PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Shaska is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Did you wiggle the connector at all? Mine is on the way out, but I can still get it to connect by inserting the miniusb connector and then putting pressure on the back side of it (if the 6700 screen is facing you push it towards you). Give that a shot and see if it helps you.
Thanks for the tip, But looks like no dice... Well, at least I can still use the phone and charge it for now... (Hopefully the screen will stop flickering after a soft reset too)

If I really need to call a number I dont know off hand, I can get it from Outlook on my PC...
Old 07-22-2007, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Just curious.. not that it really helps, but do you still have all 5 of the gold pins on the top of the usb connection on your phone?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann
Just curious.. not that it really helps, but do you still have all 5 of the gold pins on the top of the usb connection on your phone?
After close inspection, I only see 3... Two in the center are missing :S

So perhaps that cable I used somehow ripped them out? or pushed them back into the phone?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Could have. Atleast now you know exactly why it's not working anyway.

Or the snug fit (probably a slight off angle on the connector in your cradle) that you mentioned might have weakend it over time and the connector at work just finished the job.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Could have. Atleast now you know exactly why it's not working anyway.

Or the snug fit (probably a slight off angle on the connector in your cradle) that you mentioned might have weakend it over time and the connector at work just finished the job.
Im thinking you are right on this one... Just my luck it was probably some dirt or something from the cable at work that did the majority of the damage, and my cradle probably just finished the job with its Overly-Snug fit.

Im not sure if sprint is gonna cover it under my TEP, But regardless Im goin in ready to spend $50 if I need to... My phone is a very big tool to me in my daily life... Although my work frowns down apon people using personal cell phones during work, They have made exceptions for me and my 6700 in the past... Hey, If a Double Agent uses them all the time, its not hard to show the value of letting a InStore agent use theirs from time to time if its Really needed. It has saved me many a time when a computer has a bad ethernet port and such... (Granted, 1x aint much for downloading drivers, But its a cheap way to test out the theory of a broken NIC or wireless adapter)
Old 07-22-2007, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chuque is a n00b
mine has the same issue now. I had one replaced back in march? for this issue. I do not have TEP and am wondering if I should even bother taking it into the store. Last time they made me feel like they were bending over backwards to help me out by charging me $50 to replace a phone that I assumed was under warranty. I tried to add TEP later and was unable to do so.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuque
mine has the same issue now. I had one replaced back in march? for this issue. I do not have TEP and am wondering if I should even bother taking it into the store. Last time they made me feel like they were bending over backwards to help me out by charging me $50 to replace a phone that I assumed was under warranty. I tried to add TEP later and was unable to do so.
Well, That is a little lame that they made such a big deal of it, But it was kinda nice of them to only charge $50 for a swap when technically they could have told ya to "Jog On" and send it to HTC directly.

Im just hoping they dont flip out over my custom boot screen... "Caution, THIS IS SPARTA!"

Old 07-22-2007, 05:59 PM
VIP Member

Nice bootscreen

We need a program to stick the device in bootloader mode. We've got one to get it out. That would fix a lot of service problems. Then they can't get it out with a broken USB.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I should see if I can find my bluetooth adapter and try to perform a BT active sync... Would be useless for attempting to flash a rom on there, But at least I may be able to get my contacts back on to the phone for the time being...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Now I remember why I never used this thing... Kensington Bluetooth Adapters SUCK! XD Nearly BSOD'd my desktop with its crappy drivers!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Nice bootscreen

We need a program to stick the device in bootloader mode. We've got one to get it out. That would fix a lot of service problems. Then they can't get it out with a broken USB.
I'm confused. Won't hitting the notes button, the power button and then soft reseting (all at the same time) place your phone in boot loader mode? No need for usb to do that. it works for me anyways.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache