PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149187)

sircas 02-17-2012 07:16 PM

My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
I love the HTC product line. Coming from the Pro 2 Windows mobil to a Window phone was not the same. Android O/S is more like the window mobile. I started to get the Android HTC evo 4g or Android HTC Shift. The windows has been alright. I have not been able to get any update let lone Mango to update on the my HTC Arrive.

I upgraded 2 Pro 2 phones for 2 HTC Arrives for me and the wife. My wife likes the Facebook capabilities. I miss the Bells & Wristles. We can not even get our custom ring tone. Customer service for the Window phone/Sprint/Zune sucks!!

We will bite the bullet soon and ebay 2 Android HTC phones (Ev0 4g or Shift)! Definetely no more window phones for me! There was my Rant! Hopefully other have had better luck!

I have notice 1 thing about the HTC Arrive forum: It's Dead over hear compared to the Pro 2 forum. Given all the thread in the Pro 2 forum regarding the HTC Arrive! I believe it has been all around disappointment! Seems like Microsoft was more interested in selling music & snooping in your pics for nuddies!!

eric12341 02-17-2012 09:51 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
@sircas
Full of misinformation here. Microsoft doesn't snoop anything, its google that does and then sells ur information and contacts to advertisers, this was all over the news recently. U should be able to get the mango update on the arrive very easily. Maybe u already have it, what does it say under about?

Try the solution here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484#801812C1

If that doesn't work try installing Zune again and maybe try to get sprint to replace it with an arrive that has mango already on it. Do this before giving up as there are really great things planned ahead for the windows ecosystem.

rootlinux 02-17-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sircas (Post 2169427)
I love the HTC product line. Coming from the Pro 2 Windows mobil to a Window phone was not the same. Android O/S is more like the window mobile. I started to get the Android HTC evo 4g or Android HTC Shift. The windows has been alright. I have not been able to get any update let lone Mango to update on the my HTC Arrive.

I upgraded 2 Pro 2 phones for 2 HTC Arrives for me and the wife. My wife likes the Facebook capabilities. I miss the Bells & Wristles. We can not even get our custom ring tone. Customer service for the Window phone/Sprint/Zune sucks!!

We will bite the bullet soon and ebay 2 Android HTC phones (Ev0 4g or Shift)! Definetely no more window phones for me! There was my Rant! Hopefully other have had better luck!

I have notice 1 thing about the HTC Arrive forum: It's Dead over hear compared to the Pro 2 forum. Given all the thread in the Pro 2 forum regarding the HTC Arrive! I believe it has been all around disappointment! Seems like Microsoft was more interested in selling music & snooping in your pics for nuddies!!

I would get the EVO 4G, 4G Design or 3D as the shift has less cpu power and no front cam.
Unless you want a slider but it is less of a device than the rest of the EVO lineup.

dtrush 02-21-2012 04:35 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Sorry about your WP7 experience. Mine so far has been fantastic compared to my Windows Mobile overall good experience and Android nightmares with my Wife's EVO 4G.

Please, whatever you do purchase a dual-core Android device with sufficient RAM or your experience will greatly suffer.

Now that I've used WP7 it would be painful to change my thought processes back to how phones used to be designed and to have to deal with the outdated and inefficient way to accomplish tasks on the other systems.

I just did the HSPL on my Arrive last night and installed my first custom rom. I didn't NEED one but what I was trying to accomplish was to eliminate the listening to music slide open keyboard stop music bug(fixed). I also hoped the calendar was better = Is slightly with all day appointments showing on day screen now:)
Looking for 1 more thing to fix which is the 160 character limit on texts problem and I'd be super happy. No real need to fix what's not broken:cheers:

twiztid420 02-21-2012 06:06 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 2169920)
Sorry about your WP7 experience. Mine so far has been fantastic compared to my Windows Mobile overall good experience and Android nightmares with my Wife's EVO 4G.

Please, whatever you do purchase a dual-core Android device with sufficient RAM or your experience will greatly suffer.

Now that I've used WP7 it would be painful to change my thought processes back to how phones used to be designed and to have to deal with the outdated and inefficient way to accomplish tasks on the other systems.

I just did the HSPL on my Arrive last night and installed my first custom rom. I didn't NEED one but what I was trying to accomplish was to eliminate the listening to music slide open keyboard stop music bug(fixed). I also hoped the calendar was better = Is slightly with all day appointments showing on day screen now:)
Looking for 1 more thing to fix which is the 160 character limit on texts problem and I'd be super happy. No real need to fix what's not broken:cheers:


This can also add the Important for some people Internet Sharing Feature. So it allow your Phone to turn into a Wireless WAN connection if you want it to.

Elbimster 02-21-2012 07:28 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sircas (Post 2169427)
I love the HTC product line. Coming from the Pro 2 Windows mobil to a Window phone was not the same. Android O/S is more like the window mobile. I started to get the Android HTC evo 4g or Android HTC Shift. The windows has been alright. I have not been able to get any update let lone Mango to update on the my HTC Arrive.

I upgraded 2 Pro 2 phones for 2 HTC Arrives for me and the wife. My wife likes the Facebook capabilities. I miss the Bells & Wristles. We can not even get our custom ring tone. Customer service for the Window phone/Sprint/Zune sucks!!

We will bite the bullet soon and ebay 2 Android HTC phones (Ev0 4g or Shift)! Definetely no more window phones for me! There was my Rant! Hopefully other have had better luck!

I have notice 1 thing about the HTC Arrive forum: It's Dead over hear compared to the Pro 2 forum. Given all the thread in the Pro 2 forum regarding the HTC Arrive! I believe it has been all around disappointment! Seems like Microsoft was more interested in selling music & snooping in your pics for nuddies!!

Good luck on Android. I went from 5 years loving Windows Mobile (dating back to HTC/Audiovox PPC-6600, then 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2). I went to Android after the TP2, and had an Evo 4G for a year. If you think going to Android is going to give you an experience closer to WM, you couldn't be more wrong. Plus, you'll want to make sure you pick up an extended battery. If you get 12 hours of battery life from an Android phone with data turned on, you're doing pretty well (and what's the point in having a smartphone if you can't use data?)

Out of curiosity, have you tried taking your Arrives into a Sprint store and saying "Hi, I haven't been able to get the Mango update on this. Could you all install it for me?"

eric12341 02-21-2012 10:11 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
He hasn't came back to the thread so I guess he was trying to troll.

steveo70 02-22-2012 03:59 AM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169977)
He hasn't came back to the thread so I guess he was trying to troll.

Hmm? This has happened in previous OP threads. Who knows?

esqueue 02-23-2012 01:59 AM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
I'm stuck with sprint due to my awesome plan and their service is actually works fell on my device. I do have an arrive but really miss the things that the arrive lack. I love it's reliability but hate that it is virtually dead. Since there is virtually zero support for this phone I will have to go with android with my next phone. I hate the evo though so it will have to be something else.

eric12341 02-28-2012 03:24 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
@esqueue why go android with the fact that there's now custom roms and with W8 in the future? There are tons of great things in the future for the MS ecosystem.

ctiger 04-12-2012 12:55 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by esqueue (Post 2170176)
I'm stuck with sprint due to my awesome plan and their service is actually works fell on my device. I do have an arrive but really miss the things that the arrive lack. I love it's reliability but hate that it is virtually dead. Since there is virtually zero support for this phone I will have to go with android with my next phone. I hate the evo though so it will have to be something else.

What support do you need? Just curious.
I just got my Arrive. I was with TP2 all the time, and was amazed with the capability of the WP7, love it.
We have iPhone 4s in the house too.
I have a A500 tab. So I can say I have experience with almost all mobile systems(of course not, no BB ever, never. No webOS neither) And the simplicity of WP7 is way better than what I had with the HC A500. Of course I didn't use a real Android phone, and tab is not a phone, but I used the Anroid port on TP2, which is so painful that I'd rather use the WM6.5. It did open the door for me, but just not working.
I like the fact that the msgs are displayed on lock screen, so I already know what's coming and don't necessary to go check if I don't want to. I first thought the yahoo mail is left along, but found that the embedded email can handle ymail alright. Better than the crappy ymail app on android. That one was quite annoying.

esqueue 04-21-2012 07:59 AM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctiger (Post 2175330)
What support do you need? Just curious.
I just got my Arrive. I was with TP2 all the time, and was amazed with the capability of the WP7, love it.
We have iPhone 4s in the house too.
I have a A500 tab. So I can say I have experience with almost all mobile systems(of course not, no BB ever, never. No webOS neither) And the simplicity of WP7 is way better than what I had with the HC A500. Of course I didn't use a real Android phone, and tab is not a phone, but I used the Anroid port on TP2, which is so painful that I'd rather use the WM6.5. It did open the door for me, but just not working.
I like the fact that the msgs are displayed on lock screen, so I already know what's coming and don't necessary to go check if I don't want to. I first thought the yahoo mail is left along, but found that the embedded email can handle ymail alright. Better than the crappy ymail app on android. That one was quite annoying.

The support I meant was custom roms and an unlocker. That was remedied slightly earlier than my post or after.

sircas 05-02-2012 02:58 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169977)
He hasn't came back to the thread so I guess he was trying to troll.

I don't Troll! And I do not live on this Site! I have other Interests where I am mostly! PPC Geeks is great forum! My cell phone is 4 or 5 down on my interest list behind Sportbike (Roadracing), BMW & Firearm interest.

I also finally got the update for my phone. I did take the advice regarding not to jump ship to quickly. We are keeping the Window HTC Arrvive until something better comes along.

TexasAggie97 06-28-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sircas (Post 2177305)
I don't Troll! And I do not live on this Site! I have other Interests where I am mostly! PPC Geeks is great forum! My cell phone is 4 or 5 down on my interest list behind Sportbike (Roadracing), BMW & Firearm interest.

I also finally got the update for my phone. I did take the advice regarding not to jump ship to quickly. We are keeping the Window HTC Arrvive until something better comes along.

I jumped ship less than 30 days into my Arrive experience taking advantage of Sprint's return policy. Now both my wife and I have a Samsung Epic 4G. Must have a keyboard!

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App

gjhuff 07-19-2012 03:07 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
I have had my Samsung SII Galaxy Epic Touch now for almost a year. I too had been a WM user going back to before the PPC days. I enjoyed my Touch Pro 2 and was looking forward to the Arrive. But when I went into the store to test it, I was very disappointed to find it was a locked in system similar to the IOs on IPhones, crippled with no ability to customize. I don't use a smart phone for music so its' dependence on Zune was a turnoff, as well as its' relative inability to work with my computer.

When I dared to criticize MS for Windows Phone 7, on this board, you'd think I farted in church. I was told that I really didn't need the features I'd come to like in WinMo, that Phone 7 was better and my intelligence was questioned for not falling in line like a sheep.

Eventually, I went with the SII Epic. Originally, it came with Android's Gingerbread which has been upgraded to ICS 4. I've been very happy with it - it does everything the Touch Pro 2 did and more with better hardware and a bigger screen. I can customize anything to my heart's content - launchers, ring tones, gps, hotspot etc..

Since then, Windows Phone 7 is sinking and taking Nokia along with it. MS has announced that Windows Phone 8, as did Phone 7, will not run on Phone 7 phones. Its' market share continues to sink - but we're told this is due to the stupid employees in carriers' stores who don't sell their customers on the advantages of WP 7 over IOS and Android. In the Sprint stores in my area, the Arrive is no longer on display.

I think the market has spoken here.

eric12341 07-19-2012 04:58 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjhuff (Post 2183573)
I have had my Samsung SII Galaxy Epic Touch now for almost a year. I too had been a WM user going back to before the PPC days. I enjoyed my Touch Pro 2 and was looking forward to the Arrive. But when I went into the store to test it, I was very disappointed to find it was a locked in system similar to the IOs on IPhones, crippled with no ability to customize. I don't use a smart phone for music so its' dependence on Zune was a turnoff, as well as its' relative inability to work with my computer.

When I dared to criticize MS for Windows Phone 7, on this board, you'd think I farted in church. I was told that I really didn't need the features I'd come to like in WinMo, that Phone 7 was better and my intelligence was questioned for not falling in line like a sheep.

Eventually, I went with the SII Epic. Originally, it came with Android's Gingerbread which has been upgraded to ICS 4. I've been very happy with it - it does everything the Touch Pro 2 did and more with better hardware and a bigger screen. I can customize anything to my heart's content - launchers, ring tones, gps, hotspot etc..

Since then, Windows Phone 7 is sinking and taking Nokia along with it. MS has announced that Windows Phone 8, as did Phone 7, will not run on Phone 7 phones. Its' market share continues to sink - but we're told this is due to the stupid employees in carriers' stores who don't sell their customers on the advantages of WP 7 over IOS and Android. In the Sprint stores in my area, the Arrive is no longer on display.

I think the market has spoken here.

@gjhuff Excuse me??? Where is your evidence that WP is sinking? The Nokia lumia 710 has consistently been in the top 5 selling phones on T-mobile since release and the lumia 900 is number 3 in sales on AT&T. Both phones have top ratings

orangekid 07-19-2012 05:10 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183578)
@gjhuff Excuse me??? Where is your evidence that WP is sinking? The Nokia lumia 710 has consistently been in the top 5 selling phones on T-mobile since release and the lumia 900 is number 3 in sales on AT&T. Both phones have top ratings


That's because tmobile doesn't have a phone selection. Top 5??

After the SGS3, One S, SGS2, Amaze, I guess I can see some cheap people grabbing the free Lumia710.


And the Lumia900 top 3 on ATT, after the SGS3 and the One X, well I still don't see the luima900 being "top 3"

This article is saying something quite to the contrary of your sentiment...

Nokia Only Sells 600,000 Phones in U.S.

edit: also,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ref=technology

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...fall-34pc.html

looks like its smartphone sales kinda suck :banghead:

eric12341 07-19-2012 07:14 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
All the sales numbers are speculations at this point. It's pretty obvious that this is an anti-WP site now with over 90% of members bashing it and even staff/former staff. Nothing I or anyone else here can say otherwise will stop it. Only thing is to see how salty all y'all feel when WP8 blows up.

orangekid 07-19-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183582)
All the sales numbers are speculations at this point. It's pretty obvious that this is an anti-WP site now with over 90% of members bashing it and even staff/former staff. Nothing I or anyone else here can say otherwise will stop it. Only thing is to see how salty all y'all feel when WP8 blows up.

Dude don't get all victim and apathetic. You're displacing from the conversation and bringing up completely irrelevant points.
You're right. Nothing you can say will make WP7 a good OS any more than nothing I can say will change your mind about WP7 and T-Mobile (I happen to like T-Mobile)

WP7 failed. It's numbers, not opinion. It does not have shit for market share. It does not have the development to contend with android and iOS (and I actually don't like iOS that much),

and so they go and change the kernel base and make everything obsolete ? How is that going to solidify MORE development?

The Linux kernel isn't changing, android versions do, but it's all basically built in the same kernel with different shit on top.
They go from 6.5 to WP7 then from ce to nt, what's next? I want to like windows phone. Its a new toy I want to play with. But it's so closed and limited, it's like iOS with crappy apps support. I've owned a lumia710, an HD2, and a Focus S, and I know wp7 first hand.

It's just not producing no matter how you spin it

Maybe the reason people on this site and staff and former staff (and most of xda too btw) rags on wp7 is because it's just not that good or successful.!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the PPCGeeks App

eric12341 07-20-2012 03:29 AM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2183590)
Dude don't get all victim and apathetic. You're displacing from the conversation and bringing up completely irrelevant points.
You're right. Nothing you can say will make WP7 a good OS any more than nothing I can say will change your mind about WP7 and T-Mobile (I happen to like T-Mobile)

WP7 failed. It's numbers, not opinion. It does not have shit for market share. It does not have the development to contend with android and iOS (and I actually don't like iOS that much),

and so they go and change the kernel base and make everything obsolete ? How is that going to solidify MORE development?

The Linux kernel isn't changing, android versions do, but it's all basically built in the same kernel with different shit on top.
They go from 6.5 to WP7 then from ce to nt, what's next? I want to like windows phone. Its a new toy I want to play with. But it's so closed and limited, it's like iOS with crappy apps support. I've owned a lumia710, an HD2, and a Focus S, and I know wp7 first hand.

It's just not producing no matter how you spin it

Maybe the reason people on this site and staff and former staff (and most of xda too btw) rags on wp7 is because it's just not that good or successful.!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the PPCGeeks App

They aren't moving away from NT for quite sometime. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, hence the switch and will be capable for years to come.

orangekid 07-20-2012 09:47 AM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183602)
They aren't moving away from NT for quite sometime. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, hence the switch and will be capable for years to come.

For their sake I hope you're right.

esqueue 07-20-2012 12:05 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
I had hope for windows phone 7 as the phones are fast and stable. That can only get me so far though. When their devices don't do so well, they drop it and make another.

I could care less what reports, websites or users on forums say. The fact is that there isn't nearly as much good wp7 phones on the market and many just don't make apps for it. My bank just released an app for IOS, android and even BB.

User experience is what I go off of. I dislike Iphones so android is the next obvious choice for me.

eric12341 07-20-2012 02:52 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by esqueue (Post 2183622)
I had hope for windows phone 7 as the phones are fast and stable. That can only get me so far though. When their devices don't do so well, they drop it and make another.

I could care less what reports, websites or users on forums say. The fact is that there isn't nearly as much good wp7 phones on the market and many just don't make apps for it. My bank just released an app for IOS, android and even BB.

User experience is what I go off of. I dislike Iphones so android is the next obvious choice for me.

Would be quite foolish to go android now with WP8 and the MS ecosystem just months away.

orangekid 07-20-2012 03:08 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183630)
Would be quite foolish to go android now with WP8 and the MS ecosystem just months away.


Give it a couple years for the "ecosystem" to actually populate with development and apps.

Why not go with a proven platform rich with development, apps, and expanding daily, than wait for the sequel of an essentially failed operating system which, although seemingly promising, is unproven and even is successful will take a couple of years to have apps and good development?

Even after updates, time, and some developers, WP7 app content left a lot to be desired and a lot of them were shoddy at best.

Go Android Jellybean and Key lime pie, then maybe in a year or two from now WP8 might have something to offer.

austin420 07-20-2012 05:44 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183602)
They aren't moving away from NT for quite sometime. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, hence the switch and will be capable for years to come.

ya, thats what was implied last time they overhauled as well, but we all see how that panned out.

austin420 07-20-2012 05:45 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2170935)
@esqueue why go android with the fact that there's now custom roms and with W8 in the future? There are tons of great things in the future for the MS ecosystem.

now thats funny right there, i dont care who ya are.

eric12341 07-20-2012 07:11 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2183646)
ya, thats what was implied last time they overhauled as well, but we all see how that panned out.

It seems that in every anti-WP thread siempre llegas pa'espumar tus tonterĂ*as. Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, the last time there was an overhaul it was still the CE kernel and the NT kernel wasn't ready for ARM at that time.

orangekid 07-21-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183651)
It seems that in every anti-WP thread siempre llegas pa'espumar tus tonterĂ*as. Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, the last time there was an overhaul it was still the CE kernel and the NT kernel wasn't ready for ARM at that time.

Can u source that ? Cuz every article I see says Nokia tanked in smartphone sales.

Also, what's with the Spanish? I don't have a clue what you said there...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the PPCGeeks App

boredandtattooed 07-21-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183651)
It seems that in every anti-WP thread siempre llegas pa'espumar tus tonterĂ*as. Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, the last time there was an overhaul it was still the CE kernel and the NT kernel wasn't ready for ARM at that time.

Nokia has been around decades... So their "first few years" have been over... And let's be honest, iPhone had lines for a week before the first one launched... In the Far East they fight over who's getting in stores first.... Noone ever has, nor ever will act that way with Nokia(not in US) or WP.....

The SGlll had 9million pre-orders... 9 million worldwide!! That's 1 phone...That's record breaking.... WP probably hasn't even sold 9million devices since its inception


To each their own, but face it, no matter how bad you want it, MS/WP will never have what it used to..

austin420 07-21-2012 03:01 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183651)
Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years.

this is not truth.

Nokia revival hopes fade as analysts cut targets | NDTV Gadgets

Nokia's Q2: all lemons, little lemonade | ZDNet

Guess what? Nokia is still sucking wind in North America | Mobile - CNET News

these article are all dated this week.

Karl 07-21-2012 03:47 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183651)
It seems that in every anti-WP thread siempre llegas pa'espumar tus tonterĂ*as. Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, the last time there was an overhaul it was still the CE kernel and the NT kernel wasn't ready for ARM at that time.

Yeah whats with the Spanish. are you saying your going to overthrow the government or something :-#

rootlinux 07-21-2012 04:06 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 2183676)
Yeah whats with the Spanish. are you saying your going to overthrow the government or something :-#

I think he is saying Nokia will. Lol

eric12341 07-21-2012 05:38 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
@austin420
Those are all anti-MS pundits writing those articles.
www.wpcentral.com/nokia’s-cumulative-sales-lumia-outpaces-iphone-and-samsung…back-2007

WP is also 2nd place in market share in china which btw has more people than the Anglo world combined.
Here's a video of the explanation as to why WP8 was moved to the NT kernel.

Microsoft’s Greg Sullivan shows off Windows Phone 7.8 and discusses Windows Phone 8 | Anythingbutiphone

austin420 07-21-2012 09:48 PM

Does anybody know how to report a post using the android app?

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

gullzway 07-21-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2183704)
Does anybody know how to report a post using the android app?

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

Right click (hold down on the post) select "more", then "open in browser" click report.
Doesn't look like the ppcgeeks app can report.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks

eric12341 07-21-2012 10:15 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2183704)
Does anybody know how to report a post using the android app?

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2183705)
Right click (hold down on the post) select "more", then "open in browser" click report.
Doesn't look like the ppcgeeks app can report.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks

I can report from the board express app on WP, but I usually just use the web browser

esqueue 07-22-2012 01:28 AM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
@eric12341 I understand your love for microsoft but you can't hope to convince people based off of what any websites are saying.

I loved windows 6.5 but it was a tank. No matter how much someone is in denial you have to admit that android took windows mobile 6.5's spot with it's customizable nature and mass support.

Microsoft has screwed me over a few times. When they upgraded zune to hd they ignored the fat. That wan't a problem as I got it for free. They then added zune to their wp7 phones and said fuck you to anyone who purchased the zune players. Now that wp7 is a failure they will do the same and come with 8.

Mango took forever to come out. Prior to that the phones were basically useless with the complete lack of useful features. I've seen you campare it to android on it first release that they didn't have features when they were new.

If an automobile comes out with a new vehicle would it be acceptable for them to not include power steering, automatic transmission or air conditioning because they are new? Hell no, they are expected to look at all popular vehicles and give you more for less of a value.

I'll keep my arrive but for my next phone, I will go to an OS that has proven to already have more than I need or want.

The reason why I am now partial to android is that I've had 4.0 on my touchpad and am so happy with the availability of apps. Not only are they available, the majority of what I need are Free with ad supports.

eric12341 07-22-2012 07:46 AM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by esqueue (Post 2183715)
@eric12341 I understand your love for microsoft but you can't hope to convince people based off of what any websites are saying.

I loved windows 6.5 but it was a tank. No matter how much someone is in denial you have to admit that android took windows mobile 6.5's spot with it's customizable nature and mass support.

Microsoft has screwed me over a few times. When they upgraded zune to hd they ignored the fat. That wan't a problem as I got it for free. They then added zune to their wp7 phones and said fuck you to anyone who purchased the zune players. Now that wp7 is a failure they will do the same and come with 8.

Mango took forever to come out. Prior to that the phones were basically useless with the complete lack of useful features. I've seen you campare it to android on it first release that they didn't have features when they were new.

If an automobile comes out with a new vehicle would it be acceptable for them to not include power steering, automatic transmission or air conditioning because they are new? Hell no, they are expected to look at all popular vehicles and give you more for less of a value.

I'll keep my arrive but for my next phone, I will go to an OS that has proven to already have more than I need or want.

The reason why I am now partial to android is that I've had 4.0 on my touchpad and am so happy with the availability of apps. Not only are they available, the majority of what I need are Free with ad supports.

apps aren't everything.

austin420 07-22-2012 10:53 AM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2183721)
apps aren't everything.

isnt the entire point of moving to the nt colonel to be able to make more quality apps compatible over all your screens (tab, phone, pc)? in one of your own articles you posted a little bit ago, greg sullivan even says that moving to the nt core was mainly to provide efficiency to developers. he even touts that the signs of a great os is dev support as he is talking about windows phone getting to the 100,000 app milestone.
to say that apps arent everything is to debase the entire smartphone os platform. if phones didnt run apps, (native or third party) why even have a smartphone in the first place, just carry around a dumb phone and a laptop.

eric12341 07-22-2012 03:05 PM

Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2183738)
isnt the entire point of moving to the nt kernel to be able to make more quality apps compatible over all your screens (tab, phone, pc)? in one of your own articles you posted a little bit ago, greg sullivan even says that moving to the nt core was mainly to provide efficiency to developers. he even touts that the signs of a great os is dev support as he is talking about windows phone getting to the 100,000 app milestone.
to say that apps arent everything is to debase the entire smartphone os platform. if phones didnt run apps, (native or third party) why even have a smartphone in the first place, just carry around a dumb phone and a laptop.

Corrected your spelling error (sic), apps aren't everything. I read something back in January that said that the majority of smartphone users just download an app, use it once and then never again. The only apps that get used on a daily basis are social networking ,music and utility apps.

http://www.wpcentral.com/study-end-a...style_mobile=0


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0