PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Registry Tweaks/Hacks/Edits - Share them here!

so diamond users... what tweaks you got???

Ok. This thread assumes that you already have the knowledge and skill to hack your phone settings via registry settings (ie. know how to use a registry editor ) or in some instances know how to access programming menus using ## codes to modify settings which requires the MSL. If you have any useful CMDA DIAMOND registry hacks and such, please post this in this thread... Thanks !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade2032 View Post
For those of you who came from the PPC-6700 or the Mogul, you may remember I created a Hacks program for each device. I decided to put together one for the Diamond as well, and it's available on my website for those who are interested.

For those of you unfamiliar with the program, it simplifies the registry editing as you dont need a registry editor program and you dont need the know the keys. Just check (or uncheck) a box and you can turn the hack on and off.

Here is the link to the program. Diamond Hacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel745 View Post
Here.. not sure if this has been posted, but it's called Diamond Tweak, very useful so far and it has the sms wake disable on it..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=409540
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
Signal Strength Indicator

<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="SignalStrengthLevel" datatype="integer" value="5"/>
</characteristic>

5 = Telus Thick bars
7= Sprint Skinny Bars
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Automatically lock your Diamond --> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\AutoDevic eLockEnable from 0 to 1 and everytime your backlight goes off the device is locked

-CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by exi View Post
There's a massive thread over at XDA-dev for Diamond tweaks: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398265
Quote:
THanks for the heads up, lots of these work on CDMA units and are quite interesting. I liked enabling more camera modes.

19. More Camera Modes:
To Enable 'Burst': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P6 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

To Enable 'Sport': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P8 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

To Enable 'Video Share': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P9 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

13. Enable GPS photo: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P10 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

-CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedwo View Post
Holy crap! I found it!

Here is how you can replace your default Calendar and Contact buttons in TF3D.

Change the default mode in softkeys on the first page of TouchFLO.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ HTC \ Manila

Change the value for each key (LSK on the left Soft Key, RSK for the Right Soft Key).

HomeLSKPath - "\Windows\calendar.exe" HomeLSKPath - Select the program "" example "\ Windows \ calendar.exe"
HomeLSKText - HomeLSKText - Text that appears eg Calendar

woot!

http://translate.google.ca/translate...3Doff%26sa%3DG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
it is just a registry edit:
In HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\
Add a New Key “IconConfig”
In there Add DWORD Value:
“HorizontalIconSpacing” Dec value=”112″
“VerticalIconSpacing” Dec value=”115″
“IconTitleFontSize” Dec value=”6″
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Disable Keyboard auto pop up when entering an app with a text field
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip]
"TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:00000001

Condensed Menus (4 Icon across in settings and programs menu)
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\
Add New Key "IconConfig"

"HorizontalIconSpacing" Dec value="112"
"VerticalIconSpacing" Dec value="115"
"IconTitleFontSize" Dec value="6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\
CacheTime
-change the decimal value from the default 600 to 60

By default the Telus Diamond will disconnect data connections after 600 seconds. This does NOT mean your data connection will turn off (as seen in the connection manager) but will be idle until needed again.Every time you terminate any programs using the data network the phone will still have an active connection for 10 min (unless you shut off the phone).

SOURCE: www.TheTouchBlog.com
GPS Hacks included in tobey's cab...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS]
"EnableGPSSmartMode"=dword:00000001
"EnableAGPS"=dword:00000001
"GPSMode"=dword:00000002
"NumberFixes"=dword:999999999
"QoSAccuracy"=dword:00000050
"QoSPerformance"=dword:00000089
"ServerIP"="216.198.139.92"
"ServerPort"=dword:00008889
"TimeBetweenFixes"=dword:00000001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade2032 View Post
For those of you who came from the PPC-6700 or the Mogul, you may remember I created a Hacks program for each device. I decided to put together one for the Diamond as well, and it's available on my website for those who are interested.

For those of you unfamiliar with the program, it simplifies the registry editing as you dont need a registry editor program and you dont need the know the keys. Just check (or uncheck) a box and you can turn the hack on and off.

Here is the link to the program. Diamond Hacks
Quote:
These can also be found under the Phone Options Advanced TAB.

To Disable the connection vibration, edit;

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\PhoneExtendSetting

"ConnectingVibration" change 1 to 0

To Disable the Open Note upon removal of the stylus during a call, edit;

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\PHoneExtendSetting

"StylusOpenNote" change 1 to 0

To Disable the prompt to Add a New Contact after a call, edit'

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\PhoneExtendSetting

"AddNumber" change 1 to 0

-CC
Quote:
Remove that annoying "Delay On End Key" its usually set to 3 sec stock.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PHONE]

"EndKeyDelayInterval"=dword:00000000

This sets the delay to 0 seconds. it works im using it
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the "3"sec End Call Delay under;

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\PhoneExtendSetting "EndCallTime" default (3000) ?

-CC
Quote:
More Phone Options, edit in; HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting

This option allows you to toggle Service Aquire and Lost Tone:

"HiddenAlertPage" change 1 to 0

This option enables the menu which allows you to choose between Hybrid, EVDO only or 1X only:

"HiddenModeOperationPage" change 1 to 0

This option allows you to switch between NAMs:

"HiddenNAMSelectPage" change 1 to 0

This option allows you to toggle Voice Privacy:

"HiddenVoicePRivacyPage" change 1 to 0

-CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
HKLM/Drivers/TouchPanel

PressureThreshold--->200 and it VERY responsive!!!
Quote:
this is just what i have figured out by playing.

KEY: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]

VALUES:
"BatteryTimeout"=dword:00000001E <----- This value changes the time (in seconds) that the back light goes from on state to its Light Sensor determined "screen on" power save state. this does not affect the wake to sleep/standby time period. ("screen on", power save state, dims the display while keeping it on and viewable to the user, the step before it fully goes to sleep/stand by)

"ACTimeout"=dword:0000003C <----- Same as above just for A/C Power (plugged In)

"DimBKLinUnlockScreen"=dword:00000001 <----- This Dword allows you to adjust the back light state from dimmed or normal in the Key lock unlock screen. "1" for on state, "0" for off state.

"LightDetectOn"=dword:00000001 <----- This value turns on or off the ability for the sight sensor to put the screen in to a light sensor determined, "screen on", power save state. ("screen on", power save state, dims the display while keeping it on and viewable to the user, the step before it fully goes to sleep/stand by)

"BrightNess"=dword:00000002 <----- This is the "on battery power" screen brightness option in the "Power" options located in the control panel. Note: light sensor has to be disabled to allow these settings to take affect or change with the controlpanel slider bar.

"LightSensorToScreenOff"=dword:00000005 <----- this is the the option that puts the touch screen to sleep when you put the phone to you ear. it doesnt seem to work though.

"LightSensorThreshold"=dword:00000005 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"LightSensorInterval"=dword:000000C8 <----- The rate (in miliseconds) at which the sensor polls the light conditions around the device.

"LightSensorPollingEnable"=dword:00000001 <----- this basically does what it says, it allows the sensor to check lighting conditions so it can adjust screen brightness accordingly.

"ACBrightNess"=dword:00000005 <----- This is the "on external power" screen brightness option in the "Power" options located in the control panel.
Note: light sensor has to be disabled to allow these settings to take affect or change with the controlpanel slider bar.

"ACBacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"BacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"ExtOnOff"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"OnOff"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"LSensorReduceBKLDelay"=dword:00000005 <----- I dont know what this does, if you do please tell

"LSensorAvegQuene"=dword:00000003 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"MAXBrightnessScale"=dword:0000000A <----- is is the max value the light sensor will be able to acheive for screen brightness. 1 - 10, 1 being lowest and 10 being max brighness.

"MINBrightnessScale"=dword:00000001 <----- same as the above but backwards, obviously.

"AutoSensor"=dword:00000001 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"QKeyLedTimeout"=dword:0000000A <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"BatteryTimeoutUnchecked"=dword:00000000 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"BatteryTimeoutTemp"=dword:00000000 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"ACTimeoutUnchecked"=dword:00000000 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

"ACTimeoutTemp"=dword:00000000 <----- i couldnt tell a change when playing with this value. if you know what this does, if you do please tell

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel]

"LockLevel"=dword:00000000 <----- this key just reports the keylock state of the device. "1" for enabled "0" for disabled.

Originally Posted by Tredell
Not sure if anyone tried this, or even if this is a proper fix, but if you change the following registry entries Opera will be the default browser for the RSS reader:

HKCR\http\shell\open\command\default = operaL.exe %1
HKCR\https\shell\open\command\default = operaL.exe %1

Doubt the second one needs to be set, but thought I'd add it just inase.

Originally Posted by eatbeme
Thanks for that. It works in RSS hub now. As for getting it to work with emails,
I changed:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\: DEFBROWSER\1 = operal.exe from ":MSPIE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Not a reg edit or hack but....

##778#
Choose Edit
Enter your MSL
Click View Info soft key
Choose Modem Settings
Click on slot cycle index and click Menu soft key
change value to 0 or 1 (lower the number, quicker the tower checks)
Click Menu soft key, then OK
Let phone reset

Last edited by puff; 10-01-2008 at 11:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Registry Tweaks/Hacks/Edits - Share them here!

Lots! But they're all in the ROMs anyways, or will be soon.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:53 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Lots! But they're all in the ROMs anyways, or will be soon.
They prolly will be included in a custom ROM, but keep in mind there will always be the users that stick with the stock ROM, with no built in tweaks, so there should be a thread like this one for collective knowledge of tweaks and hacks. Seen your post How To: Configure GPS and was curious as to what settings your cab actually changes in the registry. I personally rather edit my registry by hand, since i know what i doing
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Disable Keyboard auto pop up when entering an app with a text field
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip]
"TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:00000001

Condensed Menus (4 Icon across in settings and programs menu)
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\
Add New Key "IconConfig"

"HorizontalIconSpacing" Dec value="112"
"VerticalIconSpacing" Dec value="115"
"IconTitleFontSize" Dec value="6"

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-09-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

CacheTime

By default the Telus Diamond will disconnect data connections after 600 seconds. This does NOT mean your data connection will turn off (as seen in the connection manager) but will be idle until needed again.Every time you terminate any programs using the data network the phone will still have an active connection for 10 min (unless you shut off the phone).

Last edited by abovelegit; 09-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
CacheTime

I want to add that this setting will mess with PUSH email. so this isnt for you if you use the PUSH service.

changing the value from 600 to 60 essentially tells the Device to turn off the data connection after 1 minute IF idle.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Quote:
That's a lot! what do they all do?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Kitchen Builder

They're pretty self explanitory... EnableGPSSmartMode Enables GPS Smart Mode... and so on. the only special one is GPSMode... there are settings 1 to 4.. 2 and 4 work the same, some people prefer one or the other, basically 2 says to use aGPS and GPS, and 4 doesn't give it a setting...
Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Retired Staff

Remove that annoying "Delay On End Key" its usually set to 3 sec stock.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PHONE]

"EndKeyDelayInterval"=dword:00000000

This sets the delay to 0 seconds. it works im using it

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond