PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Touch Diamond - Cool things you might not know about (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37662)

kennya 09-17-2008 07:37 PM

Touch Diamond - Cool things you might not know about

So after reading this forum for a few days, I've read that the Diamond can do some pretty cool things that I didn't even know about. I'll list them here:

- During an incoming call, flip the phone so the screen faces the table, and it will ignore/silence the call
- The center button can be used as a scroll ...zoom in and out in Opera and files
- Voice Command can not only control who to call, but you can say things like "Play Metallica" to play an MP3 file, or "When's my text appointment?" and it'll read it to you.

Can you add to this list?

Draiko 09-17-2008 07:45 PM

Re: Touch Diamond - Cool things you might not know about

- When viewing a picture, draw a circle around a certain part or item in the picture to center and zoom all the way into it

tobeychris 09-17-2008 07:47 PM

These depend if they are enabled in your rom or not.

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennya (Post 420862)
So after reading this forum for a few days, I've read that the Diamond can do some pretty cool things that I didn't even know about. I'll list them here:

- During an incoming call, flip the phone so the screen faces the table, and it will ignore/silence the call
- The center button can be used as a scroll ...zoom in and out in Opera and files
- Voice Command can not only control who to call, but you can say things like "Play Metallica" to play an MP3 file, or "When's my text appointment?" and it'll read it to you.

Can you add to this list?

Or a Voice Command more important for Diamond owners "What's my battery level"... :) Actually, just saying "Help" works as well, or go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...e-command.mspx

Clint

Seph 09-17-2008 09:23 PM

My lord. I never knew of such things. I have fallen in love with my phone once more. It almost makes the blindingly atrocious battery life worth it.

eman 09-17-2008 10:15 PM

Click on the home button and it only goes back one page. Click to the left of it and it actually brings you to the home page.

snovvman 09-17-2008 11:23 PM

I was going to start a "tips, tricks, and how to" thread, but saw this one. Here are some questions about the Diamond that I'd like answers to:

1) How does one delete/remove the icons on the bottom? I want to remove Sprint Music, Photos & Videos, etc.

2) How does one modify the items shown on the home screen, currently Call History and Calendar. I would like to add/remove my choices.

3) Under Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications, Event "Messaging: New text message". The option to "Flash light for..." is grayed out, and stuck at 5 minutes. The Touch allowed one to change. How now?

4) S2U2 does support VGA. Has anyone loaded it on the Diamond?

5) Does TF3D not support the typical WM home plug in items at all? It would be nice to be able to flick to a screen that will allow me to run some of my favorite plug ins.

6) It would be nice to have the GSM Diamond clock...

That's what I have for now. I realize some of these might require XML edits or hacks, but would love to know how to do some of these things...

Thanks.

CNeufeld 09-17-2008 11:27 PM

1 & 2, use TF3D Config (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749). Use the tweaks.xml I've posted in that thread and in here for the CDMA phones.

6 - Check out the forum for that tool. There's lots of clocks and themes.

Clint

bastimret 09-18-2008 02:07 AM

How do you manage the albums in the pictures and video section?

For some reason I've got three albums all named My Pictures, (two of them have the same set of pics, and the third one is completely empty), one that's called My Videos (has all the vids in it), and another that's called Camera Shots (has all the pics and vids in it). I can't seem to figure out how the phone is populating the albums (aside from the video album) nor can I figure out how to rename and/or delete the albums, or reorganize the pics within them.

The only properties I can seem to bring up are related to the individual files, not the albums. Didn't find much help in the manual or the help files on the phone. Am I just missing something?

TONEEDO 09-18-2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snovvman (Post 421239)
I was going to start a "tips, tricks, and how to" thread, but saw this one. Here are some questions about the Diamond that I'd like answers to:

1) How does one delete/remove the icons on the bottom? I want to remove Sprint Music, Photos & Videos, etc.

2) How does one modify the items shown on the home screen, currently Call History and Calendar. I would like to add/remove my choices.

3) Under Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications, Event "Messaging: New text message". The option to "Flash light for..." is grayed out, and stuck at 5 minutes. The Touch allowed one to change. How now?

4) S2U2 does support VGA. Has anyone loaded it on the Diamond?

5) Does TF3D not support the typical WM home plug in items at all? It would be nice to be able to flick to a screen that will allow me to run some of my favorite plug ins.

6) It would be nice to have the GSM Diamond clock...

That's what I have for now. I realize some of these might require XML edits or hacks, but would love to know how to do some of these things...

Thanks.

#3 Try going into Power settings, backlight, untick where it says "auto adjust backlight" and try again.

snovvman 09-18-2008 09:51 AM

@CNeufeld (Clint), the apps looks really good. I will try changing theme too. I did discover the extra step CDMA users have to do with the tweaks.xml file.

@TONEEDO, I tried your instruction, rebooted the device, and the options of "Flash light for..." is still grayed out. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

eman 09-18-2008 11:12 AM

Does anyone know how to just change the background wallpaper without adding any additional software?

Lokks 09-18-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 421756)
Does anyone know how to just change the background wallpaper without adding any additional software?

Did you try the wallpaper tab in settings?

eman 09-18-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lokks (Post 421777)
Did you try the wallpaper tab in settings?

I tried it from settings, today. Does not change the wallpaper in the plugin.

Success100 09-19-2008 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
anyone find a version of s2u2 that will work in VGA like he said above? im kinda reluctant to try it and possible hose my new baby

**edit**

k i found the most recent version that has a vga .cab but since A_C has stopped development im not sure if it can be posted. MODS, if this needs to be taken down PLEASE DELETE IT BY ALL MEANS!!

darren.wlsn1 09-19-2008 08:54 AM

im using older version of s2u2 and just put my own wallpaper on with s2v to fit screen. only diff. is slide to open is shorter but works fine for 2 days, no bugs.

darren.wlsn1 09-19-2008 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 423302)
anyone find a version of s2u2 that will work in VGA like he said above? im kinda reluctant to try it and possible hose my new baby

**edit**

k i found the most recent version that has a vga .cab but since A_C has stopped development im not sure if it can be posted. MODS, if this needs to be taken down PLEASE DELETE IT BY ALL MEANS!!

success, that version works perfect. best if you use it with s2v for easy wallpaper inst. thanx for the post.

Raheinm 09-19-2008 12:10 PM

i thought this phone had the vibrating feed back when you touch the screen or button... am i over looking the option some where?

Success100 09-19-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 423324)
success, that version works perfect. best if you use it with s2v for easy wallpaper inst. thanx for the post.

no prob. it works great. i gotta get s2v again

rainfreak 09-19-2008 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 423625)
i gotta get s2v again

The latest VGA version is attached...

Success100 09-19-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 423636)
The latest VGA version is attached...

i was just about to post this thanks

rainfreak 09-19-2008 12:36 PM

No prob, you know I got your back ;)

mbellis 09-19-2008 01:44 PM

in regards to S2U2 I am using the 1.22 vga version, have you guys noticed on your devices that the home key isn't locked?? meaning pressing the home key brings you to the touchflo screen without having to actually slide to unlock?? anyone know of a fix for this, i believe the custom roms available for the telus version fix this but i'm waiting for someone to unlock the extended rom so that we can get the sprint nav cab file before i load the Juicy Rom 2.0... thanks in advance!

ikarma 09-19-2008 02:19 PM

so how do you scroll with the zoom wheel?

rainfreak 09-19-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbellis (Post 423732)
in regards to S2U2 I am using the 1.22 vga version, have you guys noticed on your devices that the home key isn't locked?? meaning pressing the home key brings you to the touchflo screen without having to actually slide to unlock?? anyone know of a fix for this, i believe the custom roms available for the telus version fix this but i'm waiting for someone to unlock the extended rom so that we can get the sprint nav cab file before i load the Juicy Rom 2.0... thanks in advance!

I didn't notice it until you said something, thanks a lot ;)

But yes, I can confirm that the Home key does de-activate S2U2.

al3azim 09-19-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raheinm (Post 423594)
i thought this phone had the vibrating feed back when you touch the screen or button... am i over looking the option some where?

I did too, at least I read that somewhere but not sure where to activate that (if available)

darren.wlsn1 09-19-2008 06:24 PM

goto your programs theres help icon and a user manual icon there, it may be in there. my instinct had it,its called heptic feedback or something like that. it also(diamond) has a vibration when call is conected thats nice. found that in settings. also like how after call that isnt in contacts,after call asks if you want to save.

jason25 09-19-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 424182)
... also like how after call that isnt in contacts,after call asks if you want to save.

that option has been in every WM device I have had.

Raheinm 09-20-2008 09:24 AM

i cant seem to find out how to turn off the text sent message.. i know after the touch and mogul got the 6.1 update it never popped up again and i cant find the option on the diamond

tmz 09-20-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raheinm (Post 424853)
i cant seem to find out how to turn off the text sent message.. i know after the touch and mogul got the 6.1 update it never popped up again and i cant find the option on the diamond

This works, T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37899#2

cd4537 09-21-2008 11:24 AM

Remove the stylus from the diamond and it wakes up!

hibby50 09-21-2008 11:29 AM

that silence call feature could not sound any cooler... sounds like it could be problematic in your pocket though...

eman 09-22-2008 09:03 AM

Does anyone know hot to change the fonts to another color on the TF3d home screen. If you want to use a light color wallpaper you cannot read your appointments because the font is in white. Any ideas if this can be done?

Also, when changing the wallpaper, is there any way to have it change on all the screens and not just the clock screen?

Darkness231 09-22-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snovvman (Post 421239)
Does TF3D not support the typical WM home plug in items at all? It would be nice to be able to flick to a screen that will allow me to run some of my favorite plug ins.

Use Second Today. It allows you to have two today screens. You can assign the second today to a button. I linked my second today to a finger swipe using FTouchFloSL

Loki007420 09-23-2008 09:13 AM

hey any1 get the htc preformance to work on the diamond or any other overclocking software?

Miami_Mac 09-24-2008 07:42 PM

When using a bluetooth hands free device and a mail message marked high importance is received, it announces it in the earpiece and reads the subject line.

Even did this while TomTom was running.

Thought this was cool. I never noticed this on my Touch or Mogul. Sorry if this has been covered already.

tcatnat 09-24-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miami_Mac (Post 431966)
When using a bluetooth hands free device and a mail message marked high importance is received, it announces it in the earpiece and reads the subject line.

Even did this while TomTom was running.

Thought this was cool. I never noticed this on my Touch or Mogul. Sorry if this has been covered already.

Do you have to activate that or is it out of the box? I have received emails like this but never heard anything in the earpiece r through my cars hands free.

Miami_Mac 09-24-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcatnat (Post 432099)
Do you have to activate that or is it out of the box? I have received emails like this but never heard anything in the earpiece r through my cars hands free.

I don't think I enabled anything. It sort of took me by surprise. I then tested it again by emailing myself.

I have installed agendus, since I lost the ability to use pocketbreeze due to tf3d. This is the only new app that I have tried that I did not run on my mogul or touch.

I guess I will do some more research to see if this was enabled some otherway.

JimSmith94 09-24-2008 10:18 PM

On my Mogul, MSVC has an Option setting for Messaging to announce new messages. It defaults to high priority messages only, but you can uncheck it to announce all messages. I don't see a setting for emails, but I think it has announced high priority emails for me.

elwuero 09-27-2008 12:54 AM

If you have several mail boxes you can be inside of inbox of your first account and swipe your finger from the left of screen to right and you will switch to your second inbox. This is awesome especially since I have two jobs, each with a different email address and then I have a personal email account. You dont have to go out of inbox and tap on other account.