PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Diamond is the perfect size.

To all those that are complaining about the CDMA Diamond being thicker then you must have girl hands. My buddy just got the GSM Diamond and that thing is so thin I'm afraid I'm going to break it and I could tell it would get uncomfortable texting for a while. I will gladly welcome a thicker CDMA version to compliment my man-hands.

BTW, he loaded the 1.93 or whatever ROM and there is ZERO lag. I am very impressed and know that the Sprint version will be that much better.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Sprint Diamond is the perfect size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
To all those that are complaining about the CDMA Diamond being thicker then you must have girl hands. My buddy just got the GSM Diamond and that thing is so thin I'm afraid I'm going to break it and I could tell it would get uncomfortable texting for a while. I will gladly welcome a thicker CDMA version to compliment my man-hands.

BTW, he loaded the 1.93 or whatever ROM and there is ZERO lag. I am very impressed and know that the Sprint version will be that much better.
He prolly loaded the AT&T ROM in there. Unfortunately, 3G won't work. The only way to use GSM diamond in the U.S. is to unlock the 850mhz network which was crippled by HTC. They hid this network and the GSM diamond will come tri-band out of the box. Somebody made a custom rom and accidently unlock the quad-band capabilities.Unfortunately, 3G functionality didn't get unlocked.
Well anyways, I know some people would prefer the slimmer Diamond especially girls. it's only the back cover is the difference tho. I'm sure U can buy slimmer and lower capacity batteries in ebay if U want the trim down version. Hmmm. I wonder if the back cover from the GSM will fit the CDMA. I find the diamondish back cover sexier.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 09-04-2008, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond

leongus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post

Chef ben, I am glad you find the current GSM thickness too thin. I have the HTC Touch (which is supposed to be the same thickness as the CDMA Diamond) and it feels fine. I think that if my touch was as thin as the GSM Diamond, i would be afraid to touch it. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongus View Post
Chef ben, I am glad you find the current GSM thickness too thin. I have the HTC Touch (which is supposed to be the same thickness as the CDMA Diamond) and it feels fine. I think that if my touch was as thin as the GSM Diamond, i would be afraid to touch it. Thanks for your opinion.
Only phone ive ever owned to date that felt like i was going to break it in half was the HTS s640. i find thh diamon to be a good size that it doesnt feel like a toy in ur hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
He prolly loaded the AT&T ROM in there. Unfortunately, 3G won't work. The only way to use GSM diamond in the U.S. is to unlock the 850mhz network which was crippled by HTC. They hid this network and the GSM diamond will come tri-band out of the box. Somebody made a custom rom and accidently unlock the quad-band capabilities.Unfortunately, 3G functionality didn't get unlocked.
Well anyways, I know some people would prefer the slimmer Diamond especially girls. it's only the back cover is the difference tho. I'm sure U can buy slimmer and lower capacity batteries in ebay if U want the trim down version. Hmmm. I wonder if the back cover from the GSM will fit the CDMA. I find the diamondish back cover sexier.
i have the cdma diamond and im tellin u if the GSM is thinner then its back cover will not fit because the back cover on the thicker cdma diamon is snug to the rear chassis of the Diamon and battery.

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-04-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
i have the cdma diamond and im tellin u if the GSM is thinner then its back cover will not fit because the back cover on the thicker cdma diamon is snug to the rear chassis of the Diamon and battery.
What I'm saying is, replace the CDMA battery with the lower capacity battery so the GSM back cover will fit. Only if U like it slim tho. I'm not sure coz I don't have either device.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I doubt the GSM cover will fit on the CDMA unit, even if you did downgrade your battery. The CDMA unit has curves that the GSM just doesn't have. See these photos:
http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=172

Clint
Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
What I'm saying is, replace the CDMA battery with the lower capacity battery so the GSM back cover will fit. Only if U like it slim tho. I'm not sure coz I don't have either device.
not a chance, like i said i dont think it will fit the cdma back plate is flush with the chassis of the phone its self and the battery
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNeufeld View Post
I doubt the GSM cover will fit on the CDMA unit, even if you did downgrade your battery. The CDMA unit has curves that the GSM just doesn't have. See these photos:
http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=172

Clint
Wow, Thanks for the link. I didn't know it's so different. it looks like a totally different device. The d-pad is so different. Ok, That confirms that it cannot interchange back cover. Thanks for the input.
I must say tho, I like the GSM design better. Looks slick. No offense.

Last edited by jethro_static; 09-04-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
not a chance, like i said i dont think it will fit the cdma back plate is flush with the chassis of the phone its self and the battery
I would agree with Juggalo. There is not (or not much) slack between the cover and the actual back of the phone. The battery is flush with the entire chassis of the phone, so putting a smaller battery will leave a gap between the battery and the cover, but not the chassis.

Which makes me wonder... I always thought the extra thickness was for the battery (all 2mm of it). If it's the chassis as well, why couldn't they have fit a microSD slot and the FM radio as well? Ah, well, still like my phone...

Clint
Old 09-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
His original Diamond back was LIT UP with fingerprints. It's an obscene level. No way I would want that backing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond