PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
get an xtra set of hands? then try again... can someone (with the device) confirm the <enter> button?
also can you use the <enter> button otherwise without any problem(s) on the device

well before the phone froze up it worked fine.After i loaded up the htc home the phone freezes after you turn it on.As said if i could get to to the programs dir i would delete from there but when the phone turns on it locks up
Old 09-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Almost a VIP

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
well before the phone froze up it worked fine.After i loaded up the htc home the phone freezes after you turn it on.As said if i could get to to the programs dir i would delete from there but when the phone turns on it locks up

so any other ideas on how to hard reset this thing?
Old 09-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
so any other ideas on how to hard reset this thing?

FINALLYYYYYYYY JUST DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND DONE
Old 09-20-2008, 04:11 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
FINALLYYYYYYYY JUST DID IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND DONE
So you finally got it to work. Awesome, i told you that enter button was the key
Old 09-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

fsphiladelphia is a n00b

Does doing the hard reset really delete all personal data and whatnot like the blue/white message says it will?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:00 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsphiladelphia View Post
Does doing the hard reset really delete all personal data and whatnot like the blue/white message says it will?
Power + Vol Down + Enter + Reset = ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED (except internal storage)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: how to hard reset sprint diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Power + Vol Down + Enter + Reset = ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED (except internal storage)
How can you clear internal storage then if you are unable to boot into the Diamond after a hard reset. I have that lovely problem and I cannot seem to go into bootloader mode to reflash. Anyone know the Sprint Key/reset sequence to go into bootloader mode ???

OK... found the answer... POWER +VOL DOWN +SOFT RESET to go into bootloader !! YAY !!

Last edited by nmhusa; 09-21-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

omg,i need a nap just reading this. lol
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

EnemyNSA is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgillard View Post
Press and hold vol down, enter & power. While holding all 3 buttons press the soft reset button with your stylus. Continue holding all 3 buttons. The screen will go black. Keep holding until the screen goes gray with the hard reset message.
This works. but MAN that takes some trickery to get it to work.

I had to balance the stylus in the reset hole on my chest and then squeeze.. sheesh. No way you'll "accidentally" reset THIS phone.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Lurker

Korps is a n00b

I have been on many forums, and this one is the only place that speaks english. Thanks guys! Had to hard boot, but at least I was backed up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond