PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kaiser
Carrier: AT&T

bimmerd00d is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bimmerd00d Send a message via MSN to bimmerd00d Send a message via Yahoo to bimmerd00d
http://www.aftermarketcellular.com/i...OS2STEREO.html

I LOVE these. I bought my g/f the Logitech Freepulse or whatever, she likes them with her ipod, they sounded alright. The SQ on the Cardo's is surprisingly awesome. I picked them up from CompUSA for $59 b/c they're going out of business and the world is on sale there.

Last edited by bimmerd00d; 01-22-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

knightrida_01 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters View Post
I had 2 voyager 510s, first one people heard me better than on the phone itself, second one, people couldn't hear me all that well.. changed a few phones in between too, few OSs, nothing... not sure why. it's still better than the 2 other headsets i've tried, a jabra and a motorolla. (forget model numbers for now)

as for my next headset, it'll be this thing:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/8928/

Ok thats real cute and all but who really wants to lug that thing around with them, the purpose of bluetooth is to make things easier. This thing is bigger and will be harder to carry around. I guess it would be cool to take on the streets and just freak people out with but other than that I can't see any practical usage of it.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
LMAO @ that ^

It's a perfect accessory for my tiny phone...
Old 01-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Another update in my quest to find a decent headset:

I received my spiffy new Plantronics 855 yesterday, and was definitely impressed with its appearance. I inserted it into my ear, and it promptly fell out onto the table. Ok, I thought, time to try the other earbuds on for size. Unfortunately, none of them worked for me. They were all either way too small, or way too big. The stereo ear piece was a joke...it fell out whenever I moved my head.

Per the manual, I attached the ear loop to help stabilize the headset in my ear. It comes with two different sized loops, one of which made the headset stick out from my face at a 60 degree angle, and one that just plain hurt.

Since I purchased it through Newegg.com, it only had a 30 day replacement warranty. Luckily, the rep I chatted with got a supervisor to make an exception and allow a refund as long as I purchased a different headset from them. I relented and purchased the 655. It uses the same earbud as the 640 (my old headset), and got decent reviews from Cnet.

So ends the saga.
And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

Fosters is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrida_01 View Post
Ok thats real cute and all but who really wants to lug that thing around with them, the purpose of bluetooth is to make things easier. This thing is bigger and will be harder to carry around. I guess it would be cool to take on the streets and just freak people out with but other than that I can't see any practical usage of it.

pfft, you're just a youngin', that thing can be made hands free, just need one of these bad boys:

Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Lurker

SiGGy is a n00b
BlueAnt Z9.

Upgrading to 3.3 firmware (current as of this post) is a must.

I love the headset; great battery life. People can always understand me. It's small and light. The noise cancellation works great.

I've switched back and forth between the handset and the headset and no-one can tell the difference... minus the lack of background noise.

I also like the fact you can shutoff the annoying blue flashing lights... I too forget I have it on and join the others in the borg...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

DonC is becoming a great contributor
Siggy,
Actually 3.4 is the most current (21 Jan) . It is available on their website for the Z9. It fixes a bug with call conferencing.
From the read me:
"Z9 can now intitiate a new call after the first call is placed on hold."
Old 01-27-2008, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
I received my spiffy new Plantronics 855 yesterday, and was definitely impressed with its appearance. I inserted it into my ear, and it promptly fell out onto the table. Ok, I thought, time to try the other earbuds on for size. Unfortunately, none of them worked for me. They were all either way too small, or way too big. The stereo ear piece was a joke...it fell out whenever I moved my head..
Did you have any luck getting the 855 to work consistently with your device? I'm finding the earpieces very comfortable -- in fact, I like it much better than any other headset I've ever tried -- but I'm having terrible problems with skipping

The sound quality is excellent, though, once I get a song to actually start playing.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
Did you have any luck getting the 855 to work consistently with your device? I'm finding the earpieces very comfortable -- in fact, I like it much better than any other headset I've ever tried -- but I'm having terrible problems with skipping

The sound quality is excellent, though, once I get a song to actually start playing.
I never got that far, as the headset didn't fit me well enough to warrant wearing it more than a few minutes at a time.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
I never got that far, as the headset didn't fit me well enough to warrant wearing it more than a few minutes at a time.
Bummer. I can relate to your problem with fit -- I must have really small ear canals, because I usually have a terrible time getting earbuds to stay put -- but I was lucky with this model.

I feel like I'm so close to figuring out the skipping problem, if I could just find one or two more tweaks. My non-tech gut instinct is that I need to add a bigger buffer or something. Once a stream starts running, it's fine, but the first 3-10 seconds are chopped up.

kal

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache