PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149187)

Karl 07-21-2012 03:47 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183651)
It seems that in every anti-WP thread siempre llegas pa'espumar tus tonterĂ*as. Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, the last time there was an overhaul it was still the CE kernel and the NT kernel wasn't ready for ARM at that time.

Yeah whats with the Spanish. are you saying your going to overthrow the government or something :-#

rootlinux 07-21-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 2183676)
Yeah whats with the Spanish. are you saying your going to overthrow the government or something :-#

I think he is saying Nokia will. Lol

eric12341 07-21-2012 05:38 PM

@austin420
Those are all anti-MS pundits writing those articles.
www.wpcentral.com/nokia’s-cumulative-sales-lumia-outpaces-iphone-and-samsung…back-2007

WP is also 2nd place in market share in china which btw has more people than the Anglo world combined.
Here's a video of the explanation as to why WP8 was moved to the NT kernel.

Microsoft’s Greg Sullivan shows off Windows Phone 7.8 and discusses Windows Phone 8 | Anythingbutiphone

austin420 07-21-2012 09:48 PM

Does anybody know how to report a post using the android app?

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

gullzway 07-21-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2183704)

Right click (hold down on the post) select "more", then "open in browser" click report.
Doesn't look like the ppcgeeks app can report.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks

eric12341 07-21-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2183704)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2183705)
Right click (hold down on the post) select "more", then "open in browser" click report.
Doesn't look like the ppcgeeks app can report.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks

I can report from the board express app on WP, but I usually just use the web browser

esqueue 07-22-2012 01:28 AM

@eric12341 I understand your love for microsoft but you can't hope to convince people based off of what any websites are saying.

I loved windows 6.5 but it was a tank. No matter how much someone is in denial you have to admit that android took windows mobile 6.5's spot with it's customizable nature and mass support.

Microsoft has screwed me over a few times. When they upgraded zune to hd they ignored the fat. That wan't a problem as I got it for free. They then added zune to their wp7 phones and said fuck you to anyone who purchased the zune players. Now that wp7 is a failure they will do the same and come with 8.

Mango took forever to come out. Prior to that the phones were basically useless with the complete lack of useful features. I've seen you campare it to android on it first release that they didn't have features when they were new.

If an automobile comes out with a new vehicle would it be acceptable for them to not include power steering, automatic transmission or air conditioning because they are new? Hell no, they are expected to look at all popular vehicles and give you more for less of a value.

I'll keep my arrive but for my next phone, I will go to an OS that has proven to already have more than I need or want.

The reason why I am now partial to android is that I've had 4.0 on my touchpad and am so happy with the availability of apps. Not only are they available, the majority of what I need are Free with ad supports.

eric12341 07-22-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esqueue (Post 2183715)
@eric12341 I understand your love for microsoft but you can't hope to convince people based off of what any websites are saying.

I loved windows 6.5 but it was a tank. No matter how much someone is in denial you have to admit that android took windows mobile 6.5's spot with it's customizable nature and mass support.

Microsoft has screwed me over a few times. When they upgraded zune to hd they ignored the fat. That wan't a problem as I got it for free. They then added zune to their wp7 phones and said fuck you to anyone who purchased the zune players. Now that wp7 is a failure they will do the same and come with 8.

Mango took forever to come out. Prior to that the phones were basically useless with the complete lack of useful features. I've seen you campare it to android on it first release that they didn't have features when they were new.

If an automobile comes out with a new vehicle would it be acceptable for them to not include power steering, automatic transmission or air conditioning because they are new? Hell no, they are expected to look at all popular vehicles and give you more for less of a value.

I'll keep my arrive but for my next phone, I will go to an OS that has proven to already have more than I need or want.

The reason why I am now partial to android is that I've had 4.0 on my touchpad and am so happy with the availability of apps. Not only are they available, the majority of what I need are Free with ad supports.

apps aren't everything.

austin420 07-22-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183721)
apps aren't everything.

isnt the entire point of moving to the nt colonel to be able to make more quality apps compatible over all your screens (tab, phone, pc)? in one of your own articles you posted a little bit ago, greg sullivan even says that moving to the nt core was mainly to provide efficiency to developers. he even touts that the signs of a great os is dev support as he is talking about windows phone getting to the 100,000 app milestone.
to say that apps arent everything is to debase the entire smartphone os platform. if phones didnt run apps, (native or third party) why even have a smartphone in the first place, just carry around a dumb phone and a laptop.

eric12341 07-22-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2183738)
isnt the entire point of moving to the nt kernel to be able to make more quality apps compatible over all your screens (tab, phone, pc)? in one of your own articles you posted a little bit ago, greg sullivan even says that moving to the nt core was mainly to provide efficiency to developers. he even touts that the signs of a great os is dev support as he is talking about windows phone getting to the 100,000 app milestone.
to say that apps arent everything is to debase the entire smartphone os platform. if phones didnt run apps, (native or third party) why even have a smartphone in the first place, just carry around a dumb phone and a laptop.

Corrected your spelling error (sic), apps aren't everything. I read something back in January that said that the majority of smartphone users just download an app, use it once and then never again. The only apps that get used on a daily basis are social networking ,music and utility apps.

http://www.wpcentral.com/study-end-a...style_mobile=0