PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
default pocket internet explorer

can someone rip this from the original rom for me please so i can add it to my custom rom??? i have the original but have no clue as to how get it out of there.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
you mean to tell me with all these custom roms floating around noone knows how to extract files from an original rom ??? i find that very hard to believe.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
I don't really know how to.

However my bet is you would get a much better response if anyone actually could understand what you want.

-PIE w/out Pie+?
-the default PIE Start Page?
-Some older version of PIE?

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 07-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

the original version of pocket internet explorer that came with the device...hence the "original rom"
Old 07-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
I believe it is the same as what is in the newest kitchen.

What is it that you can't do, or don't like about the 'current version'.

I'm wondering if you may have built with PIE+ and don't like the interface.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

the problem im having is the same everyone else is having...not able to view picturemail as we used to before the rom upgrade...old ie would take us to the pic and we could "view media" or dl it right to our phone...with new rom and its version of ie it wont allow us to do anything other than view a tiny pic on the screen...
Old 07-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

the three i have tried are big j's hemlis c+s and kirwin k+s
Old 07-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
There is no fix for this Yay 4 Juggs. You can't just extract PIE from a ROM and insert it in another one. It has ties deep into the OS so you are stuck with whatever version is present in the ROM you're using.

Believe me if it were that easy we'd all have done it by now. Our user bonuts posted a trick to get Pic Mail working by using Mortscript... that's currently the best alternative if you want it to work, but it's a bit of a pain:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/workaround-m...cript+mms.html
Old 07-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no i think it will be as simple as copying over the old to the new...just make sure all the files are with it...we've gotten this far why stop now just because of a dramatic workaround. The problem is no different than the cookies issues of old it runs as if its 6.0 when we need it to run like 4.0 and just changing the registry isnt going to cut it as its embedded within pocket ie
Old 07-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs
no i think it will be as simple as copying over the old to the new...just make sure all the files are with it...we've gotten this far why stop now just because of a dramatic workaround. The problem is no different than the cookies issues of old it runs as if its 6.0 when we need it to run like 4.0 and just changing the registry isnt going to cut it as its embedded within pocket ie
I don't think it's a PIE problem as that doesn't explain why it won't work with Opera either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache