PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: I think I found a charging bug, please try yours and report back

Im getting a charge current of between 40mA and 126mA (bounces) with the option "checked" on the wall charger @ 100% Light is pulsing. main Battery mV seems to be dropping and bouncing back up now at 100% charge, shouldn't be doing this.

Option "Unchecked" Same results as above. Light pulsates and same range of charge current.

my results are inconclusive. unless i have a battery leak some where... but it says 100% charged.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

iamjasonc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm using my old Touch charger because the USB charger that came with the phone sucks and is too short....but yeah Ive never had any problems with the "breathing" staying on forever...

I did have an issue with the phone asking me if i wanted Activesync or Disk use when plugged into the wall....which i thought was odd..
Old 09-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
I'm using my old Touch charger because the USB charger that came with the phone sucks and is too short....but yeah Ive never had any problems with the "breathing" staying on forever...

I did have an issue with the phone asking me if i wanted Activesync or Disk use when plugged into the wall....which i thought was odd..
Go to Settings/System/Power, and check the box "When device is turned on, do not charge when plugged into PC", save, then plug in the wall charger. Once fully charged at 100%, does the LED ring become solid or keep breathing? If it keeps breathing, uncheck the setting and try again. Please report.

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Im reporting that my led is now going solid at 100% with or with out that option checked. on usb or wall charger. the bug seems to have vanished.

to tell the truth i think i may have just had an unchecked message last time i tested for you.

no LED error here
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond