PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Touch Diamond - Cool things you might not know about (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37662)

kennya 09-17-2008 07:37 PM

Touch Diamond - Cool things you might not know about

So after reading this forum for a few days, I've read that the Diamond can do some pretty cool things that I didn't even know about. I'll list them here:

- During an incoming call, flip the phone so the screen faces the table, and it will ignore/silence the call
- The center button can be used as a scroll ...zoom in and out in Opera and files
- Voice Command can not only control who to call, but you can say things like "Play Metallica" to play an MP3 file, or "When's my text appointment?" and it'll read it to you.

Can you add to this list?

Draiko 09-17-2008 07:45 PM

Re: Touch Diamond - Cool things you might not know about

- When viewing a picture, draw a circle around a certain part or item in the picture to center and zoom all the way into it

tobeychris 09-17-2008 07:47 PM

These depend if they are enabled in your rom or not.

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennya (Post 420862)
So after reading this forum for a few days, I've read that the Diamond can do some pretty cool things that I didn't even know about. I'll list them here:

- During an incoming call, flip the phone so the screen faces the table, and it will ignore/silence the call
- The center button can be used as a scroll ...zoom in and out in Opera and files
- Voice Command can not only control who to call, but you can say things like "Play Metallica" to play an MP3 file, or "When's my text appointment?" and it'll read it to you.

Can you add to this list?

Or a Voice Command more important for Diamond owners "What's my battery level"... :) Actually, just saying "Help" works as well, or go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...e-command.mspx

Clint

Seph 09-17-2008 09:23 PM

My lord. I never knew of such things. I have fallen in love with my phone once more. It almost makes the blindingly atrocious battery life worth it.

eman 09-17-2008 10:15 PM

Click on the home button and it only goes back one page. Click to the left of it and it actually brings you to the home page.

snovvman 09-17-2008 11:23 PM

I was going to start a "tips, tricks, and how to" thread, but saw this one. Here are some questions about the Diamond that I'd like answers to:

1) How does one delete/remove the icons on the bottom? I want to remove Sprint Music, Photos & Videos, etc.

2) How does one modify the items shown on the home screen, currently Call History and Calendar. I would like to add/remove my choices.

3) Under Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications, Event "Messaging: New text message". The option to "Flash light for..." is grayed out, and stuck at 5 minutes. The Touch allowed one to change. How now?

4) S2U2 does support VGA. Has anyone loaded it on the Diamond?

5) Does TF3D not support the typical WM home plug in items at all? It would be nice to be able to flick to a screen that will allow me to run some of my favorite plug ins.

6) It would be nice to have the GSM Diamond clock...

That's what I have for now. I realize some of these might require XML edits or hacks, but would love to know how to do some of these things...

Thanks.

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 11:27 PM

1 & 2, use TF3D Config (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749). Use the tweaks.xml I've posted in that thread and in here for the CDMA phones.

6 - Check out the forum for that tool. There's lots of clocks and themes.

Clint

bastimret 09-18-2008 02:07 AM

How do you manage the albums in the pictures and video section?

For some reason I've got three albums all named My Pictures, (two of them have the same set of pics, and the third one is completely empty), one that's called My Videos (has all the vids in it), and another that's called Camera Shots (has all the pics and vids in it). I can't seem to figure out how the phone is populating the albums (aside from the video album) nor can I figure out how to rename and/or delete the albums, or reorganize the pics within them.

The only properties I can seem to bring up are related to the individual files, not the albums. Didn't find much help in the manual or the help files on the phone. Am I just missing something?

TONEEDO 09-18-2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snovvman (Post 421239)
I was going to start a "tips, tricks, and how to" thread, but saw this one. Here are some questions about the Diamond that I'd like answers to:

1) How does one delete/remove the icons on the bottom? I want to remove Sprint Music, Photos & Videos, etc.

2) How does one modify the items shown on the home screen, currently Call History and Calendar. I would like to add/remove my choices.

3) Under Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications, Event "Messaging: New text message". The option to "Flash light for..." is grayed out, and stuck at 5 minutes. The Touch allowed one to change. How now?

4) S2U2 does support VGA. Has anyone loaded it on the Diamond?

5) Does TF3D not support the typical WM home plug in items at all? It would be nice to be able to flick to a screen that will allow me to run some of my favorite plug ins.

6) It would be nice to have the GSM Diamond clock...

That's what I have for now. I realize some of these might require XML edits or hacks, but would love to know how to do some of these things...

Thanks.

#3 Try going into Power settings, backlight, untick where it says "auto adjust backlight" and try again.