PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: so i went and got the arrive yesterday ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
I've had a couple of Hotmail accounts I've used for probably 15 years. I really don't use them for much else since getting out of the military except for Spam drops so I can keep my regular emails as clean as possible. I just installed the Outlook Connector but can't seem to get it working. I think it might have something to do with the fact I'm still using OL2003. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to get the thing to work.
For my Windows Live Hotmail account I use the Outlook Connector with Office 2003 without problem in a sandbox Virtual XP. Microsoft has made it so easy now that all you really need to do is put in your e-mail and password and it configures the entire thing for you.

My Office 365 however is configured to run in native Windows 7 via Office 2010. I like to keep my personal & business stuff way separated but they magically show combined on my phone. Genius!

Check out some forums or Google to get your connector working. I'm baffled because it has always worked flawless for me.

++ About the Mango beta ++
I did have an issue with it staying stuck on vibrate. After many soft resets & configurations which was major annoying I was forced to hard reset in order to get rid of that bug. I havent' seen any other report of this ever happening eitherso no one believes me
Other than that there really isn't anything to complain about function wise. I did however purchase Avtex CRM Dialer and it won't launch. I'll have to wait to use it after they update it for Mango. There wasn't a "try" feature so I had to fork over the $. Overall the beta is solid!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Funny, I installed it last night and it showed up on the tool bar but didn't give me any options to sync up with hotmail. There must be something I'm missing here after the install or maybe it's got something to do with me running Windows 7 and using 2003. I'll have another long look at it after I get home today.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
OK, Thanks again for the insight. My outlook is via my home computer with Office 2003 since I never bothered to upgrade since the local college was still using 2003 the last time I and my wife were needing it.

I have a couple of Hotmail accounts that I've had for years. I guess I really need to get down to business and figure out how to synch the Skydrive up with my contacts, calender, and documents/photos/videos so I can move them over to my Arrive when it gets here tomorrow or Thursday.

I still have most of my stuff loaded on MyPhone but don't know if I can somehow migrate it all over to Skydrive or not.

To the OP. Thanks for letting me sort of hijak this thread instead of starting a new one. Once I get this all figured out, I'll let you have it back.

Thanks
lol it's cool man as long as it's being helpful and other's are being helpful i dun mind you guys and gals hijacking my thread ..
Old 07-20-2011, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

OK, finally figured out that the DOS/WINDOWS file that OL2003 was exporting was a CSV. It's amazing what I can figure out when I actually get some sleep. I got my contacts uploaded to Hotmail but couldn't get teh CSV for the calender to upload. No sweat on that.

Thanks for the help. I'll let ya'll know if I have any other hiccups after I get my Arrive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro