PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Diamond is the perfect size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
He prolly loaded the AT&T ROM in there. Unfortunately, 3G won't work. The only way to use GSM diamond in the U.S. is to unlock the 850mhz network which was crippled by HTC. They hid this network and the GSM diamond will come tri-band out of the box. Somebody made a custom rom and accidently unlock the quad-band capabilities.Unfortunately, 3G functionality didn't get unlocked.
Well anyways, I know some people would prefer the slimmer Diamond especially girls. it's only the back cover is the difference tho. I'm sure U can buy slimmer and lower capacity batteries in ebay if U want the trim down version. Hmmm. I wonder if the back cover from the GSM will fit the CDMA. I find the diamondish back cover sexier.

I don't think that TMobile needs to the 850 band yet...so technically you can get away with a tri-band phone. You only need is 900/1800/1900.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Thats why I will buy the diamond and then return it and then buy the Pro. Then see if I can tolerate the Pros size in my pocket. Cuz I am tired on chicken pecking at y Touches on screen keyboard. I really miss my 6700 keyboard.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
His original Diamond back was LIT UP with fingerprints. It's an obscene level. No way I would want that backing.
I understand but, like what U like. I will like what I like ok. It's a personal preference. No offense to anybody.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
I don't think that TMobile needs to the 850 band yet...so technically you can get away with a tri-band phone. You only need is 900/1800/1900.
I am sorry to disappoint but only 850mhz is usable in the U.S. I think 900mhz is shut down already but not too sure on that.

HTC Diamond’s lack of support for the 850Mhz GSM frequency band that us Yankees love to use. Sure, 850Mhz has better penetrating power than the higher frequency 900Mhz band that’s used in ubiquity throughout the rest of the world
http://www.intomobile.com/2008/07/17...es-850mhz.html
Old 09-05-2008, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

archtech3d is just getting started

I think I prefer the smooth back like the one Sprint will be coming out with. The fingerprint issue does not seem to be a problem... and I don't know if I'd be comfortable with such a light catching/flashy phone back. Also, the fact that it is a bit thicker should make it easier to handle.

I think the Pro, on the other hand, might be too think, and bulky for a pocket.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

b0btech is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Sprint Diamond is the perfect size.

Ahhh, you guys i tell you it's all a matter of pref: so here's mine. The CDMA will rock out with the extra 1350M Battery, also SPrint has a trick up their sleeves for this one, im sure itll have SD Micro, and You can pick between Red/BLK. NICE!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

archtech3d is just getting started

What makes you think it will have SD card support for the Diamond?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

b0btech, I wish you were right... I'd get the Diamond if it had a microSD, but everything we've seen says it most definitely does not have it...

Unfortunately the FCC document for the Sprint Diamond doesn't have the normal hidden details that many other FCC label docs have.

Last edited by quarky42; 09-05-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

xenoetry is becoming a great contributor

I like the original look, with the original back cover....felt fine to me, as i dont like thick phones. I dont have small hands by any means and it felt good.

Sad i am
Old 09-05-2008, 07:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0btech View Post
Ahhh, you guys i tell you it's all a matter of pref: so here's mine. The CDMA will rock out with the extra 1350M Battery, also SPrint has a trick up their sleeves for this one, im sure itll have SD Micro, and You can pick between Red/BLK. NICE!!!
I think your expectations are unreasonable. It does NOT "rock out" with the 1350 mAH battery; if I get a full day of use (5:30 am to 10pm), I'm happy. Most days, there's at least a partial charge in there. I've got a charger at my desk at home, beside my bed, in the car, and my desk at work. If I have to go on a trip anywhere, I don't know what I'll do. When I went camping for a few days, I was constantly turning off the unit (not just standby) and checking voice/e-mail every once in a while, so it would survive till I could charge it up again. The poor cell reception out there really ate the battery.

I'll bet that there will be NO microSD slot on it for Sprint. The only version that's mentioned a slot is the Verizon one, and that's because they yanked the 4GB of internal memory. I've got the Telus version, which is identical to the published Sprint specs, and it's got no microSD slot and no FM Radio.

Clint

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond