PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

I had no issues transfer contacts via Gmail, hotmail or from my Evo.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: so i went and got the arrive yesterday ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
dont know why you are having issues. all my contacts transferred flawlessly, number,pictures and all. try to sync them without the +1 in them because i had them blank once (but on my TP) but when i did that everything was good.

i have no idea i just dunno what the hell is going on with my accounts even if it's the accounts all i know is i've been trying since i got it last thursday and nothing seems to be working i also went behind as u suggested and took the 1 out and still nothing so i dunno what the hell it is i'm doing wrong but neither me or the advanced tech heads can figure it out at this point ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

I had no issues transfer contacts via Gmail, hotmail or from my Evo.
now u just brought up something interesting did u try bluetoothing them over from the evo cause i'm willing to try and see if my wife will let me use her phone and try to get em on here even though i tried with older devices i have here to sync my contacts from them with no avail .. can some1 tell me if there is bluetoothing issues with this device ??? cause i notice u really can't bluetooth to anything except headphones on this thing

Last edited by rrjskj; 04-28-2011 at 10:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I just thought of something.... do u by any chance have ur contacts arranged in groups? because I did for some reason when that happened to me. all the numbers I had in the "Latina" group did not sync properly just the names so what I did was remove the groups and resynched them and it worked flawlessly. of course this was back on my tp2 when I switched all my contacts from Google to hotmail. I imagine that it shouldn't be much different on the arrive so try that.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
dont know why you are having issues. all my contacts transferred flawlessly, number,pictures and all. try to sync them without the +1 in them because i had them blank once (but on my TP) but when i did that everything was good.

Just because everything worked "flawlessly" for you does not mean other users with a different phone will work.

A disclaimer should be given when purchasing the HTC Arrive - "work in progress."

It's a good phone, just not what some people want or need.

FYI, OP, it took a long time to sync all my contacts. you might try letting it sync for an hour and see if that works.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Just because everything worked "flawlessly" for you does not mean other users with a different phone will work.

A disclaimer should be given when purchasing the HTC Arrive - "work in progress."

It's a good phone, just not what some people want or need.

FYI, OP, it took a long time to sync all my contacts. you might try letting it sync for an hour and see if that works.
ya i agree, what works for some dont for others.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
I just thought of something.... do u by any chance have ur contacts arranged in groups? because I did for some reason when that happened to me. all the numbers I had in the "Latina" group did not sync properly just the names so what I did was remove the groups and resynched them and it worked flawlessly. of course this was back on my tp2 when I switched all my contacts from Google to hotmail. I imagine that it shouldn't be much different on the arrive so try that.
reposting this to mask out unproductive nonsense. hope this tip works.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Threadstarter

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

nope their not in groups i made sure of that when i got the arrive that they are not in groups still dont freaking get it ..now i got a question for any1 who wants to answer this that has a wp7 device why is it when i connect the phone to my pc it sync's music that i don't want onto it i tried taken a different approach and tried setting it to the exact folder i wanted it to sync to only to find out when i removed the folder i didn't want sync'd deleted completely out of my libraries i've had to restore my folders 14 times to get my original folders back after disconnecting my computer how the hell do ya get around it without that happening again 2 when i 1st added zune software it made my computer go completely nuts at 1st when i connected my phone it shut down twice saying it was an error and afterwards it seriously messed up my computer to the point i had to do several restores can some1 honestly tell me if there is a problem with zunes software ???
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned User

I honestly don't know what ur issue is with the contacts as to why it isn't working. did u create a new live account and sync all those contacts over through exchange on the tp2? and is it the primary account setup on the phone? not sure if it has to be but its recommended that u have this one primary. as for the Zune issue I haven't had any such problems and Zune will not sync with folders that u don't have it set to sync with. once again good luck and I hope it works this time. it may also help to post ur issue over on Microsoft answers.

Last edited by eric12341; 04-30-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

to be honest, op pm'd me for help before getting this phone...i really think info[]box can help him (inside knowledge ).
Old 04-30-2011, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Tekki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Bought this today, I'm in love with this phone. Such a breath of fresh air compared to my TP2

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro