PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

sircas is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android

I love the HTC product line. Coming from the Pro 2 Windows mobil to a Window phone was not the same. Android O/S is more like the window mobile. I started to get the Android HTC evo 4g or Android HTC Shift. The windows has been alright. I have not been able to get any update let lone Mango to update on the my HTC Arrive.

I upgraded 2 Pro 2 phones for 2 HTC Arrives for me and the wife. My wife likes the Facebook capabilities. I miss the Bells & Wristles. We can not even get our custom ring tone. Customer service for the Window phone/Sprint/Zune sucks!!

We will bite the bullet soon and ebay 2 Android HTC phones (Ev0 4g or Shift)! Definetely no more window phones for me! There was my Rant! Hopefully other have had better luck!

I have notice 1 thing about the HTC Arrive forum: It's Dead over hear compared to the Pro 2 forum. Given all the thread in the Pro 2 forum regarding the HTC Arrive! I believe it has been all around disappointment! Seems like Microsoft was more interested in selling music & snooping in your pics for nuddies!!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android

@sircas
Full of misinformation here. Microsoft doesn't snoop anything, its google that does and then sells ur information and contacts to advertisers, this was all over the news recently. U should be able to get the mango update on the arrive very easily. Maybe u already have it, what does it say under about?

Try the solution here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484#801812C1

If that doesn't work try installing Zune again and maybe try to get sprint to replace it with an arrive that has mango already on it. Do this before giving up as there are really great things planned ahead for the windows ecosystem.

Last edited by eric12341; 02-17-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:11 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sircas View Post
I love the HTC product line. Coming from the Pro 2 Windows mobil to a Window phone was not the same. Android O/S is more like the window mobile. I started to get the Android HTC evo 4g or Android HTC Shift. The windows has been alright. I have not been able to get any update let lone Mango to update on the my HTC Arrive.

I upgraded 2 Pro 2 phones for 2 HTC Arrives for me and the wife. My wife likes the Facebook capabilities. I miss the Bells & Wristles. We can not even get our custom ring tone. Customer service for the Window phone/Sprint/Zune sucks!!

We will bite the bullet soon and ebay 2 Android HTC phones (Ev0 4g or Shift)! Definetely no more window phones for me! There was my Rant! Hopefully other have had better luck!

I have notice 1 thing about the HTC Arrive forum: It's Dead over hear compared to the Pro 2 forum. Given all the thread in the Pro 2 forum regarding the HTC Arrive! I believe it has been all around disappointment! Seems like Microsoft was more interested in selling music & snooping in your pics for nuddies!!
I would get the EVO 4G, 4G Design or 3D as the shift has less cpu power and no front cam.
Unless you want a slider but it is less of a device than the rest of the EVO lineup.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Sorry about your WP7 experience. Mine so far has been fantastic compared to my Windows Mobile overall good experience and Android nightmares with my Wife's EVO 4G.

Please, whatever you do purchase a dual-core Android device with sufficient RAM or your experience will greatly suffer.

Now that I've used WP7 it would be painful to change my thought processes back to how phones used to be designed and to have to deal with the outdated and inefficient way to accomplish tasks on the other systems.

I just did the HSPL on my Arrive last night and installed my first custom rom. I didn't NEED one but what I was trying to accomplish was to eliminate the listening to music slide open keyboard stop music bug(fixed). I also hoped the calendar was better = Is slightly with all day appointments showing on day screen now
Looking for 1 more thing to fix which is the 160 character limit on texts problem and I'd be super happy. No real need to fix what's not broken
Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Lurker

twiztid420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to twiztid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
Sorry about your WP7 experience. Mine so far has been fantastic compared to my Windows Mobile overall good experience and Android nightmares with my Wife's EVO 4G.

Please, whatever you do purchase a dual-core Android device with sufficient RAM or your experience will greatly suffer.

Now that I've used WP7 it would be painful to change my thought processes back to how phones used to be designed and to have to deal with the outdated and inefficient way to accomplish tasks on the other systems.

I just did the HSPL on my Arrive last night and installed my first custom rom. I didn't NEED one but what I was trying to accomplish was to eliminate the listening to music slide open keyboard stop music bug(fixed). I also hoped the calendar was better = Is slightly with all day appointments showing on day screen now
Looking for 1 more thing to fix which is the 160 character limit on texts problem and I'd be super happy. No real need to fix what's not broken

This can also add the Important for some people Internet Sharing Feature. So it allow your Phone to turn into a Wireless WAN connection if you want it to.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Elbimster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Elbimster Send a message via AIM to Elbimster Send a message via MSN to Elbimster Send a message via Yahoo to Elbimster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircas View Post

Good luck on Android. I went from 5 years loving Windows Mobile (dating back to HTC/Audiovox PPC-6600, then 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2). I went to Android after the TP2, and had an Evo 4G for a year. If you think going to Android is going to give you an experience closer to WM, you couldn't be more wrong. Plus, you'll want to make sure you pick up an extended battery. If you get 12 hours of battery life from an Android phone with data turned on, you're doing pretty well (and what's the point in having a smartphone if you can't use data?)

Out of curiosity, have you tried taking your Arrives into a Sprint store and saying "Hi, I haven't been able to get the Mango update on this. Could you all install it for me?"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

He hasn't came back to the thread so I guess he was trying to troll.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
He hasn't came back to the thread so I guess he was trying to troll.
Hmm? This has happened in previous OP threads. Who knows?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I'm stuck with sprint due to my awesome plan and their service is actually works fell on my device. I do have an arrive but really miss the things that the arrive lack. I love it's reliability but hate that it is virtually dead. Since there is virtually zero support for this phone I will have to go with android with my next phone. I hate the evo though so it will have to be something else.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned User

@esqueue why go android with the fact that there's now custom roms and with W8 in the future? There are tons of great things in the future for the MS ecosystem.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro