PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: would you recommend the diamond to a friend?
yes 74 91.36%
no 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

munsterrr is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to munsterrr
Re: Would you recommend the diamond to a friend?

HELL NO!!! NEVER.

i buy phones(especially befor they come out in stores) so that i have something that no one else has. i dont like to "ride the bandwagon"
Old 09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

If you recommended this phone to a friend, then wouldn't you be driving the bandwagon instead of riding it?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post

Juicy will have roms for all carriers soon.
I highly doubt that.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

munsterrr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to munsterrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
If you recommended this phone to a friend, then wouldn't you be driving the bandwagon instead of riding it?

wouldnt be driving anything...what would i say"i had it first" then some other kid would say it and so on...i will let everyone stick with their crackberries and iphones while im in my own little happy world.

i doo see where you are coming from. people ask how much it is and when i say $550+ they all sht their pants, even after i tell them about the rebates
Old 09-22-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
wouldnt be driving anything...what would i say"i had it first" then some other kid would say it and so on...i will let everyone stick with their crackberries and iphones while im in my own little happy world.

i doo see where you are coming from. people ask how much it is and when i say $550+ they all sht their pants, even after i tell them about the rebates
Do you not like your friends?

Friends don't let friends buy iPhones! But you do have a point. It is nice to whip out a Diamond in a room full of iPhones.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
I highly doubt that.
Care to elaborate?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

In its current state, hell no. The internet keeps dieing on me, Pictue mail still doesnt work right. The ROM is horribly slow, compared to other carriers ROMS. They decided to not include the FM radio, the battery cover color is ugly. I might recommend another carriers diamond to a friend, but not sprints. The phone dialing features are non-user friendly. It gets confused between a txt number and mobile number. No SD card expansion, and the internal memory is buggy. SOmetimes it's recognized sometimes it's not. I have full 4 bars of signal, and I'm in the sprint store, and they dial my number and it goes to voicemail. Hopefully I just have a bad device, as a new one is on it's way.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
In its current state, hell no. The internet keeps dieing on me, Pictue mail still doesnt work right. The ROM is horribly slow, compared to other carriers ROMS. They decided to not include the FM radio, the battery cover color is ugly. I might recommend another carriers diamond to a friend, but not sprints. The phone dialing features are non-user friendly. It gets confused between a txt number and mobile number. No SD card expansion, and the internal memory is buggy. SOmetimes it's recognized sometimes it's not. I have full 4 bars of signal, and I'm in the sprint store, and they dial my number and it goes to voicemail. Hopefully I just have a bad device, as a new one is on it's way.
TouchFlo3D has been nothing but smooth as silk for me. Picturemail has a fix, and its account based not device based.

Battery cover is personal taste but i dig it. I think black would be too monolithic slab-like.

Non user friendly dialing features? You can dial the letters in their name and it posts an instant search list.

If you have it hooked up to your computer as a Disk Drive, the Internal Memory becomes unaccessible to the File Explorer on the device.

Dont know what to say about calls going to voicemail but that sounds like a Sprint internal issue not routing the calls to your device properly.

The only beef i have with Sprint's phone is the pitiful amount of ROM available for programs. Right now i have 30MB left. That really is quite bad and needs to be thinned.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First day at work with it, and several "wow, can I see it?" comments from co-workers. Didn't get that reaction from Mogul, Touch or Treo 800w...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
The only beef i have with Sprint's phone is the pitiful amount of ROM available for programs. Right now i have 30MB left. That really is quite bad and needs to be thinned.
Amen - I was shocked first time I saw how low it was. The Sprint junkware has to go - at least to the internal 'card'.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond