PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

archtech3d is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Diamond is the perfect size.

I'd take the SD card over internal memory, as long as it expanded at least to 16 gigs.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

ill take the internal memory its faster. its a DDR chip i believe.

also do you know how many damn sd cards i have lost out of my treo? they just eject and fall out and u never see them again. i have had, no word of a lie, about six 4 gig sd cards now. and i currently only have one in my possession still. damn treo and its sloppy sd slot.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I just dont know why everyone is wanting to carry 16+ gigs of information on their phone. I know you can use it for videos, music and pics but how much do you really need? My luck i would drain my battery down and not be able to use the phone when I really needed to, lol.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post

also do you know how many damn sd cards i have lost out of my treo? they just eject and fall out and u never see them again. i have had, no word of a lie, about six 4 gig sd cards now. and i currently only have one in my possession still. damn treo and its sloppy sd slot.
Pretty sure it wouldn't be a DDR chip, unless I'm thinking of something totally different. To me, DDR requires a constant electrical source to keep it's data. Dangerous thing in something like a cell phone.

And with the Touch (not Diamond), the microSD slot was hidden in such a way that you had to take the battery cover off to remove the card. Even then it was a pain in the butt to get it out. Hard to lose them, in that case.

Clint
Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNeufeld View Post
Pretty sure it wouldn't be a DDR chip, unless I'm thinking of something totally different. To me, DDR requires a constant electrical source to keep it's data. Dangerous thing in something like a cell phone.

And with the Touch (not Diamond), the microSD slot was hidden in such a way that you had to take the battery cover off to remove the card. Even then it was a pain in the butt to get it out. Hard to lose them, in that case.

Clint
ill see if i can dig up the speck list i was reading i swear it said the internal memory was a ddr chip. and yes your correct usually it would require constant power to keep the data. so i was confused. although they could just be referring to it as a ddr chip. or maybe they modified it some how.

as for the card slot the Treo's design is the pits i wish it had the same as the touch. but i still love my big brick treo. (im still using it :P)
Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

doesn't ddr just stand for double data rate? if so it just means its faster not that its static/flash etc.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
doesn't ddr just stand for double data rate? if so it just means its faster not that its static/flash etc.
touche i was getting to technical on it. your correct. so it could in fact be a DDR chip. not necessarily the type thats used for pc memory
Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post

totally. Internal memory is faster. Apps can load faster with internal memory. Ever experience videos on sd cards not syncing with audio? With internal memory, U'll experience minimal or none of that. Plus more internal memory means tons of ringtones too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridic View Post
I just dont know why everyone is wanting to carry 16+ gigs of information on their phone. I know you can use it for videos, music and pics but how much do you really need? My luck i would drain my battery down and not be able to use the phone when I really needed to, lol.
Yeah, 4gigs is enough for me. I have 4 gigs now and I don't even have it half full.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 09-05-2008, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
totally. Internal memory is faster. Apps can load faster with internal memory. Ever experience videos on sd cards not syncing with audio? With internal memory, U'll experience minimal or none of that. Plus more internal memory means tons of ringtones too.

Yeah, 4gigs is enough for me. I have 4 gigs now and I don't even have it half full.

I've never had a problem with video/audio sync on my 700wx because I had been using tcpmp and it does a very good job of caching video in available ram. I also resize and encode my videos for my device's screen size so it doesn't have too much data to deal with.

I know it can be a problem with media player though. 4GB isn't enough for me though... I can fill that real quick.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:13 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Yo my comrads. I found this o2 version of the diamond which is the slim bersion with the non diamondish back cover. Oh so sexy!
http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/4wm...da-ignito.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond