PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice

saridnour is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Saridnours’ AKU 3.5+ Rom (Thread Three)

This is a hybrid of AKU 3.5 and WM6. Current Version 3.5pr8 (10-06@6:555M PST)

Download the latest ROM here: ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....KU3.5+_pr8.rar

This is the third thread for this rom. Please see th following for earlier questions and the history of the rom:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3517
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=saridnour%27s

Whats is this Rom:
This ROM is a non Kitchen build combining elements/drivers from Helmi's 3.3 Kitchen and drivers blended with my own modifications and supportive files from WM5, WM6 as well as other 3rd parties. All applications are freeware or shareware. Voice Command has been included with the exception of the EXE file which you would have to purchase and add on your own as there is no shareware version of this application.

What sets it apart from other ROMS:
-Speed and stability. This is my primary goal with this rom
-No welcome screen at first boot. It will go through calibration only
-No extended rom Auto launch (can launch this manualy)
-Safe mode (use like you would on a desktop XP machine)
- MS Voice command announces caller through BT
-Wmodem to support IRDA (uses Internet sharing for BT and USB)
-SDHC drivers (to support 4gig+ SD cards). WM5Storage app is included and works
-Focus on A2DP (BT stereo profile) and AVRCP (Mortplayer)
-Wisebar Lite v1.15(trial) task management and start menu addon
-Updated Radio Rom

Other included feature::
- MS Voice command support files (you need to add your purchased exe file)
- WM6 splash, themes, sounds, etc.
- MS WM6 RDP client
- .net cf2
- Total Commander 2.5pb2 (extended_rom in hotlist)
- XPdf v0.5
- MS Reader v2.4.1.5323
- MortPlayer v3.31rc7
- MortScript v4.0
- Adobe Flash v7.0.70
- Pocket RAR v3.71
- vJCandela v0.3
- XCPUscaler 2007 v3
- tcpmp v0.081rc1
- clear temp v0.9.3.0
- pNotepad
- Flexmail 2007 v3.1(1834)
- JVM Esmertec jeodek build 20061013
- Regedit
- WM5Storage v1.75
- Games: tetris clone, Bejeweled

To install, uncompress the .RAR package. Place your device in boot loader mode and run the MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe to get the install going. Do a hard reset after the update conculdes. (both soft buttons held while re-setting, not what is depicted in the app). Also set the date and time on the welcome screen. Not sure but the trials may expire when you later update the date/time.

Everything is set to load at start that needs to be running (with the exception of *voice command, see below). So Wisbar will load at start and use the settings I found to work well.
I removed everything that I felt was junk which includes the MSN apps, help files, doc templates, sample images, and other non-useful junk (at least junk to me). There was a lot removed.

Earlier releases and revision history can be found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3517

See Next Thread for continued details.

Last edited by saridnour; 10-08-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
Additional Notes:

The A2DP values have been reset for use with MortPlayer and will casue WMP to skip at the begining of each song as it loads device.exe at 99% cpu usage for the first 20 seconds of playback. Other media players do not do this and is why I have Mort now set as default. If you want to use media player I recomend the following changes:
Remove reg keys:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2 DP\Settings]
"MaxSupportedBitPool"=dword:00000050
"MinSupportedBitPool"=dword:00000032
(These allow the system to scale the quality based on the source)
Then add:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2 DP\Settings]
"Bitpool"=dword:0000001e
Decimal values range from 58-30 (Highest to lowest)
Basicly this will hard set the quality of the audio at 34. I picked the value that worked without skipping nearly 100% of the time in WMP. This value can be raised if you do not notice skipping or if you use another app.

-saridnour

Last edited by saridnour; 10-06-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
Awesome. I've downloaded it, but probably won't get a chance to install it until this weekend.

Thanks Saridnour!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Lurker

exspand is a n00b
I installed this new build and it actually runs slower than the previous one? even though I am using the same applications and programs.
When I hit the start button or try to start any app, it seems to hang, and take several seconds longer to launch.
I installed the new xcpuscaler over the old one and activated it, so speed should not be this big an issue?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD
Carrier: None- unlocked

trendsbze is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by saridnour View Post
This is a hybrid of AKU 3.5 and WM6. Current Version 3.5pr8 (10-06@6:555M PST)

Download the latest ROM here: ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....KU3.5+_pr8.rar

This is the third thread for this rom. Please see th following for earlier questions and the history of the rom:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3517
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=saridnour%27s

Whats is this Rom:
This ROM is a non Kitchen build combining elements/drivers from Helmi's 3.3 Kitchen and drivers blended with my own modifications and supportive files from WM5, WM6 as well as other 3rd parties. All applications are freeware or shareware. Voice Command has been included with the exception of the EXE file which you would have to purchase and add on your own as there is no shareware version of this application.

What sets it apart from other ROMS:
-Speed and stability. This is my primary goal with this rom
-No welcome screen at first boot. It will go through calibration only
-No extended rom Auto launch (can launch this manualy)
-Safe mode (use like you would on a desktop XP machine)
- MS Voice command announces caller through BT
-Wmodem to support IRDA (uses Internet sharing for BT and USB)
-SDHC drivers (to support 4gig+ SD cards). WM5Storage app is included and works
-Focus on A2DP (BT stereo profile) and AVRCP (Mortplayer)
-Wisebar Lite v1.15(trial) task management and start menu addon
-Updated Radio Rom

Other included feature::
- MS Voice command support files (you need to add your purchased exe file)
- WM6 splash, themes, sounds, etc.
- MS WM6 RDP client
- .net cf2
- Total Commander 2.5pb2 (extended_rom in hotlist)
- XPdf v0.5
- MS Reader v2.4.1.5323
- MortPlayer v3.31rc7
- MortScript v4.0
- Adobe Flash v7.0.70
- Pocket RAR v3.71
- vJCandela v0.3
- XCPUscaler 2007 v3
- tcpmp v0.081rc1
- clear temp v0.9.3.0
- pNotepad
- Flexmail 2007 v3.1(1834)
- JVM Esmertec jeodek build 20061013
- Regedit
- WM5Storage v1.75
- Games: tetris clone, Bejeweled

To install, uncompress the .RAR package. Place your device in boot loader mode and run the MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe to get the install going. Do a hard reset after the update conculdes. (both soft buttons held while re-setting, not what is depicted in the app). Also set the date and time on the welcome screen. Not sure but the trials may expire when you later update the date/time.

Everything is set to load at start that needs to be running (with the exception of *voice command, see below). So Wisbar will load at start and use the settings I found to work well.
I removed everything that I felt was junk which includes the MSN apps, help files, doc templates, sample images, and other non-useful junk (at least junk to me). There was a lot removed.

Earlier releases and revision history can be found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3517

See Next Thread for continued details.
I own a Eten G500+ and is dying to upgrade it to this AKU 3.5. iS THIS POSSIBLE and would you recommend. My current ROM is AKU 2.2. Thank you so much.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

kd4ao is a n00b
PRL won't update

I downloaded the latest ROM and installed it. It looks good and seems to work OK but the ## codes don't seem to work so I am unable to update the PRL. What have I done (or not done) wrong?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
exspand: Try a hard reset and re-installing it again. There should not be any hangs like you are talking about. Just try the hard reset, re-install then manualy add the provisioning cabs from your extended that your carrier requires. Then see if the issue remains. After that add your apps back slowly and see if there is a new issue with an individual app. I have also seen in the past that after installing a new rom build that it does not "take" corretly. Can;t explain why and its not just on this rom, but a hard reset and reload can correct it if that is the case. There were no reports of slowness in any of the betas.

Trendsbze: "Eten G500+" ?? If its an HTC apache then this Rom will work, if not DO NOT load the rom as its only for this hardware. It is carrier independant so it should not matter who your carrier is or the internal name of your hardware. Also please do not quote the whole post. Just copy and paste the text of what you need to reference. Could you please edit your post to remove the extra info. It just makes the thread easier to read and follow

kd4ao: The ## codes may not be working for you if you did not load your carriers required extended rom cabs. These tell the rom what they are and what they do. By default this rom will not load anything from the extended rom and requires you to load or launch the auto run yourself. It just keeps those that are unaware of the impact of loading the old cab files ontheir devices and causing issues.

-saridnour

Last edited by saridnour; 10-09-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Lurker

exspand is a n00b
[QUOTE=saridnour;98985]exspand: Try a hard reset and re-installing it again. There should not be any hangs like you are talking about. Just try the hard reset, re-install then manualy add the provisioning cabs from your extended that your carrier requires. Then see if the issue remains. After that add your apps back slowly and see if there is a new issue with an individual app. I have also seen in the past that after installing a new rom build that it does not "take" corretly. Can;t explain why and its not just on this rom, but a hard reset and reload can correct it if that is the case. There were no reports of slowness in any of the betas.

The programs and apps seem to run fine once they get going....the screen just seems to be lagging and slow to respond. I have to hit an icon once or twice to get it going, and then it sometimes doubles up, like it will open another part of that program that a second tap in that area of the screen would command.
I have the registered Xcpuscaler which I installed and even with it set to the fastest speed, it still acts the same.
So would you still suggest a re-install?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
exspand: I would try the steps I posted for you above. Basicly just try loading the rom by itself and then just the carriers required cabs. Doing this will make sure that another app or instance may be causing you trouble. Its always possible that pr8 could have issues with other apps that were not an issue with earlier ones. Its also possible the last rebuild introduced something, but so far I have not heard of anyone else seeing this. I would also recomend not running xcpuscalar all the time. Just run itwhen needed...

-saridnour
Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

mmbhm is a n00b
Should we let the customization cabs run or soft reset?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache