PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WMWIFIROUTER on Diamond?

Can somone please test wmwifirouter on their diamond please?

I just wanna make sure it works because people were saying it didn't work on the treo 850

It's pretty large determining factor for me as far as purchasing it for being able to tether with my mac

thx ahed of time
Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: WMWIFIROUTER on Diamond?

i am interested in this as well

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

i will let you know next week...unless someone already knows.
I use it all the time on my mogul.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

smeg36 is becoming a great contributor

Their website says it's compatible with the Touch Diamond. It probably means the GSM version though, so I'm also waiting for someone to test it on their CDMA Diamond. I had the Mogul, but WMWifiRouter wasn't out before I switched to the Touch, so I'm excited to try it out.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

I never even thought to test it since I have a unlimited data plan. I'll give it a shot, everything as to work
Old 09-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I never even thought to test it since I have a unlimited data plan. I'll give it a shot, everything as to work
wmwifirouter is for connecting your pc to the internet via the phones internet not the other way around if I am not mistaken.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul / 700wx
Carrier: Sprint Sero 500

mokash34 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
wmwifirouter is for connecting your pc to the internet via the phones internet not the other way around if I am not mistaken.

bingo... your phone connects to the internet via your carrier, and turns into a wireless hotspot through it's wifi receiver. so it takes phone internet and turns it into wireless computer internet for all to enjoy.

it will eat your battery though (at least on my mogul it did). it works great and is very helpful when you need to connect your laptop to the internet.

me want honeycombs
Old 09-18-2008, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

Tested on Sprint Diamond...a bit hard to use and setup but once I got all the settings in....it works great!

Highly recommend since the tethering hack doesnt seem to work at the moment on the diamond.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcivic4life View Post
Tested on Sprint Diamond...a bit hard to use and setup but once I got all the settings in....it works great!

Highly recommend since the tethering hack doesnt seem to work at the moment on the diamond.
Getting error 67?
Have you tried launching IE (make sure data connected) then
goto internet sharing and Connect using SprintPCS?

At Least WMWifiRouter works
Old 09-18-2008, 01:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Getting error 67?
Have you tried launching IE (make sure data connected) then
goto internet sharing and Connect using SprintPCS?

At Least WMWifiRouter works
im using the version i used to use on my mogul, and whe i try to install the .cab nothing happens at all. its weird, ive installed tons of programs b4. ill figure it out....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond