PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm on the fence on whether I love or hate WP7

I was over at Sprint yesterday and was checking out the Arrive. My wife hates her Evo shift so I'm thinking of getting her this device. I was impressed with it clean and usable UI. No learning curve which frankly is ideal for many users. I spend alot of time trying to get Denise to figure out the shift, which she probably would not need with the arrive. It was snappy as well. Nice device. With Mango coming soon it will probably be that much better but in it's current form it's very good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I was over at Sprint yesterday and was checking out the Arrive. My wife hates her Evo shift so I'm thinking of getting her this device. I was impressed with it clean and usable UI. No learning curve which frankly is ideal for many users. I spend alot of time trying to get Denise to figure out the shift, which she probably would not need with the arrive. It was snappy as well. Nice device. With Mango coming soon it will probably be that much better but in it's current form it's very good.
yea that's right it is a great phone. the only thing keeping me from enjoying it is the shitty sprint service in my area for about 4 months now. hopefully they'll have this sorted out by the time mango arrives. this will definitely be a long summer even tho its the fastest passing season.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Thumbs up Re: I'm on the fence on whether I love or hate WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Yep, the simplicity is there, just like the iPhone, Windows iPhone 7 is perfect for those that don't want or need any customization. I might buy another Arrive for my wife, she's not into all the availible features on my Epic.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Yep, the simplicity is there, just like the iPhone, Windows iPhone 7 is perfect for those that don't want or need any customization. I might buy another Arrive for my wife, she's not into all the availible features on my Epic.
as if the arrive will have its current feature set forever. wp7 has plenty of customization options but in a different way.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:11 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
as if the arrive will have its current feature set forever. wp7 has plenty of customization options but in a different way.
not to get you on a rant but "what way" is arrive customizable?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
not to get you on a rant but "what way" is arrive customizable?
the fact that u can pin whatever the hell u want to the start screen, u can have any picture in the lock screen and I saw an app that allows one to change the look of the tiles.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:06 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
the fact that u can pin whatever the hell u want to the start screen, u can have any picture in the lock screen and I saw an app that allows one to change the look of the tiles.
do u honestly think tiles are a better looking ui then a customizable 1 do u honestly wanna see tiles the rest of ur device life if u do u must not mind being a robot while i admit they are kinda cool i some way :S i dun wanna see the same thing day in and day out it gets kinda boring wouldn't u say ???
Old 05-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
WOW, that's a whole bunch of customization! AMAZING! I'm glad the ringtones are customizable as are custom tile colors, data transfer options, etc... etc... etc...
Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
WOW, that's a whole bunch of customization! AMAZING! I'm glad the ringtones are customizable as are custom tile colors, data transfer options, etc... etc... etc...
as said before, u act as if it'll be like that forever it is not and in fact 6 months from now no one will be able to say shit about wp7 unless they're downright MS-hating trolls. u must be bored with ur epic seeing as u keep coming over here spreading the same FUD. go change ur BT icon or something while eating frozen peanuts.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:37 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

whats the deal with frozen peanuts ??? i would have said frozen peas but to each their own i guess ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro