PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Lurker

retlem is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

This will wipe your phone completely...press ##786#. the at the bottom tap Menu, then reset...password is 838131...let me know if this works for you. This should only work for the sprint version.

if this worked for you, help me out and try one of my services here and save $ at the same time.=D>

Thanks

Last edited by retlem; 09-24-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by retlem View Post
This will wipe your phone completely...press ##786#. the at the bottom tap Menu, then reset...password is 838131...let me know if this works for you. This should only work for the sprint version.

if this worked for you, help me out and try one of my services here and save $ at the same time.=D>

Thanks
That 6 digit code/password, commonly known as the MSL, is device specific.
So your code wont work on anyone elses Diamond
Old 09-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Holy crap. I just spent 30 minutes trying to hard reset my phone.. yikes. I ended up just doing the Start, Settings, System -> Clear Storage.

But it's nice to know I'm not going crazy. I was reading the manual OVER and OVER and OVER going WTF????!!

Next time I'll try all 3 and doing a reset to see if that works.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:15 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Holy crap. I just spent 30 minutes trying to hard reset my phone.. yikes. I ended up just doing the Start, Settings, System -> Clear Storage.

But it's nice to know I'm not going crazy. I was reading the manual OVER and OVER and OVER going WTF????!!

Next time I'll try all 3 and doing a reset to see if that works.
theres also a dropdown is settings clear storage that will wipe internal storage also.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmjones is a n00b

I am seriously considering the Diamond. I don't need a keyboard but feel I do need a micro SD card for the following reason: I have my current Mogul perform a schedule backup to the 4gb sd card every day. On several occasions I have had to hard reset the Mogul but because I always have a recent backup on the SD card I am always able to quickly recover without loss of data or program settings. Would the 4gb on the diamond allow me to hard reset without losing the backup file I save on it or is everything loss during a hard reset?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmjones View Post
I am seriously considering the Diamond. I don't need a keyboard but feel I do need a micro SD card for the following reason: I have my current Mogul perform a schedule backup to the 4gb sd card every day. On several occasions I have had to hard reset the Mogul but because I always have a recent backup on the SD card I am always able to quickly recover without loss of data or program settings. Would the 4gb on the diamond allow me to hard reset without losing the backup file I save on it or is everything loss during a hard reset?
Yes, the data on the Internal Storage will survive a hard reset. There's been quite a few threads on that already, and I've tested it personally (don't ask). Think of the Internal Storage as a microSDHC card that you can't remove.

Clint
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

megadethpantera is a n00b

Does the sprint touch diamond have a reset button? Where is it? I do not see it in the stylus slot? What button is it?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Try looking at the manual, or even taking off the back cover.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

^600th post
Old 10-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

megadethpantera is a n00b

Thanks. Its on the backside after removing the cover.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond