PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I live with the Diamond or do I NEED the Touch Pro? Keyboard or no Keyboard?

I hate to be so vain... but as long as the diamond comes with the RED/marroon/wine/burgundy back, i'm not gonna be albe to consider it for purchase... lol it really steals from the beauty of the device... they could have at least rolled out black FIRST!

at one point i had this same delima between the mogul and the touch... full kb and MUCH less memory VS no kb, TONS of memory and no wifi... they both had something I needed and i needed the full kb more than the other things.... but now memory is no longer an issue between the diamond and the pro, and now that they removed the 'lip' that the mogul had, typing should be much improved.... so in that respect the diamond would be my choice as winner.... if only it came in black... or at least gunmetal... or silver or gray... just not red or blue or green ect sheesh keep it sexy people!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can I live with the Diamond or do I NEED the Touch Pro? Keyboard or no Keyboard?

Have you seen this?

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ed...ss_your_f.html

I went from the Blue Angel to the Apache to the Touch. And the Apache is the one i liked the least. honestly it really is a 'brick'. As will be the Pro. I saw size was a major concern, how do you feel about that thickness? Me, i couldnt do it.

One time i had my touch, my id, a credit card, and a pack of smokes all in my shirt pocket on my button up. but what about my pants you say? well, when one can get all he needs in his shirt pocket, he needn't worry about his pants.

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Global Communication - 5:23 via FoxyTunes
Old 09-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is from Juggalo_X in another thread, but here's the keyboard in landscape. Doesn't look too bad.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc

I hate the red back as well. You know that it will just be a matter of time before someone (seidio or who ever) starts selling black battery covers. If feel it will be a good sell for who ever does it first. The red is my biggest turn of as well.

Thanks for the screenshot. That doesn't look that bad.

Boe, I have seen a few pics of the hd you are wanting. It does look way cool. You know it maybe a long time until sprint sees it. I will buy it as well when/if it comes out.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 09-11-2008, 08:10 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I agree with most other users - the red sucks - better dead than red. Maybe just to yank our chains further on the next phone they'll make us get one with bedazzle jewels or hello kitty crap.

I think it will probably be a good year before we see the Touch HD on Sprint as well - curse my good negotiated pricing - it would make it easy for me to go with a GSM carrier otherwise!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

avstheman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post

This is from Juggalo_X in another thread, but here's the keyboard in landscape. Doesn't look too bad.
does that come standard or is this a modified rom/application? all the videos i've seen on youtube state that there is no landscape mode when using email or sms. either way, it does look very spacious! hopefully it's responsive as well. that would definitely seal the deal.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
boe
Almost a VIP

Chappy, thanks for posting that image - very helpful! Good stuff!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

archtech3d is just getting started

One last thing about the HD... when it finally comes to the US sometime... probably next year... windows mobile 7 will be out. This supports multi-touch and makes me wonder if the HD will have that ability. When/if Sprint ever gets it, maybe they will modify it with a larger processor and more ram like they did with the Touch Diamond and Pro.

In the meantime, I'm stickin' to the Diamond plan. The pro is jut too thick for me. This is my cell phone, not my computer. The landscape software keyboard is just fine for me.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 PM
boe
Almost a VIP

Cody - one thing that may help you would be to try and borrow someone's Touch if you can't find a diamond anytime soon. Try typing about two paragraphs and see what you think. It of course depends on how you feel about the typing on it and how much you actually typically type what you might think about going "bottomless". I had the mogul and the touch. The keyboard on the mogul was great but I hated the bulk since I carry my phone in my pocket, not a holster. I'm sure no matter what phone you get you'll feel it is an upgrade but secretly wish in some way you could have had the other - on the other hand you could look at it as you can't make a bad decision.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avstheman View Post
does that come standard or is this a modified rom/application? all the videos i've seen on youtube state that there is no landscape mode when using email or sms. either way, it does look very spacious! hopefully it's responsive as well. that would definitely seal the deal.
thats the HTC stock qwerty keyboard in landscape mode.

its a reg tweak that allows you to set the long hold call button to screen rotate. its so easy to text this way.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond