PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you getting the 7 Pro?
Yes 52 55.91%
No 17 18.28%
Undecided 24 25.81%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Whose getting it?

I like the discount but I dont want to pay the $7 for Sprint Insurance. So I have to buy it from fleabay and use ST for the insurance.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougd View Post
Yes, I am really torn myself on what to do. I have an upgrade that from what what I understand I will lose in April. So if I dont upgrade now I will have to wait till december. My touch pro 2 is still working pretty well, tried the android thing, its ok. Windows seems to suit me better. I guess I have a few more weeks to decide.
ive been told by multiple reps(i keep checking), that we DONT lose upgrades if already eligible... and everytime a rep has tried to say we Will, i ask to comfirm it real fast and they always come back and say, sorry your DO get to keep it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougd View Post
Well I thought I even saw a $50 off if you pre-order,cant remember who it was from. That still takes it down to only $150.
heres how pre-order works... goto Sprint, say you wanna pre-order, buy a $50 gift card to hold your spot on the list.. come in on Launch Day, show receipt, Use Gift $50 Card @ purchase.. so its, $249.99 MORE, to leave with it.. 12weeks later when your rebate comes - you get your $100 check or debit card.. so its $299, you just buy the gift card and apply it to the end cost at purchase.. theres no "secret discount" on this device, you still paid $199 in the end., well plus taxes and shit
Old 03-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

call me late from lunch, but not late to dinner. im all in on march 20th and im dropping this evo like a penny off of the sear's tower. windows functions ppcs is where my heart at bottom line, 4g or not lte or not unlocker(hspl) or not, but hey thats me.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

welcome back to the party !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

I want to fondle the phone first before I buy it.

I sent HTC an email asking them if the phone would have a TFT or SLCD screen, here is their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc
Thank you for your email regarding the specifications for the HTC Arrive. We certainly appreciate your interest in upcoming HTC devices. Unfortunately, information regarding the device specifications is limited. The only information we have regarding the display is that it will be a 3.6-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch capability. We have information whether it will be a TFT screen or super LCD. However, more information should be made available as the device nears release.

Any information currently available can be found at HTC Press Release - Read the Latest HTC Mobile Phone News.

Why don't they just tell us if it will have TFT or SLCD? I don't see an issue, but I take it that the phone is just TFT and not SLCD, or they would proudly mention it.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I'm almost certain it has an slcd screen.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work

I would never get a brand new phone at the Sprint store.

The reps is going to open it up, put fingerprint all over it, put the battery in, put more fingerprint all over it again, and hand it over to you! They need to activate it at the store.

I am ordering mine online.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820
welcome back to the party !
You know windows phone7 for cdma would bring out a vet. lurker lol.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

-Enkidu- is a n00b

The water may be cold. I may as well jump in & find out the hard way.
So, yeah, I'm getting 1.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I would never get a brand new phone at the Sprint store.

The reps is going to open it up, put fingerprint all over it, put the battery in, put more fingerprint all over it again, and hand it over to you! They need to activate it at the store.

I am ordering mine online.
truth

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro