PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The Price is set

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
No actually the Instink had more advertising money spent on it by Sprint, than any phone in their history. I remember reading that months before it came out on engadget or somewhere like that. I like the Instink commercial with the hockey mask killer, asking for GPS directions to the high school, or where ever the kids are at. The spot with the horny gal in love with the phone is pretty dumb, though.
Wrong...the most money ever spent on cell advertisment is by Apple for the iPhone.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Of course they would have to advertise the phone that nobody cares about. With the diamond or touch pro, U don't need to spend that much money coz people are waiting to get their hands on it already. why spend money advertising it.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
No actually the Instink had more advertising money spent on it by Sprint, than any phone in their history. I remember reading that months before it came out on engadget or somewhere like that. I like the Instink commercial with the hockey mask killer, asking for GPS directions to the high school, or where ever the kids are at. The spot with the horny gal in love with the phone is pretty dumb, though.
Have u seen their new ones?
http://mobile-enthusiast.blogspot.co...3g-videos.html
Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Wrong...the most money ever spent on cell advertisment is by Apple for the iPhone.
It's because it's their first phone ever created. On the 3g, since people know Iphone already, They did not spend as much as the first time.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: The Price is set

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Ummm I tink you misunderstood what he said. He is talking about with sprint that's was the most money they ever used on just one phone. Not any phone in General
Old 09-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work
Eb, you didn't understand what I said. I said "in their history." Meaning Sprint's history. Not in the cell industries history.

Last edited by matty032; 09-04-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Hey, I have 14 months with sprint, I have 8 more months to go for my contract to end.I am on the 30$ SERO. What discounts will I get and can I ask for instant credit for the MIR? I read somewhere that if you bug and insist to retentions that they will do the MIR on the spot. Also.. I have the bad screen Touch.. so in landscape the phone is useless... my eyes water. Can I use that as the main argument for better treatment and get the instant credit instead of the MIR?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto q

NikFin is a n00b
Angry Re: The Price is set

Sprint told me today that I am only eligible for a $75 upgrade and that I am NOT able to get the rebates for the Diamond...sad news to hear 10 days out from the date. Anywho do any of you know away around this loop hole? If I cry and complain will the bend? Please help!!! I have been geeking out on this phone for months and they want me to wait till Feb 09!!! I don't think so, even if I have to kill someone I am getting this phone on the 14th!!! Please help
Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

batcatman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFin View Post
Sprint told me today that I am only eligible for a $75 upgrade and that I am NOT able to get the rebates for the Diamond...sad news to hear 10 days out from the date. Anywho do any of you know away around this loop hole? If I cry and complain will the bend? Please help!!! I have been geeking out on this phone for months and they want me to wait till Feb 09!!! I don't think so, even if I have to kill someone I am getting this phone on the 14th!!! Please help
I wud suggest u call Retentions, dial *2, say cancel to get connected to retentions. Then tell them u wanna cancel ur service for some fone related reason like crappy screen, etc. They are the one's responsible for holding on to customers, and have always given me great deals like I got a Airwave yesterday for free with monthly fee waived
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

This is mostly for the ppl who have the Mogul, if you go on to your Sprint.com page, go to your email section, you will see a note that says as of 12/31 sprint email is done(i know old news, but just trust), then click something like other email ideas, and so on, well the new Sprint email program that is being used DOES NOT work with the Moguls, so if you upgrade to a new phone that does use the new program, you get the 150 rebate.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond