PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Would you recommend the diamond to a friend? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38153)

codyppc 09-22-2008 10:11 AM

Would you recommend the diamond to a friend?

ok, lets say your friend was able to make some tweeks and hacks. would you recommend this device?

Take the poll.

codyppc 09-22-2008 12:31 PM

Re: Would you recommend the diamond to a friend?

wow, 2 hours and we have a 20 to 0. looks like it is a lot better device than i thought. with reading about so many problems i thought it would be a lot closer. mine will be hear today so.... i will vote soon.

thanks, Cody

hope this thread helps someone else who is on the fence between getting it or not.

syanni85 09-22-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codyppc (Post 427387)
wow, 2 hours and we have a 20 to 0. looks like it is a lot better device than i thought. with reading about so many problems i thought it would be a lot closer. mine will be hear today so.... i will vote soon.

thanks, Cody

hope this thread helps someone else who is on the fence between getting it or not.

this is only the beginning of what this diamonds 3d drivers, accelerometer, and lots of RAM can do...

I say by Q1 2009, you won't even be able to recognize anything from when it was released... In time, development will EXPLODE!

PS, I LOVE THIS PHONE! WHEN I OPENED THE BOX, I WAS IN SHOCK! THIS THING IS THE SIZE OF A BLACKBERRY PEARL!!!!!

kevank 09-22-2008 12:44 PM

I would recommend this phone to any of my friends. For day 1 use this phone has been pretty solid.

K

mtkates 09-22-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codyppc (Post 427387)

thanks, Cody

How many phones have been released that don't have people spamming the internet with all these so called problems? I can't think of one. My last phone was the Touch and I have read about a lot of problems with that device also, but I was very happy with it and it worked fine for me. The Diamond on the other hand has been a HUGE leap in my opinion over the Touch. The screen just blows me away. I have experience a few glitches here and there while making some modifications, but that is to be expected and I can live with that.

crazymike 09-22-2008 12:54 PM

i would only recommend this phone with the juicy rom on it!

syanni85 09-22-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymike (Post 427412)
i would only recommend this phone with the juicy rom on it!

for now.

Juicy will have roms for all carriers soon. Think about how many roms are out for the touch and mogul... its only a matter of time.

definitely liking juicy's work too :)

rainfreak 09-22-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkates (Post 427404)
How many phones have been released that don't have people spamming the internet with all these so called problems? I can't think of one. My last phone was the Touch and I have read about a lot of problems with that device also, but I was very happy with it and it worked fine for me. The Diamond on the other hand has been a HUGE leap in my opinion over the Touch. The screen just blows me away. I have experience a few glitches here and there while making some modifications, but that is to be expected and I can live with that.

Well put...

wenyen 09-22-2008 01:22 PM

I'm with TELUS and I'm LOVING THIS PHONE!!
Definitely recommend this phone to everyone who would want a smartphone

al3azim 09-22-2008 01:23 PM

The phone is great. Most WinMo phones have their share of issues but this one is pretty solid. Does exactly what it says it can. Now when we start modifying it and adding all types of applications, then we should expect the possibilities of problems. I had the Touch before that which was also good in my opinion. This one is ever better.