PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

bionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Its Official Sept. 14th Release of the Diamond on Sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ohh, trust me.... I understand. I did play with the Instinct and laughed hysterically inside the Sprint store. One employee just looked at me weird. I had a 6700, mogul, and currently my Touch. By far the 6700 was the best with winmo 5. No memory issues like the mogul. Sprint gave me a Touch since I complained about the constantly low ram on it. So i kept it and really have suffered without the physical kb. But now, I am excited too for the Diamond but really, I am going for the Pro. And yes, I cannot wait too.... every morning I think about it. I feel for you... that instinct is just terrible.
Yeah it was kind of a stupid move to get that phone i mean i been using windows for like 11 years now i just like messing with stuff you can't do that on the instinct you can't even use opera or google maps properly on this phone because the keyboard input is missing when you tap on something it just comes up as a blank screen its but its my FIRST offical phone that i picked myself, i had a clamshell qwerty phone from my g/f on the verizon network then decided to go to sprint, but i'm happy i did since this phone is coming out soon..
Old 09-10-2008, 12:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

caifalex is a n00b

I have had SERO for about 9 months now, so technically I don't even qualify for the 75 dollar upgrade rebate. However, when I go to the upgrade page on sprint.com, it says I qualify for UP TO $150 off depending on length of contract, but, when I try order I get a final price of 249.99 after MIR. Assuming the Diamond costs the same, will I be able to upgrade by renewing my contract two more years (don't care since I'm grandfather on SERO)?? Do you guys get the same thing? (or does the system just really like me) I'm beginning to think that once it ties into my account it will show the actual price, but just so you guys know I did inpu my phone number to check for eligibility. Here are the screenshots.
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg palm 800w2.JPG (61.4 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg palm 800w.JPG (32.1 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

Quote:
Originally Posted by caifalex View Post
I have had SERO for about 9 months now, so technically I don't even qualify for the 75 dollar upgrade rebate. However, when I go to the upgrade page on sprint.com, it says I qualify for UP TO $150 off depending on length of contract, but, when I try order I get a final price of 249.99 after MIR. Assuming the Diamond costs the same, will I be able to upgrade by renewing my contract two more years (don't care since I'm grandfather on SERO)?? Do you guys get the same thing? (or does the system just really like me) I'm beginning to think that once it ties into my account it will show the actual price, but just so you guys know I did inpu my phone number to check for eligibility. Here are the screenshots.
Thanks!

All that matters is that when they put your number into the system it says you are eligible for the rebate. If it says you are eligible, take the screenshot and save it...and maybe save a PDF version of the website too using PDFCreator or some other such tool where you can turn anything you are able to print into a PDF.

If there is a problem with your claim use those as proof that it said you were eligble.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post
All that matters is that when they put your number into the system it says you are eligible for the rebate. If it says you are eligible, take the screenshot and save it...and maybe save a PDF version of the website too using PDFCreator or some other such tool where you can turn anything you are able to print into a PDF.

If there is a problem with your claim use those as proof that it said you were eligble.
that is so true it has to be in the system, and when you activate your phone it has to be in service for atleast 30 days before you get the MIR money back i got a phone and it took 2 1/2 months before i seen the MIR
Old 09-10-2008, 02:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

caifalex is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post

That's the thing, when I tried to do it under EVP (the company where I work is eligible) it said I wasn't and on sprint.com it says I am eligible for UP TO $150.00, then it says eligibility date 9/1/2008. I know all about the rebates since I hooked up my family with 5 plans on the last day SERO was available!! and they have all gotten them now. I was also one of the lucky few that got a 'WRONG' rebate from sprint for the touch a year ago where they sent $250.00 instead of $100.00. Am I just lucky? I mean, I am able to get the 800w all the way to checkout for the full (24 mo. service) upgrade price, I just don't want to pay for it or anything yet, I really want the diamond since I will be getting a touch TEP replacement, it'll be great because I can sell it as Like New and get the Diamond for ~100-150 (assuming my touch sells for ~150). Has anyone had an issue where it shows one price at checkout then another one at final order placement?
Thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

JUDD227 is keeping up the good workJUDD227 is keeping up the good work

So I was messing around and set up an order online for 3 new phones on my current family plan just to get an idea what I was looking to spend, when I clicked CANCEL I was redirected and offered an additional $50 on each phone to continue with the order. That was above and beyond the MIR and instant rebate. I set it up with instinct since it was the newest one on at the time and was considering purchasing it until reading the threads here. Now i'm holding out for the pro. Does Sprint do this with every online order? Think they'll do it with the Diamond or Pro? Maybe another way to get the price down?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

if you check the rebate status at the top it actually tells you that you must have a 34.99 plan or higher to qualify
Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

JUDD227 is keeping up the good workJUDD227 is keeping up the good work

Oh trust me I would love to have a plan that was less than 34.99, I would much rather pay $500 for the phone and $30 a month for service. But OH NO I never looked around and found all the great info you all provide on here until recently and I pay out my @** $146 a month for 3 phones all on data plans. Trust me I've been looking for someone to get on the ERP since sero is gone. I never new about any of that until finding this site. This site is great! You guys have tons of info and ideas even more that sprintusers, imo.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

iamjasonc is just getting started

Found this online. Looks like its FINALLY official!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/10/s...o-officialdom/

I like how they spaced out the releases so that people who get the diamond on launch day cant return them for Pros.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
Found this online. Looks like its FINALLY official!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/10/s...o-officialdom/

I like how they spaced out the releases so that people who get the diamond on launch day cant return them for Pros.
If you look at the Sprint document that's referenced though, all they say about the Diamond is that it "will be available beginning in September." No mention of date.

Clint

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond