PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

View Poll Results: would you recommend the diamond to a friend?
yes 74 91.36%
no 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Would you recommend the diamond to a friend?

ok, lets say your friend was able to make some tweeks and hacks. would you recommend this device?

Take the poll.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Re: Would you recommend the diamond to a friend?

wow, 2 hours and we have a 20 to 0. looks like it is a lot better device than i thought. with reading about so many problems i thought it would be a lot closer. mine will be hear today so.... i will vote soon.

thanks, Cody

hope this thread helps someone else who is on the fence between getting it or not.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
wow, 2 hours and we have a 20 to 0. looks like it is a lot better device than i thought. with reading about so many problems i thought it would be a lot closer. mine will be hear today so.... i will vote soon.

thanks, Cody

hope this thread helps someone else who is on the fence between getting it or not.
this is only the beginning of what this diamonds 3d drivers, accelerometer, and lots of RAM can do...

I say by Q1 2009, you won't even be able to recognize anything from when it was released... In time, development will EXPLODE!

PS, I LOVE THIS PHONE! WHEN I OPENED THE BOX, I WAS IN SHOCK! THIS THING IS THE SIZE OF A BLACKBERRY PEARL!!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

I would recommend this phone to any of my friends. For day 1 use this phone has been pretty solid.

K
Old 09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

thanks, Cody

How many phones have been released that don't have people spamming the internet with all these so called problems? I can't think of one. My last phone was the Touch and I have read about a lot of problems with that device also, but I was very happy with it and it worked fine for me. The Diamond on the other hand has been a HUGE leap in my opinion over the Touch. The screen just blows me away. I have experience a few glitches here and there while making some modifications, but that is to be expected and I can live with that.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

crazymike is keeping up the good workcrazymike is keeping up the good work

i would only recommend this phone with the juicy rom on it!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymike View Post
i would only recommend this phone with the juicy rom on it!
for now.

Juicy will have roms for all carriers soon. Think about how many roms are out for the touch and mogul... its only a matter of time.

definitely liking juicy's work too
Old 09-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkates View Post
How many phones have been released that don't have people spamming the internet with all these so called problems? I can't think of one. My last phone was the Touch and I have read about a lot of problems with that device also, but I was very happy with it and it worked fine for me. The Diamond on the other hand has been a HUGE leap in my opinion over the Touch. The screen just blows me away. I have experience a few glitches here and there while making some modifications, but that is to be expected and I can live with that.
Well put...
Old 09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond TELUS

wenyen is a n00b

I'm with TELUS and I'm LOVING THIS PHONE!!
Definitely recommend this phone to everyone who would want a smartphone
Old 09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work

The phone is great. Most WinMo phones have their share of issues but this one is pretty solid. Does exactly what it says it can. Now when we start modifying it and adding all types of applications, then we should expect the possibilities of problems. I had the Touch before that which was also good in my opinion. This one is ever better.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth. So what the hell, leap! -- Peter McWilliams

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond