PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WMWIFIROUTER on Diamond?

I wouldnt recommend using older versions than 2.0

As for the temprature error, while you are running the program, there is a setting in the menu that allows you to increase or decrease the temprature of phone warning. I blieve the default temp is set to 65...I increased it so I wont get that error again. I would wait and change this when the phone is around room temp.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Latest WMWifiRouter works fine on my Diamond. Just set it up and tested it out 2 minutes ago. Flawless.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

smeg36 is becoming a great contributor

I got v0.91 installed now, and it connects and creates the network fine. But when I try to browse the pages don't load. I'm wondering if it's trying to use the PAM instead of Sprint option from ICS or something. Another odd problem, definitely related to my notebook, but I can't find the ad-hoc network using my Vista notebook (stress placed on VISTA notebook. That's probably the problem right there).
Old 09-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The free version (0.91) works great for me installed fine, created a network, and connected. I'm on Juicy's 2.0 rom though, don't know if that makes a difference
Old 09-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

It uses the exact same TI wifi chipset as the mogul and gsm touch. I would guess yes.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm having the hardest time with this program. I got the newest one to work after disabling the battery monitor. But I can't for the life of me get v0.91 to uninstall now. I've uninstalled it from the Remove Programs, but it remains in the list. It says it couldn't be completely removed, but asks if I want to remove it from the list. Even when I choose yes, it stays in the list. I've tried removing it with Activesync as well. I've deleted all the files on my phone, and gone through the registry and deleted every file there. I've run MemMaid and had it clean all files and registry. All to no avail. I'm pretty much ready to hard reset and start from scratch.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

anish3232 is just getting started

I have it working great on my Diamond. You can turn off the Battery monitoring under settings. I have 1.20 running.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Luckily I had a SPB backup from a few days ago, so I just restored to that. I'm still unable to get v0.91 to work though. It will run fine on the phone, and say it's ready. I can connect to it with my PC. The PC gets an IP fine. But when I try to browse I don't have a connection. Those of you with v0.91 working, is there something obvious (or not so obvious) that I'm leaving out of the process to get this working?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

2.0 wor ks for me! Just had to disable the battery temp notification.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Finally got it working. It turns out the problem was with the .cab I was using to install it. For some reason it wouldn't work properly, and wouldn't uninstall. I ended up installing it from a .exe with Activesync, and it worked right away. I still can't get my notebook to find the ad-hoc network though. When I do a site scan, it will find it. But when I try to find it with connect to a network it doesn't show. Any ideas on that one?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond