PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: TOUCH Screen SENSITIVITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
lol i wonder what the highest setting is for that? i am going to try 500!!!
one time on a fresh boot mine was set to 46xxx i was like WTF?!?!?!

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Registry Tweaks/Hacks/Edits - Share them here!

First post updated. Let me know if i missed anything
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
one time on a fresh boot mine was set to 46xxx i was like WTF?!?!?!
Mine is set at default of 42... what have you guys found is the best setting for you?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Change how much the screen dims when putting the device in a locked state:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel\

"LockMode" Dword=0 (Default)

any one get this to change the Backlight value in a locked state?

Edit: NVM this just reports the state of the phone.. 0 is unlocked 1 is locked.

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-24-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Retired Staff

I dont know if this is in an actual setting if it is i couldnt find it.

Dim back light in unlock screen:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\

"DimBKLinUnlockScreen" Dword=1 to dim back light in unlock screen as well.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Retired Staff

i might have some cool backlight sensor tweaks coming im playing, some explanations to what values do at lease.

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-24-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Mine is set at default of 42... what have you guys found is the best setting for you?
I first tried 200 and that was pretty good, but I tried 500, and man, this thing is great now, it gets better and better everyday, I am loving this!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Retired Staff

this is just what i have figured out by playing.

KEY: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]

VALUES:
"BatteryTimeout"=dword:00000001E <----- This value changes the time (in seconds) that the back light goes from on state to its Light Sensor determined "screen on" power save state. this does not affect the wake to sleep/standby time period. ("screen on", power save state, dims the display while keeping it on and viewable to the user, the step before it fully goes to sleep/stand by)

"ACTimeout"=dword:0000003C <----- Same as above just for A/C Power (plugged In)

"DimBKLinUnlockScreen"=dword:00000001 <----- This Dword allows you to adjust the back light state from dimmed or normal in the Key lock unlock screen. "1" for on state, "0" for off state.

"LightDetectOn"=dword:00000001 <----- This value turns on or off the ability for the sight sensor to put the screen in to a light sensor determined, "screen on", power save state. ("screen on", power save state, dims the display while keeping it on and viewable to the user, the step before it fully goes to sleep/stand by)

"BrightNess"=dword:00000002 <----- This is the "on battery power" screen brightness option in the "Power" options located in the control panel. Note: light sensor has to be disabled to allow these settings to take affect or change with the controlpanel slider bar.

"LightSensorToScreenOff"=dword:00000005 <----- this is the the option that puts the touch screen to sleep when you put the phone to you ear. it doesnt seem to work though.

"LightSensorThreshold"=dword:00000005 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"LightSensorInterval"=dword:000000C8 <----- The rate (in miliseconds) at which the sensor polls the light conditions around the device.

"LightSensorPollingEnable"=dword:00000001 <----- this basically does what it says, it allows the sensor to check lighting conditions so it can adjust screen brightness accordingly.

"ACBrightNess"=dword:00000005 <----- This is the "on external power" screen brightness option in the "Power" options located in the control panel.
Note: light sensor has to be disabled to allow these settings to take affect or change with the controlpanel slider bar.

"ACBacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"BacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"ExtOnOff"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"OnOff"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"LSensorReduceBKLDelay"=dword:00000005 <----- I dont know what this does, if you do please tell

"LSensorAvegQuene"=dword:00000003 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"MAXBrightnessScale"=dword:0000000A <----- is is the max value the light sensor will be able to acheive for screen brightness. 1 - 10, 1 being lowest and 10 being max brighness.

"MINBrightnessScale"=dword:00000001 <----- same as the above but backwards, obviously.

"AutoSensor"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"QKeyLedTimeout"=dword:0000000A <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"BatteryTimeoutUnchecked"=dword:00000000 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"BatteryTimeoutTemp"=dword:00000000 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"ACTimeoutUnchecked"=dword:00000000 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"ACTimeoutTemp"=dword:00000000 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel]

"LockLevel"=dword:00000000 <----- this key just reports the keylock state of the device. "1" for enabled "0" for disabled.

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-25-2008 at 12:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorforsleep View Post
I first tried 200 and that was pretty good, but I tried 500, and man, this thing is great now, it gets better and better everyday, I am loving this!
mine is set to 408866 right now, i didnt change it, its in the rom i use i think and its very sensitive i love it.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond (Sprint)

chris7519 is a n00b

Could someone post the link to change the default battery icon from 25% to 5%. this is for the stock Sprint ROM. TIA!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond