PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I live with the Diamond or do I NEED the Touch Pro? Keyboard or no Keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
thats the HTC stock qwerty keyboard in landscape mode.

its a reg tweak that allows you to set the long hold call button to screen rotate. its so easy to text this way.
I thought the Diamond had an accelerometer?

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Track 02 via FoxyTunes
Old 09-11-2008, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Bold 9700
Carrier: At&t

bwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuff
Re: Can I live with the Diamond or do I NEED the Touch Pro? Keyboard or no Keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
I thought the Diamond had an accelerometer?

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Track 02 via FoxyTunes

It does have an accelerometer. The accelerometer will only orient the screen in certain apps. Luckily this is Windows mobile and the boys and XDA have figured a way around. AND you don't even need to hold down a button.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403939

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite4801 View Post
It does have an accelerometer. The accelerometer will only orient the screen in certain apps. Luckily this is Windows mobile and the boys and XDA have figured a way around. AND you don't even need to hold down a button.

Good to hear. i was a little confused/worried.

----------------
Now playing on iTunes: Xzibit - Right On via FoxyTunes
Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

I am eligible for my 2 year upgrade in December. I was going to get the Diamond. But will probably wait for the HD, now. Even though it won't show up on Sprint till next year sometime.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

jreach is a n00b

Not sure what kind of phone you use now. But if you have a WM Device now with touch screen capability download the Diamond keyboards to your existing phone and play with them. This is what I did because I had the Mogul and was really wondering if I could live without the keyboard.

For me, I am tired of carrying around a brick. I had the PPC-6700 before the Mogul and they are both Bricks. Great phones mind you, in fact the 6700 I liked better, but I just can't keep having this brick on my hip.

I ultimately wanted to blend my Phone, Laptop and iPod together in one unit. Biggest complaint I will have on the new Diamond is no upgradeable memory but its a trade off...will only move my top albums to the Diamond and keep the iPod for travel.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite4801 View Post

The XDA link does not work

It working now, thanks
Old 09-12-2008, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
I am eligible for my 2 year upgrade in December. I was going to get the Diamond. But will probably wait for the HD, now. Even though it won't show up on Sprint till next year sometime.
I wish i found out about the THD sooner, I used my upgrade last week and got the Diamond

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond