you add to this list?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Draiko is keeping up the good workDraiko is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Diamond - Cool things you might not know about

- When viewing a picture, draw a circle around a certain part or item in the picture to center and zoom all the way into it
Old 09-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

These depend if they are enabled in your rom or not.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennya View Post
So after reading this forum for a few days, I've read that the Diamond can do some pretty cool things that I didn't even know about. I'll list them here:

- During an incoming call, flip the phone so the screen faces the table, and it will ignore/silence the call
- The center button can be used as a scroll ...zoom in and out in Opera and files
- Voice Command can not only control who to call, but you can say things like "Play Metallica" to play an MP3 file, or "When's my text appointment?" and it'll read it to you.

Can you add to this list?
Or a Voice Command more important for Diamond owners "What's my battery level"... Actually, just saying "Help" works as well, or go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...e-command.mspx

Clint
Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Seph is a n00b

My lord. I never knew of such things. I have fallen in love with my phone once more. It almost makes the blindingly atrocious battery life worth it.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Click on the home button and it only goes back one page. Click to the left of it and it actually brings you to the home page.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was going to start a "tips, tricks, and how to" thread, but saw this one. Here are some questions about the Diamond that I'd like answers to:

1) How does one delete/remove the icons on the bottom? I want to remove Sprint Music, Photos & Videos, etc.

2) How does one modify the items shown on the home screen, currently Call History and Calendar. I would like to add/remove my choices.

3) Under Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications, Event "Messaging: New text message". The option to "Flash light for..." is grayed out, and stuck at 5 minutes. The Touch allowed one to change. How now?

4) S2U2 does support VGA. Has anyone loaded it on the Diamond?

5) Does TF3D not support the typical WM home plug in items at all? It would be nice to be able to flick to a screen that will allow me to run some of my favorite plug ins.

6) It would be nice to have the GSM Diamond clock...

That's what I have for now. I realize some of these might require XML edits or hacks, but would love to know how to do some of these things...

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

1 & 2, use TF3D Config (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749). Use the tweaks.xml I've posted in that thread and in here for the CDMA phones.

6 - Check out the forum for that tool. There's lots of clocks and themes.

Clint
Old 09-18-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bastimret is a n00b

How do you manage the albums in the pictures and video section?

For some reason I've got three albums all named My Pictures, (two of them have the same set of pics, and the third one is completely empty), one that's called My Videos (has all the vids in it), and another that's called Camera Shots (has all the pics and vids in it). I can't seem to figure out how the phone is populating the albums (aside from the video album) nor can I figure out how to rename and/or delete the albums, or reorganize the pics within them.

The only properties I can seem to bring up are related to the individual files, not the albums. Didn't find much help in the manual or the help files on the phone. Am I just missing something?

Last edited by bastimret; 09-18-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TONEEDO is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
I was going to start a "tips, tricks, and how to" thread, but saw this one. Here are some questions about the Diamond that I'd like answers to:

1) How does one delete/remove the icons on the bottom? I want to remove Sprint Music, Photos & Videos, etc.

2) How does one modify the items shown on the home screen, currently Call History and Calendar. I would like to add/remove my choices.

3) Under Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications, Event "Messaging: New text message". The option to "Flash light for..." is grayed out, and stuck at 5 minutes. The Touch allowed one to change. How now?

4) S2U2 does support VGA. Has anyone loaded it on the Diamond?

5) Does TF3D not support the typical WM home plug in items at all? It would be nice to be able to flick to a screen that will allow me to run some of my favorite plug ins.

6) It would be nice to have the GSM Diamond clock...

That's what I have for now. I realize some of these might require XML edits or hacks, but would love to know how to do some of these things...

Thanks.
#3 Try going into Power settings, backlight, untick where it says "auto adjust backlight" and try again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond