PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   WMWIFIROUTER on Diamond? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37304)

hay112 09-14-2008 12:04 PM

WMWIFIROUTER on Diamond?

Can somone please test wmwifirouter on their diamond please?

I just wanna make sure it works because people were saying it didn't work on the treo 850

It's pretty large determining factor for me as far as purchasing it for being able to tether with my mac

thx ahed of time

Success100 09-14-2008 12:05 PM

Re: WMWIFIROUTER on Diamond?

i am interested in this as well

bridic 09-14-2008 01:04 PM

i will let you know next week...unless someone already knows.
I use it all the time on my mogul.

smeg36 09-14-2008 02:16 PM

Their website says it's compatible with the Touch Diamond. It probably means the GSM version though, so I'm also waiting for someone to test it on their CDMA Diamond. I had the Mogul, but WMWifiRouter wasn't out before I switched to the Touch, so I'm excited to try it out.

O'Neil Mitchell 09-15-2008 09:47 AM

I never even thought to test it since I have a unlimited data plan. I'll give it a shot, everything as to work

cornelious2 09-15-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 416346)
I never even thought to test it since I have a unlimited data plan. I'll give it a shot, everything as to work

wmwifirouter is for connecting your pc to the internet via the phones internet not the other way around if I am not mistaken.

mokash34 09-15-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 416353)
wmwifirouter is for connecting your pc to the internet via the phones internet not the other way around if I am not mistaken.

bingo... your phone connects to the internet via your carrier, and turns into a wireless hotspot through it's wifi receiver. so it takes phone internet and turns it into wireless computer internet for all to enjoy.

it will eat your battery though (at least on my mogul it did). it works great and is very helpful when you need to connect your laptop to the internet.

me want honeycombs

lxcivic4life 09-18-2008 12:37 AM

Tested on Sprint Diamond...a bit hard to use and setup but once I got all the settings in....it works great!

Highly recommend since the tethering hack doesnt seem to work at the moment on the diamond.

puff 09-18-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxcivic4life (Post 421301)
Tested on Sprint Diamond...a bit hard to use and setup but once I got all the settings in....it works great!

Highly recommend since the tethering hack doesnt seem to work at the moment on the diamond.

Getting error 67?
Have you tried launching IE (make sure data connected) then
goto internet sharing and Connect using SprintPCS?

At Least WMWifiRouter works :D

Success100 09-18-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 421331)
Getting error 67?
Have you tried launching IE (make sure data connected) then
goto internet sharing and Connect using SprintPCS?

At Least WMWifiRouter works :D

im using the version i used to use on my mogul, and whe i try to install the .cab nothing happens at all. its weird, ive installed tons of programs b4. ill figure it out....