PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Alltel
Carrier: Verizon

plckc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fixes!!

Thank you so much. I have been driving myself crazy looking under the Vogue section for this answer. I took a Sprint Touch and converted it to Alltel. I couldn't get the data to work and came across your post 5 days later. A few differences in what I had to do.
First I went in with ##778
than I had to hit view and goto M.IP Settings
under there was the Active User Profile Index that I changed to 1
Again thanks.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Glad to hear you got it working!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jelleroll is a n00b
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fix!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I got it working! I flashed the stock Sprint rom (thanks for the dump!) and after checking EPST settings, the profile was set to 0, but everything else was correct. So I changed that to 1 and after a soft-reset it works. Oh yeah baby!

This worked great for me as well. I had to call and talk to an "internet support" person but when i told him the active provile was set to 0 he told me the unlock code and had me change it.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

rsuddath is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the help on internet issues in this thread.

Unfortunately, I still have a problem of sorts with internet access on my Sprint Diamond.

Internet access works ok on my phone with the stock Sprint ROM but will not work when I flash with an upgraded ROM. I have tried Juicy ROM (2 and 2.5), Mighty ROM and a couple of kitchen builds. The phone will work but the internet will not with any of the custom ROMS. When I flash back to the stock Sprint ROM, internet access works fine.

I have tried preventing the startup customization script that runs initially with the stock Sprint ROM (by resetting) and internet still works on the Sprint ROM so I know the key is not one of the scripts/programs that runs at startup.

Anyone else with the same problem or any solutions?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: Internet not working? Possible Fix!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelleroll View Post
This worked great for me as well. I had to call and talk to an "internet support" person but when i told him the active provile was set to 0 he told me the unlock code and had me change it.
Good to hear it worked for you.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuddath View Post
Thanks for the help on internet issues in this thread.

Unfortunately, I still have a problem of sorts with internet access on my Sprint Diamond.

Internet access works ok on my phone with the stock Sprint ROM but will not work when I flash with an upgraded ROM. I have tried Juicy ROM (2 and 2.5), Mighty ROM and a couple of kitchen builds. The phone will work but the internet will not with any of the custom ROMS. When I flash back to the stock Sprint ROM, internet access works fine.

I have tried preventing the startup customization script that runs initially with the stock Sprint ROM (by resetting) and internet still works on the Sprint ROM so I know the key is not one of the scripts/programs that runs at startup.

Anyone else with the same problem or any solutions?

Thanks
I flashed Juicy 2.1 on one of my extra Diamonds and had Internet working without issue. As long as you have the user profile set to 1 and Internet is working prior to the flash, it should still work fine.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond!
Carrier: Sprint

drnezzy is a n00b

Hey guys,
Don't know if anyone will have a suggestion since I'm still on the stock Diamond ROM, but I figured I'd run it by some experts here:

Two days ago I woke up to find my phone showing a PRL update screen. But nothing was happening. I couldn't cancel, and there was no data connection active. With it frozen, I did a soft reset. But now, I can't connect to the internet.

To clarify, the phone will still do the data dial (or what it looks more like to me is that it THINKS it's connected), but I can't actually get any data transferred. No email, no weather update, no Opera loading. I've tried another reset, looked at my settings and nothing has changed. Could this have something to do with that PRL update? When trying to "update profile" the phone now says that DM (I'm assuming Device Manager?) can't be opened.

I'm definitely at a loss here, but thought I'd run it my y'all in the forum before venturing into a call with tech support.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

And you tried checking the user profile as listed in the first post of this thread?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnezzy View Post
Hey guys,
Don't know if anyone will have a suggestion since I'm still on the stock Diamond ROM.... Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hey drnezzy... It sounds like your settings got screwed up in that prl update. If you check your settings and your active profile is set to one and the method on the first page doesn't work, you may have to do the ##RTN# reset.. I described in more detail how this is done a few pages ago in this thread (post #100).. good luck and I hope you figure it out!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond!

drnezzy is a n00b

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I didn't have the MSL so I ended up having to call anyway. I just didn't know if there was anything else I could do without calling.

They simply walked me through the steps described in the original post. Thanks again. I'm back to fully functional.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond